Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,370 members, 7,888,205 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:37 PM

Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message (618 Views)

Russians Flee Country To Avoid Being Sent To Front Line By Putin (photos) / Ten Things To Know About Liz Truss, New UK Prime Minister (Photos) / MI6 Spies Say Vladimir Putin Could Be Dead & A Body Double Is Taking His Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by Teaser4(m): 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2022
By Mikey SmithWhitehall Correspondent
18:14, 29 Oct 2022

Incendiary claims will raise serious questions for Cabinet Secretary Simon Case and former PM Boris Johnson over a "news blackout" about the compromised device

Liz Truss’ personal phone was ‘hacked’ by spies suspected of working for Vladimir Putin, it has been reported.

According to the Mail on Sunday, agents thought to be working for the Kremlin downloaded a year’s worth of messages and top secret discussions with international allies.

But it’s claimed Boris Johnson and Cabinet Secretary Simon Case agreed to suppress information about the cyber-attack, which was discovered during the Tory leadership campaign.

Allies were worried that if the news broke it could derail her chances of becoming Prime Minister - and it’s claimed she “had trouble sleeping” until Mr Case “imposed a news blackout.”

The incendiary story will raise serious questions about the UK’s security apparatus - and of the judgement of both Mr Johnson and Mr Case.

Mr Case this week decided not to investigate Home Secretary Suella Braverman ’s alleged leak of sensitive information, despite widespread calls for a probe.

A UK Government spokesperson told the Mail on Sunday: “We do not comment on individuals’ security arrangements. The Government has robust systems in place to protect against cyber threats.

“That includes regular security briefings for Ministers, and advice on protecting their personal data and mitigating cyber threats.’

It’s claimed the messages that were downloaded included discussions with international allies regarding the war in Ukraine, including detailed information about arms shipments.

And further exchanges between Ms Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng, who would later be named Chancellor, criticising Mr Johnson - disclosures that could have left them open to blackmail.

https://www mirror.co.uk/news/politics/liz-truss-phone-hacked-putin-28360857?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Mynd44 Seun Lalasticala Mukina2

Re: Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by lhordspy: 6:47pm On Oct 29, 2022
Lol.
I said it few days back that it is just matter of time. Remember in Putin speech, days after the Nuclear drill. He specifically made mention of liz truss threatening to nuke russia at any slightest chance. He must have had lot of information and secret about her.

She thinks running away will save her. She was wrong. Putin is just starting with her.

If she come this world again, she no go dey do cho-cho-cho. Small UK prime minister, she was already intoxicated with power, making threats.
Re: Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by joyandfaith: 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2022
Teaser4:
By Mikey SmithWhitehall Correspondent
18:14, 29 Oct 2022

Incendiary claims will raise serious questions for Cabinet Secretary Simon Case and former PM Boris Johnson over a "news blackout" about the compromised device

Liz Truss’ personal phone was ‘hacked’ by spies suspected of working for Vladimir Putin, it has been reported.

According to the Mail on Sunday, agents thought to be working for the Kremlin downloaded a year’s worth of messages and top secret discussions with international allies.

But it’s claimed Boris Johnson and Cabinet Secretary Simon Case agreed to suppress information about the cyber-attack, which was discovered during the Tory leadership campaign.

Allies were worried that if the news broke it could derail her chances of becoming Prime Minister - and it’s claimed she “had trouble sleeping” until Mr Case “imposed a news blackout.”

The incendiary story will raise serious questions about the UK’s security apparatus - and of the judgement of both Mr Johnson and Mr Case.

Mr Case this week decided not to investigate Home Secretary Suella Braverman ’s alleged leak of sensitive information, despite widespread calls for a probe.

A UK Government spokesperson told the Mail on Sunday: “We do not comment on individuals’ security arrangements. The Government has robust systems in place to protect against cyber threats.

“That includes regular security briefings for Ministers, and advice on protecting their personal data and mitigating cyber threats.’

It’s claimed the messages that were downloaded included discussions with international allies regarding the war in Ukraine, including detailed information about arms shipments.

And further exchanges between Ms Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng, who would later be named Chancellor, criticising Mr Johnson - disclosures that could have left them open to blackmail.

https://www mirror.co.uk/news/politics/liz-truss-phone-hacked-putin-28360857?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Mynd44 Seun Lalasticala Mukina2

So western media are not trustworthy

2 Likes

Re: Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by God1000(m): 6:53pm On Oct 29, 2022
Putin is always in the news for wrong reasons

1 Like

Re: Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by pacino26(m): 6:58pm On Oct 29, 2022
Russia don learn from NSA that didn’t even spare to hack Angela Merkel and other world leaders phones that year.

Russia still remains accused until substantial evidence proves otherwise. As it stands now they are guilty of everything.

Interesting times ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by jimetagambo: 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
God1000:
Putin is always in the news for wrong reasons
I just tire. grin

1 Like

Re: Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by Teaser4(m): 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2022
joyandfaith:

So western media are not trustworthy
Victor let this be the last time, wey you go comments on any of my thread here, or mention me sef… if you do I go Dey swear for you ni, I don’t care if the mods ban my moniker…. I don warn you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by Teaser4(m): 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2022
pacino26:
Russia don learn from NSA that didn’t even spare to hack Angela Merkel and other world leaders phones that year.

Russia still remains accused until substantial evidence proves otherwise. As it stands now they are guilty of everything.

Interesting times ahead.
of course na another propaganda nah, I just create the thread for comic relief ni…. I actually saw the news first on a telegram channel, so I decided to dig for the original source. Anyone wey believe the crap needs a brain surgery cos tumor Dey inside the brain

See some users reactions below

Re: Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by joyandfaith: 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2022
Teaser4:
Victor let this be the last time, wey you go comments on any of my thread here, or mention me sef… if you do I go Dey swear for you ni, I don’t care if the mods ban my moniker…. I don warn you.

Victor hope you hear the warning.

1 Like

Re: Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by BentizilL: 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2022
Teaser4:
I don't think he's same as Victor, Joy still get sense pass that one.. I may be wrong tho cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Liz Truss' Phone 'hacked By Putin Spies' For Top Secret Info And Private Message by Teaser4(m): 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2022
BentizilL:

I don't think he's same as Victor, Joy still get sense pass that one.. I may be wrong tho cheesy
oh, ok bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Russia To Deploy Musicians To Frontline Of Ukraine War In Bid To Raise Spirits O / Ukraine War: Over 30,000 Wagner Fighters Injured Or Killed In Ukraine, Says US / Watch Spain F-18 Jet Crash On Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.