Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,873 members, 7,927,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 05:21 PM

American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) (1369 Views)

Woman Raped And Shot By Armed Robbers Narrates Her Experience (Photos) / Dubai Porta Potty: Another Lady Shares Her Very Nasty Encounter / "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by Bvlgari: 2:57am On Oct 30, 2022
American based Nigerian lady shares her experience with the police in Nigeria.

It ended very well, though it was very tensed up in the beginning.

Watch till the end smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JryeGFSZYf8

1 Share

Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by gaby(m): 3:06am On Oct 30, 2022
As you "was" leaving to....?

All these una ebonics na wa...
Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 30, 2022
kiss
Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by Jakumo(m): 6:04am On Oct 30, 2022
gaby:
As you "was" leaving to....?

All these una ebonics na wa...

Black Americans massacre the English language to the point where they are the ONLY ones who comprehend the dialect. I hate that dumb and rhetarded way of talking in secret codes with a passion. If they hate the English language so much as to try and create their own unintelligible version of the language, surely it would be better to invest in Yoruba or Swahili lessons, to demonstrate their "African" cultural heritage.

No wonder black Americans get sidelined in the professional world, and so often thus wind up as drug dealers and street thugs. They simply REFUSE to assimilate into civilized society with their idiotic Ebonics dialect understood by nobody but their fellow drug-dealing ghetto dwellers. Bunch of phucking losers. Always angry. Always cussing. Always stealing. Never bothering to get an education despite it being free at the high school level in the USA. Chit. I could go on for a while.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by 9182736455O1999(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2022
Jakumo:

Black Americans massacre the English language to the point where they are the ONLY ones who comprehend the dialect. I hate that dumb and rhetarded way of talking in secret codes with a passion. If they hate the English language so much as to try and create their own unintelligible version of the language, surely it would be better to invest in Yoruba or Swahili lessons, to demonstrate their "African" cultural heritage.

No wonder black Americans get sidelined in the professional world, and so often thus wind up as drug dealers and street thugs. They simply REFUSE to assimilate into civilized society with their idiotic Ebonics dialect understood by nobody but their fellow drug-dealing ghetto dwellers. Bunch of phucking losers. Always angry. Always cussing. Always stealing. Never bothering to get an education despite it being free at the high school level in the USA. Chit. I could go on for a while.
You were almost sounding like them, if you continued.

2 Likes

Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by DeepSight(m): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2022
Jakumo:

This is regrettably simplistic, Sir 'Kumo. . . . in my humble view.
Multiple historical and socio-economic factors are ranged against much of black America in such a way that one cannot simply attribute the condition of that demographic to "simple refusal to be assimilated into civilized society" to paraphrase you.
Critical Race Theory speaks to this.

1 Like

Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by jesmond3945: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2022
Jakumo:

what of pidgin english? Have you heard the irish speak or the scottish? Have you a geordie speak? This is an english man. You are clearly self hating guy.
Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by gaby(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2022
Jakumo:

Jakumooooo

It's been ages...

As per your submission above, I once held this same prejudice and belief until I started learning about their history from the slave trade era to this very present day and boy....

These our brothers and sisters went through and still going through a systemic hell even in today's America.

Virtually all odds are stacked up high against them in every single way possible.

Imagine a people beat down so badly and treated as shiiit. It gets hard to live above that feeling of being treated and seen as a perpetual second-class human either by implication or outright in your face kinda display.

I empathise so very much with them and pray they are able to break the "chains" still hanging on their necks and passed on from one generation to another.

Most of us won't understand their plight of course, because we were never in their shoes to feel the pinch or get to understand a bit of their history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by Mercury12(m): 9:49am On Oct 30, 2022
Jakumo:

Lol so true...

They be like
"I finna go do it" "where they do that at" lol you tripping and many other jargons I can't remember again cheesy
No wonder someone can say you speak like black just because how African american murder the English language...
I want to believe our pidgin English is a language on its own..
Even if you understand English you still won't understand pidgin except one learns it

1 Like

Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by Jakumo(m): 10:02am On Oct 30, 2022
jesmond3945:
what of pidgin english? Have you heard the irish speak or the scottish? Have you a geordie speak? This is an english man. You are clearly self hating guy.

There is a place and time to use pidgin English, in which I happen to be fluent. When among educated Nigerians or people from countries other than Nigeria, I employ the English language using formal phraseology that would be comprehended by any educated English speaker.

When I am on the road in Nigeria and encounter police or military men, I no dey waste time to begin nack broken when all soja and police go fiti dey hear well-well. Police and soja no dey take eye see Grammar Man, because nobody like yanga man when too dey copy how oyibo dem dey talk.

I tailor my language to the situation, geographical area, and social setting. Certainly, the statistically small college-educated demographic of black America is equally capable of switching with ease between formal corporate English diction in the office, and the jive-talking ghetto lingo when off duty or among friends from back in the 'hood. The MAJORITY of black Americans who did NOT bother with acquiring formal education, however, wind up with the capability to communicate ONLY in that garbled, mumbled, cussword-laden ghetto slang that they ALONE understand.

To compound their isolation from mainstream American society, the nation's teeming street 'coons name their hordes of broken-home spawn with THE most tongue-twisting and profoundly moronic names ever to stain a birth certificate anywhere. When a person resides in an English-speaking country and carries around the avoidable burden of having been named at birth "LaQuintawystalia" or some equally unpronounceable made-up mouthful, that unfortunate victim is bound to wind up sidelined from numerous career opportunities that would be readily available to anyone who looks identical from a racial standpoint, but goes by the name "Mike" or "Dave".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by pheelhip(m): 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2022
I can stop laughing aswear
Nigeria police dey always amaze meeee grin

This video is hell funny! Whaoooo cheesy
Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
Government Approved Robbers.
Re: American Based Nigerian Lady Shares Her Experience With The Nigerian Police(vid) by jesmond3945: 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2022
Jakumo:

There is a place and time to use pidgin English, in which I happen to be fluent. When among educated Nigerians or people from countries other than Nigeria, I employ the English language using formal phraseology that would be comprehended by any educated English speaker.

When I am on the road in Nigeria and encounter police or military men, I no dey waste time to begin nack broken when all soja and police go fiti dey hear well-well. Police and soja no dey take eye see Grammar Man, because nobody like yanga man when dey copy how oyibo dey talk.

I tailor my language to the situation, geographical area, and social setting. Certainly, the statistically small college-educated demographic of black America is equally capable of switching with ease between formal corporate English diction in the office, and the jive-talking ghetto lingo when off duty or among friends from back in the 'hood. The MAJORITY of black Americans who did NOT bother with acquiring formal education, however, wind up with the capability to communicate ONLY in that garbled, mumbled, cussword-laden ghetto slang that they ALONE understand.

To compound their isolation from mainstream American society, the nation's teeming street 'coons name their hordes of broken-home spawn with THE most tongue-twisting and profoundly moronic names ever to stain a birth certificate anywhere. When a person resides in an English-speaking country and carries around the avoidable burden of having been named at birth "LaQuintawystalia" or some equally unpronounceable made-up mouthful, that unfortunate victim is bound to wind up sidelined from numerous career opportunities that would be readily available to anyone who looks identical from a racial standpoint, but goes by the name "Mike" or "Dave".
okay. Even in office setting white english geordies or magpies speak mumbo jumbo english that you would never understand and they wont even care to explain it to you. You must learn it by force. These are the owners of the language you hold to heart. The language you think unlocks opportunity. You must understand that ebonics is the culture of blacks just like hip hop is their culture as well and their way of dressing. For your info the culture has spread globally. White people now dress like blacks and sing their music. The only thing they dont do is speak ebonics. That white coporate america doesnt want to offer black people opportunities because of ebonics is their own undoing and they will continue to pay the price. Have you even been to deep country america and how they speak? You wont even understand one thing. So cut your brothers and sisters a slack dude.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Man Stabbed To Death In Ebonyi State By His In-law After He Married Second Wife / Missing Person - If You Come Across Her Pls Report / Single Mother Caught Hiding Alcohol She Stole Inside Her Pants [see Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.