Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,234 members, 7,884,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 08:24 AM

Is A Blackberry Better? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is A Blackberry Better? (12822 Views)

Do You Own A Blackberry Passport? Tell Us Why You Love It! / Win A Blackberry Q10 For Only Downloading Or Updating Opera Mini / How Much Is A Blackberry Bold 2 At Slot Presently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by lakefist(m): 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2011
to me bb is 4 ladies cos dey like to gossip and 4 guys dat use it especially student only have it to catch more ladies to ping and possibly woo dem.i believe bb shud b 4 serious minded biz people,marketer etc to get intouch wit deir clients but 4 a student who doesnt av any stream of income its just madness.back to biz of d day if u an IT person go for andriods or symbian cos wit dis two u dont nid a computer system.symbian has over 200 applications and andriods too,
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by binbass(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2011
l dey enjoy my samsung galazy ace to the fullest, Android bad gan.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by hustla(m): 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2011
da student:

Anyone who says iphones are crap,well, errm, The person probably can't afford one.Although,truthfully,if it aint a droid or ios device,i am not interested.

Samsung galaxy s2 is light years ahead of any blackberry device and the first real android phone that matches the power of the iphone.Lets face it,the iphone might have less specs than other phones out there but it just works.It's the only truly liquid type touch screen that works seamlessly without whahala.

Besides,if you don't have an iphone,You don't have an iphone.

dis guy don tok errthing, gbam!!

iPhone/Android isit,
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by joanana(f): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
Symbian is sinking OS. Please do not waste your money on Nokia E7, its the same with my Nokia E72. all Symbian crap. Except better camera. that's all.

Android is da bomb!! wink

@ OP go get a Samsung Galaxy S2!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
To be sincere BB is a very good mobile phone!!!
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by sulakishop(m): 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
Who says nokia e7/e72 is a crap? Abeg, the person should go and hug a live transformer!
There's nothing as good as Nokia with the great unbeatable symbian OS. If it is not a Nokia, it can never be like nokia lae lae! (Remember, if no be panadol, e no go fit work like panadol lae lae walahi eziokwu!)
My Nokia E72-1; with a great batterry life, it's as fast as lightening speed, moderately adorable camera, unbeatable flexibility features, great adaptability features, unlimited and unmatchable dynamism, just to mention but a few!
Android is another great OS, it's fast, dynamic and very smart too. At least I have used the sony erricsson xperia x8 with android and it proves good.
Blackberry is just a crap meant to be an ordinary fruit. All its life is locked to the BIS systematic extortion/slavery.
Whoeva that wants great functionality in a fone should embraze a Nokia E or N machine so as to have the world in your pocket.
As per the poster, get a powerful samsung, you wont regret it but never a blackberry crap thing!
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Thespecialone(m): 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2011
If you ever complain about a ‎‎​lack ‎‎​erry, then it is very obvious is was never meant for someone like you.

Millions of us who use it worldwide appreciate it's numerous benefits. One platform can't work for everyone so settle down and think and find out what 0S and device suits your needs.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by aca77: 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2011
I'm currently torn between the Nokia N8 and Blackberry Torch. I've been confused all week as per which one to buy. The N8 obviously has far more features than the blackberry torch can ever dream of (e.g. Scratch resistant "Gorilla" touchscreen, TV-out, FM transmitter, 12mp camera, USB on the go <not ordinary micro usb oh>, etc etc), but then I feel left out in the pinging craze since most of my friends and 'toastee babes' use BBs. And since BB Torch is probably the best BB and with touchscreen, I am not sure whether to go for it or settle for the outstanding but 'pingless' Nokia N8 - and they're both roughly the same price range although the BB torch is slightly more expensive for reasons I dont know. I need help before I go insane here!
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by AjanleKoko: 8:12am On Aug 27, 2011
aca77:

I'm currently torn between the Nokia N8 and Blackberry Torch. I've been confused all week as per which one to buy. The N8 obviously has far more features than the blackberry torch can ever dream of (e.g. Scratch resistant "Gorilla" touchscreen, TV-out, FM transmitter, 12mp camera, USB on the go <not ordinary micro usb oh>, etc etc), but then I feel left out in the pinging craze since most of my friends and 'toastee babes' use BBs. And since BB Torch is probably the best BB and with touchscreen, I am not sure whether to go for it or settle for the outstanding but 'pingless' Nokia N8 - and they're both roughly the same price range although the BB torch is slightly more expensive for reasons I dont know. I need help before I go insane here!

Free the Torch.
It hangs like no other. Not really a big fan of Nokia myself, but the BB Torch is not the way to go.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by benzion72(m): 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2011
@ Ajanlekoko there is a solution Buy your Nokia there is a software called Blackberry connect that you can use called Blackberry conect http://us.blackberry.com/ataglance/connect/
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by texazzpete(m): 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2011
aca77:

If you're seriously considering buying a Torch when the next gen Blackberries are coming out, you need help grin

Jokes apart, there's no sense in buying an N8. That same price will fetch you a decent Android phone. If you really want a BB, WAIT! Get any of the new BBs coming out.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by ambyzown(m): 8:09am On Aug 31, 2011
benzion72:

@ Ajanlekoko there is a solution Buy your Nokia there is a software called Blackberry connect that you can use called Blackberry conect http://us.blackberry.com/ataglance/connect/

The Blackberry connect software has been available on the symbian platform since 2007 or earlier. It even came pre-installed on my SonyEricsson P1i running Symbian UIQ3. It only allows you access to push email, and does not support blackberry messenger.
The main allure of blackberry these days is the messaging feature, if a phone can't "PING" its useless to bb fans.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by seunpayne(m): 10:27am On Sep 03, 2011
Sometimes I wonder, BB? Please, there is a whole list of phones out there that would put BB 2 shame, no it is not better, not with the new I'os, Android OS, nokia's Z prototype, in short, take out the BBM and the fact that nig networks give unlimited internet access to only BB users and u have a stupid fone.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by bimbor(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2011
When will the new set of blackberry smartphones hit Naija??
Anybody have an idea of the price of the new Blackberry 9810?
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by whizcode: 10:51am On Sep 04, 2011
[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by bimbor(m): 10:52am On Sep 04, 2011
@Whizcode what did u write above?
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Akainzo(m): 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2011
ambyzown:

@Akainzo: I guess I was wrong about some of my assertions of the bb os.
Yes the recently announced Torch 9810 supports 4g
Yes it also supports HD video recording (@720p which SE achieved three years ago on their mid range Vivaz phone)
Yes it does Skype (but how do u make video calls without a forward facing camera?)
However I couldn't find any application that's does automobile fault scanning on the bb platform.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate bbs but simply prefer Android becos of the open source platform. I'm currently overclocking my 1ghz processor at 1.3ghz which makes my ageing Samsung GT already faster than the yet to released bold touch.
Blackberries are built with quality in mind, so they are good, but so are samsungs and htc.
Bottom line, its all about individual preferences. For now I'm sold on Android, having used the following.
Blackberry Storm (BBOS)
Nokia N97mini (Symbian)
SonyEricsson Xperia X1 (Winmo 6.1)
iphone 3gs (IOS)
Samsung GT P1000 (Android 2.3)

My guy, on the SE doing 720p 3 years go, that definitely aint true! I've used every single SE Smartphone ever made till SE embraced Android. So I'd know.
On the car fault, what you haven't seen is an app for EBDII decoding, I don't need it and thus having searchjed for it. However, I can only say that whatever app you have is for getting the translation of EBDII codes and not actually EBDII decoding as no phone has the required connector. For this, google is a good solution.

Hmmm, you definitely aint gonna overclock a phone CPU, that is just some random bullshit. Also, note that a performance of a phone is not entirely dependent on its CPU speed, other factors like bloatware, tuning and OS would play a major part in it.

BTW, Skype is mainly for voice calls, the video call is an added functionality.

You however still haven't told me what the Android phone does that I BB cannot do! But if the Samsung rocks your world, just stick to saying its a personal choice and not that it is backward.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Akainzo(m): 10:53pm On Sep 04, 2011
sulakishop:

Who says nokia e7/e72 is a crap? Abeg, the person should go and hug a live transformer!
There's nothing as good as Nokia with the great unbeatable symbian OS. If it is not a Nokia, it can never be like nokia lae lae! (Remember, if no be panadol, e no go fit work like panadol lae lae walahi eziokwu!)
My Nokia E72-1; with a great batterry life, it's as fast as lightening speed, moderately adorable camera, unbeatable flexibility features, great adaptability features, unlimited and unmatchable dynamism, just to mention but a few!
Android is another great OS, it's fast, dynamic and very smart too. At least I have used the sony erricsson xperia x8 with android and it proves good.
Blackberry is just a crap meant to be an ordinary fruit. All its life is locked to the BIS systematic extortion/slavery.
Whoeva that wants great functionality in a fone should embraze a Nokia E or N machine so as to have the world in your pocket.
As per the poster, get a powerful samsung, you wont regret it but never a blackberry crap thing!

And what are the great things you do with the Nokia E or N machines that the BB doesn't do?

FYI, the productive world in your pocket is a BB. Now most of you confuse comparing a BB Curve to an E or N0series Nokia, that is like comparing the curve to the Nokia 3310, they aint equals. Compare the Nokia E/N to the Torch 9800 and then come back to post your results.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Akainzo(m): 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2011
seunpayne:

Sometimes I wonder, BB? Please, there is a whole list of phones out there that would put BB 2 shame, no it is not better, not with the new I'os, Android OS, nokia's Z prototype, in short, take out the BBM and the fact that nig networks give unlimited internet access to only BB users and u have a silly fone.

Which of the new IOS are you gonna compare to the BB flagship to? You wanna compare the I4 to the 9800 ir you wanna compare it to Bold 9900?

Taking out the BBM and BIS connectivity from the BB is like taking away the Apple appstore from the i4, the i$ becomes just a flash disk. However, I am more inclined to compare them when you have the full experience bundled on the two phones, then you would see the clear leader in productivity is the BB. As a multimedia system, the Torch 9800 even beats out the i4, so other than the overblown issues of millions of apps (for which an average person has 10) then there aint nothing more.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by kandiikane(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2011
I am still deciding whether to get Blackberry(almost all my friends have it, will be easier to contact them) and he HTC Desire HD(this phone is off the hook, it's android, it's HD, great camera, and if you lose it you can go to their website and make it ring or find out whose pocket it's in or whose house). .

Ahh, but I know I will end up with a blackberry undecided and possibly get it, next year,
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by magnetx(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2011
Blackberry, status symbol for d rich n mighty. Pls, let's be real here and go thru a very detailed comparison here. Lets say between the blackberry smartphone n d Nokia E5. Instant Messaging a.k.a. Pinging is via BBMessenger. Nokia has its own version called Ovi Chat which exclusive to Nokia fones. Is it Word on d go? Nokia support Microsoft Office 2010 version(Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Nokia has its own PDF reader by Adobe. As far as i'm concerned, a Nokia will b Nokia; a BB remains a BB. But a smartphone remains wat it is: a smartfone. Nokia remains one of the most durable mobile fones till date. So all BB users, before u shove ur BB's in ma face, go do ur research cos i can personally boast dat my E5 is way better than all y'all BB fones. Holla @ me
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by magnetx(m): 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2011
For my peeps using other fones a.k.a. Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericcson, HTC etc, dnt worry, if my Nokia E5 turned heads up till now, why cant urs? Abeg BB is so OOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDD skul nw in d US dat they ship the old stock to 9ja n we buy it gladly, its sad. As for me: NOKIA ALL D WAY!!!!!!
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by texazzpete(m): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2011
Akainzo:

Which of the new IOS are you gonna compare to the BB flagship to? You wanna compare the I4 to the 9800 ir you wanna compare it to Bold 9900?

Taking out the BBM and BIS connectivity from the BB is like taking away the Apple appstore from the i4, the i$ becomes just a flash disk. However, I am more inclined to compare them when you have the full experience bundled on the two phones, then you would see the clear leader in productivity is the BB. As a multimedia system, the Torch 9800 even beats out the i4, so other than the overblown issues of millions of apps (for which an average person has 10) then there aint nothing more.

Abeg, that abomination called the Torch 9800 is in no way comparable to the iPhone 3GS, not to talk of the iPhone 4. The Torch hardware was dated even when it was being announced. A 480 x 360 resolution phone in 2010? With a decaying 600 Mhz processor, no 3D graphics hardware and a smaller screen and you're comparing it to the iPhone 4?

iOS 3 on the 3GS was 100x more fluid and responsible than the laggy mess on the Torch 9800.

As a 'productivity device', you BB fans don't just get it. I wouldn't mind getting my emails 30 seconds later on the iPhone 4 than on the Torch when it means I have access to at least 4 different office suites on the AppStore that you can't get on the BB platform.

Disclaimer: I have a Bold 9780, so I know what I'm talking about there. the only decent Blackberries are the new OS7 devices. All the rest are shitty.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by PokutenSunday(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2011
HBD to u, LLNP. cheesy
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by kandiikane(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2011
I got the blackberry bold 9900 and for the first week it was awesome but then it started slowing down, Out of the blue a little black box will come with a little timer going round and round for like 15mins even I just move the tracker undecided, Battery life is shite, With all of its issues, I am very clumsy with phones always dropping them and I have dropped this phone on hard concrete so many times and its still going strong although I do have a tiny crack (hardly visible) on the top of the screen. All in all no regrets with the phone just need to get insurance for it.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by dandollar1: 11:09am On Dec 21, 2011
Please,where can I get an original blackberry battery in lagos?
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 22, 2011
blackberry is cool for peeps that know what to do with it,unlike some that do only facebook and bbm, thats ish, i get all these and much more on my nokia e5, its hacked with lots of apps, if u really want to know the winner btw bb and nokia, show off ur apps, mine: jbaktaskmanager,joikuspot(premium cracked), fieldtest, ion battery meter, x_plore, light control, slick messenger, m. guard, wmouse XP, gravity, camera FX, core player, screen snap, ttpod with lyrics, and much more,
lets see what bb's gat,
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by victorhall77: 9:47am On Apr 11, 2012
Blackberry is always better than other mobiles.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by walcolm(m): 11:53am On Apr 11, 2012
charity00: Found a Samsung overseas, unlocked quad band. Not for business really just for calls, Internet and Facebook. Friend insist the blackberry has "special features" for Internet, Yahoo, and Facebook that a Samsung doesn't have.

I think the only "special feature" it has is that the blackberry is a status symbol that you can show off to your friends.

Who's right?

no smartphone is 'better' than another smartphone....its all just a matter of individual need. if you are clear in your mind what you need a smartphone for, find a smartphone that will provide you those features you are interested in.

if you want to 'feel among' and you determine that blackberry is what will make you feel like that, by all means get a blackberry

no smartphone does everything everyone needs...always remember that
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by walcolm(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2012
kandiikane: I got the blackberry bold 9900 and for the first week it was awesome but then it started slowing down, Out of the blue a little black box will come with a little timer going round and round for like 15mins even I just move the tracker undecided, Battery life is shite, With all of its issues, I am very clumsy with phones always dropping them and I have dropped this phone on hard concrete so many times and its still going strong although I do have a tiny crack (hardly visible) on the top of the screen. All in all no regrets with the phone just need to get insurance for it.

the first thing you need to do is learn to use a BB...it comes with a manual you know plus this website is full of threads with a Blackberry theme and you can ask questions

BBs need to be 'reset' occasionally by pulling out the battery, waiting for 10-15secs and putting the battery back in

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others / Mtn Tariff Plans / ZUS Review: This is the First Ever SMART Car Charger Made For Your Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.