Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,804 members, 7,898,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 10:22 PM

Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry (32496 Views)

Before Going Into Full-time Ministry - For Aspiring Ministers. / What Experience Have You Had That Made You Believe That God Is Real? / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Tzar(m): 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
GO AND FIND BETTER WORK & STOP INVOLVING GOD IN YOUR NIGERIAN LAZINESS!!!

God DOES NOT show you ‘SIGNS’ to go into full time ministry!!! This is a LIE from the pit of hell!

You MUST HAVE a job that you do!! LAZY NIGERIAN! Then God will CLEARLY CALL YOU to work for him, but not FULL TIME , lazy MF!
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Naijanascam: 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
Stanleyq:
In as much as i do not like todays ministries, but i disagree Ur stand that oyibos are not called

Mention those called from the countries I mentioned
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Dirpetaner: 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
you didnt mention the person having dreams of preaching to people....or dreams coming to pass.....or holy spirit speaking to such fellow something is wrong about your list
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Ekpekus(m): 12:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
IrepChrist:
Four Signs that God Might be Calling You into Full-time Ministry

1. A Profound Impression from God

When considering whether or not you feel called to ministry, check to see the genuineness of your passion for the things of God whether you expect some benefits in return or just a genuine love for souls.

2. Confirmation from others:
I have a friend in the ministry whom I have known for years. He loves God and he is anointed he is not a lazy man. One thing I know is that, God will not put grace in you and expect you not to profit it for the furtherance of his kingdom. I told him to start from somewhere. Thank God he did.

If something similar has happened to you, and others have commented on your life in a way that seems to direct you toward the ministry, that’s a very good sign that you’re probably called to go into full time ministry.

3. Reoccurring Thoughts for Ministry
Sometimes God will put something in your mind and continue feeding it back into you until you decide to do something about it. This is actually a strategy God tells us to use in Luke 18, when he uses the parable of “The Persistent Widow”.

This is something that has happened to me, consistently, for the past two/three years. I just couldn’t stop thinking about ministry. It just kept popping into my head over and over again. Even after surrendering to God’s call, it’s still always in the back of my mind.

If ministry is something you can’t stop thinking about, it’s very likely God’s calling you to ministry.
If ministry is something you can’t stop thinking about, it’s very likely God’s calling you to ministry.

4. A Passion for the Job
The final indicator for a call to ministry is a deep-rooted passion for the type of ministry God’s calling you. That could be missional work, pastoral work, church administrative work, worship ministry, or any other position in the light of ministry leadership.

If this sounds like you, and you have a genuine love for what God is calling you to, that’s a strong indicator that you’re being called to full time ministry.

5. Visions and dreams:
I have had personal encounters in dreams and in those encounters I would see myself standing before multitude preaching the gospel and in some I will be laying hands on people and I see them receiving their deliverance. Though I am not into a full time ministry but I am actively involved. Your dreams are expression of what should be your realities sometimes. So please pay attention to your dreams and seek for God's direction.

And you know with all this, you can still do ministry as a professional or in the market place. You must not open a church or climb the pulpit. Let the offices and the homes be our ministry.
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Ekpekus(m): 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2022
IrepChrist:

He is first and genuine child of God and then he have the fruit and the gift of the holy spirit . You see bah, I am one of those who will not rush people into that idea of starting up a ministry. Because so many people rush into it because they felt it's another option for survival. Hence many may have be called but few are chosen.
All you stated is what every child of God has. This does not automatically translate to being called to open a ministry. There is duplication of same ministry in our generation. Everyone wants to be a G.O
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Iamziggy: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
Abegi!!!!! God no Dy call anybody. Highest thing wey go happen b say e go make u Dy self cautious about things...
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by jcross19: 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Please stop feeding people with these lies about your "ministry" cons using the name of Jesus Christ. undecided

To everyone who is called by Jesus Christ to the Kingdom of God is the same work given.... and the judgment that awaits all the same. Every man is called to obedience and doing that which Jesus Christ did and even more. All are called equals with the same job to do and the same end goal to accomplish in the end - do that which Jesus Christ did and more. All who fall short of that goal have themselves to blame. undecided
you are not wrong sir!!! Christ could have called millions not 12!! We could have had 100 kings in one kingdom!!!! We could have had more 300 moses during his time even God could have chose the whole angels to come and die for us. God is not stupid ,He did his thing in a well planned way..
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Love55freas(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
okay
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Emperor88(m): 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
aylagos:
Nna don start , some people will capitalize on this now and start calling themselves prophet or Pastor. The number of church in Nigeria is times 3 of manufacturing industry, Our mumu never do ? A lot of youths are out there in the church looking for a miracle because their Pastors told them to believe instead of them going out there to be a problem solver and own a business. If you think only church can help you to fight poverty you have a problem called poverty of brain. Anyway if you don’t have anything doing now and you are in Lagos and you are hoping for a financial freedom , feel free to contact and join my real estate team here in LAGOS. Trust me within 6 months you will make more than a million and also travel out with our team on vacation. Pls don’t say it’s a lie ooo check ayhomes.ng on instagram or www.Ayhomes.ng pls if you are looking for a miracle money pls don’t bother to contact our team.
Times three? Where did you get that figure from? My street alone has 8 standard churches an average of 5 churches per streets in my local government. So multiply 5 churches by 150 streets= 750chrurces....The number of manufacturing companies around Odi-Olowo/Mushin is not up to 10 as industrious as that arear is.

At Lagos/Idadan express road, around Mowe/Lotto/Aseese there is only two factories there but hundreds of churches and many religious camps.

2 Likes

Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by mmsen: 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
The real reason why most Africans join church scam business is because their pockets are empty. tongue
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by mmsen: 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
HITsquad:
Lol this is what I love about Christianity.

The debate, the argument, logics, different theories and different individual opinions.

And Christians questions everything and anything... That's the sign of a healthy religion. God gave us brain right...? I don't know about other religions, but as a Christian I know that it was God who created us and our brain(note: in his image) so any religion that forbids you to use your brain and question certain doctrine is a scam and a brain washing program. Not a religion.

The Freedom to think and act for yourself Without someone stoning you to death or burning you alive citing blasphemy is what makes Christianity the best religion in the world... And also what makes it vulnerable.

Cos the excess tolerance and freedom that comes with Christianity gives random people including Christians a golden license to disrespect the religion as they want. Unlike other religions...

But any Loyalty and faithfulness built on a foundation of fear can never be compared to the one standing on a foundation of free-will.

This is why Christianity will always be the best religion in the entire universe.

I wasn't a Christian by choice.. Like most people in the world i was born into my religion (Christianity) And I'm forever glad for that.

Most xtians do not question xtianity otherwise they would not be xtians.
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by mmsen: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
aylagos:
Nna don start , some people will capitalize on this now and start calling themselves prophet or Pastor. The number of church in Nigeria is times 3 of manufacturing industry, Our mumu never do ? A lot of youths are out there in the church looking for a miracle because their Pastors told them to believe instead of them going out there to be a problem solver and own a business. If you think only church can help you to fight poverty you have a problem called poverty of brain. Anyway if you don’t have anything doing now and you are in Lagos and you are hoping for a financial freedom , feel free to contact and join my real estate team here in LAGOS. Trust me within 6 months you will make more than a million and also travel out with our team on vacation. Pls don’t say it’s a lie ooo check ayhomes.ng on instagram or www.Ayhomes.ng pls if you are looking for a miracle money pls don’t bother to contact our team.

It's a lot more than x3 oga.

Drive through the various useless villages in this country and you will find 10 churches.

It's the same in the cities, you cannot walk more than 50 metres in southern Nigeria without passing a church.

1 Like

Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by realray(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
As for somebody like me who's a sickle cell, who struggled so much with no job, no education the only thing I gree up with reading is the bible, oh yes I love reading the scripture but am discouraged because wen I was doing the little work I could do in God's vineyard with out any pressure out of love and some even said I have the gift of preaching or teaching God's words but I became discouraged when someone said am doing it out of eye service so because of that, I backed out but am trying to comeback which I need God's mercy and strong hands to help me because I don't know which one is for me again and sometimes I think of suicide because is as if am left alone, no help no direction I don't know what can work for me and am tired of everything.......
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
backnbeta:

Not right sir- we are all called into the assignment of propagating the gospel; just that not all will serve in the house of God as pastors. The command to witness is given to all followers of Christ.
God did not call your pastors and mogs to their house of god. undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by DaveHarry(m): 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
D number of lost phones I've seen and returned, I can't count...but my phone was once stolen sometime in 2020.
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
CSTRR:
Did every believer in the early church travel like Paul?
You people and your obsession with the man called paul. Most of the first Christians had to leave their homes for one reason or another to go to other lands where they then had to preach. Stop making paul a god and focus on Jesus Christ only. undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Starz825:
Kobo grin Recently when I read your first line, my mind says to me check the moniker...it's Kobojunkie ... anyway...you are right..
even though there are some called to lead the line as pastors, bishops, apostles etc ...every christian have same goals, Same duties assigned to them from the MOST HIGH GOD anywhere they find themselves...
You are wrong there! undecided

Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear, this in line with that already declared by God Himself, that He alone is the shepherd to His sheep. So if you have others above you in the Kingdom of God, you don't belong to Jesus Christ but to those whom you have set up as masters over you. undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lepon02:
Nonsense.
Back at you! undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
Instantsmspro:
So why did Jesus choose his apostle?
Why do individuals football players represent both club and country whereas there are many good footballers
Jesus Christ chose His apostles to do as He commands, not as they desire to do for themselves which is what your pastors and mogs have done with their ministries, turning it into some sort of career choice for that matter. undecided

My friend, Jesus Christ didn't call anyone as footballers are called. So abandon that faulty analogy you have there before it is too late. undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
1. the Apostles/Disciples in the Bible were they the only believers during the time of Jesus and early days of Christianity?
2. Why is it that only these few were the ones that propagates the gospel full time?
3. The disciples that followed Christ for full time propagations of the gospel, were they the only ones that believe in Jesus during his earthly ministration?
4. Why is it that others were not mentioned nor propagates the gospel full times like others?
1. No
2. Where did you get this idea that they propagated the gospel full-time? undecided
3. Fulltime? What do you mean by full-time?
4. Who told you these tales by moonlight you lot spew abeg? How many actual days of, for example, Peter's life can you draw from the accounts in the book of Acts or the accounts found in his letters, for you to conclude that what you refer to as propagating was all Peter did "fulltime"? Are you making a terrible assumption here of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Lawale7(m): 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This is not an opinion but a fact based on the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ Himself. Jesus Christ never instituted division of labor among His followers in the sense that you pretend. He gave the same work to each and every one of His followers and told them that they are all of them equals and expected to accomplish the tasks contained in the agreement as individuals. So, think carefully about it. undecided

Imagine there are 100 commandments in total and I am required by Jesus Christ to meet a certain quota by obeying each of the 100 commandments that were given to me in the agreement that I entered into with Jesus Christ. Now, If I, as a servant decided to instead focus on some tasks while I relegate some of my duties to others who are supposedly in the flock of Jesus Christ, by what method do I still meet the quota on all 100 commandments as expected of me as a follower of Jesus Christ? undecided

Jesus Christ never explained such a situation being possible for any of His followers. His teachings are clear that each servant will be expected to meet the quota for all the work given and the work given is pretty much the same to all of His servants, He explained via parables and in clear speech - everyone is expected to do the work that He did and more. So where do your so-called church leaders get that idea that some are this and some are that from? undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
awakmfon03:
You may be wrong on this, let's take for instance, in school not all students will be teachers at the end. Some become doctors, engineer, pilot etc but all went to the same high school and probably taught by the same teachers. The same is in ministry, Some are actually called to lead others through knowledge and passion. And it doesn't mean others are not called to different functions and departments but non is inferior to other
This is a case of faulty analogy here undecided

The System set up by Jesus Christ in the Kingdom of God is nothing like that found in your schools that you should think to compare it in any way. According to Jesus Christ, He alone is Teacher, Shepherd, Master/Head, Leader, Helper, etc. over all those who belong to Him and so your pastors and mogs are not of Him, to begin with. All those who belong to Him are called equals and given the same tasks to accomplish. In order to do so, He gave His very own Spirit to each and everyone who in fact does as He commands, so they can go out and serve as His body on earth. Meaning each one is sufficiently equipped to do the work that Jesus Christ has commanded. undecided

So please go back and read the Gospels so you learn the truth of God from the lies you have been fed about Him. undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
IrepChrist:
And it will be well with you.
Jesus loves you you.
This is another statement that is a lie! undecided

According to Jesus Christ, His Love is reserved for those who obey His commandments - John 15 vs 9 - 11. Nowhere in the Gospels is Jesus Christ written to have declared love for all individuals. undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
JOSHUAsalami:
You are know to pervert the ways of God . You stand against every counsel that does not Proceed from your organization. You guys find pleasure in discrediting the church of Christ because of him who is in you . But you should know that the verdict of heaven is that the gate of hell will not prevail against the church .

Repent from this evil and turn to God .
Typical indoctrinated Christian reasoning... offering up ad hominem instead of a reasonable rebuttal to what is stated. Jesus Christ clearly said the blind will fall into the same ditch that their blind masters do... so continue! undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Ayomiposi001: 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
@OP, Kindly give me a Bible chapter and verse that supports your write up. Galatians 6 vs 7 says, do not be deceived, God is not mocked. Whatever a man sows, that he will reap.
Please, i need answers to this questions, since you have been called to start up a 'church'.

1. How many Church do we have in the Bible?

2. Why do we have many Churches today that are teaching different things of different origin and all claiming they are from God?

3. Is God an author of confusion?

4. Was Christ divided?

5. Does it mean God is Silent about ways we should worship Him?

6. If Christ prayed for Unity in John 17vs11, 21, How then can God instruct you to start up a church?

These questions needs answers, and i will be glad to get the answers in line with the Bible. Thank you even as i look forward to your response Sir.
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
FreeTHINKER98:
As much as I'd want to agree with you, there is just one question I need you to shed more light on. When Jesus Christ started his ministry fully, he singlehandedly selected his disciples (Chosen). Even though as stated above "we are all mandated for one mission", why did Christ 'SELECTED' a circle of individuals to work with?
Jesus Christ is the Master in the Kingdom of God and those He called are His servants. And you are called to serve as His servant, not as a servant to someone else and certainly not as a master to anyone else. And no, you are not called to select for yourself servants since there is only one master in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
Total rubbish! God can lick my bum, God doesn't exist.
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2022
TenQ:

Does God call people into full time ministries! I believe that God has called EVERY Christian. Your calling is defined by your spiritual gifts and talents.
The very same gifts/authorities was given by Jesus Christ to all of His followers - Mark 16 vs 15 - 19. undecided

All are called to do the same job and with the same Helper and power. undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
backnbeta:

Not right sir- we are all called into the assignment of propagating the gospel; just that not all will serve in the house of God as pastors. The command to witness is given to all followers of Christ.
The House of God was destroyed by God in Jerusalem almost 2000 years ago. Your pastors and their monuments are nothing to do with God but are attempts by men to seize control of that which pertains to God and the things of God. undecided
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by IrepChrist: 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The very same gifts/authorities was given by Jesus Christ to all of His followers - Mark 16 vs 15 - 19. undecided

All are called to do the same job and with the same Helper and power. undecided

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” If there is a verse that can sum up the message of the gospel, a verse that can show the simplicity and complexity of God's love for us, Romans: 5:8

then what do have to say to this?
Re: Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry by theamazonguru(m): 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
H

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. / Evangelist Dapo Soyemi: Woman Wearing Trousers Will Not Make Heaven

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.