Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:35 AM

My Portion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Portion. (127 Views)

What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? / "Thou Art My Portion, O Lord." / Explosive Breakthrough That's My Portion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Portion. by AbundantLife05: 6:12am On Oct 30, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
MY PORTION. Luke 15:11-12
And he said, A certain man had two sons: [12]And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. (KJV)

Portion means a part or section of something. It could also refer to a fortune. Going by this, we can say that a portion is one’s inheritance. The design of God is for us to be with him forever. The presence of God is the portion of his children. What his children are entitled to is the joy of being in his presence by living forever. Ps.16.11 You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. (NLT)

The boy in our text asked for his portion and the result is that he squandered it on irrelevant things. You see, when you are in the presence of God, you are safe because all of your actions will be guided by God through his Spirit that lives in us. The leading of the Holy Spirit makes us live the way God wants us to live with the ultimate result of eternal life. Jude.1.24 And now, all glory to God, who is able to keep you from stumbling, and who will bring you into his glorious presence innocent of sin and with great joy. (NLT)
However, if we live outside God, our portion is no longer life but death. Matthew 24:48-51: But what if the servant is evil and thinks, ‘My master won’t be back for a while,’ [49]and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk? [50]The master will return unannounced and unexpected, [51]and he will cut the servant to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. NLT.

If you are yet to give your life to Christ or you are careless by living as you like even after you have given your life to him, I implore you to repent and come to him in order to enjoy your portion of life in him. If you are ready to do so, say this prayer wholeheartedly; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and I will be your witness till the end. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.
God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MFM Daily Devotional November 1 2022 / What Is The Mystery Of Iniquity? / Support The Motherlesshome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.