Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,089 members, 7,887,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) (487 Views)

Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty / See The Aerial Views Of Yaba And Its Environs - Photos / Beautiful Aerial Views Of Port-Harcourt Road Networks (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
Newly built award-winning Johannesburg metropolitan council building which serves as a parliament for the City of Johannesburg.

1 Share

Re: Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2022

Re: Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by Eriokanmi: 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
Amazing!

1 Like

Re: Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2022

Re: Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by Eriokanmi: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
In a particular state in Nigeria, that project would gulp 3 tines the actual cost grin. All these nonsense will stop very soon. We're taking our fight to the polls. No time for name-calling anymore
Re: Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by Karlovych: 4:37pm On Oct 31, 2022
embarassed The so-called builder of Lagos needs to come and see what a city council in a mega city looks like and not the rotten, desolate caricature he allegedly keeps building in his state.

I mentioned no one's name before his urchins start barking.

1 Like

Re: Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by Sasi54: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
una sure say no b de small version of UN headquarters for new York b dat

1 Like

Re: Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
International Award-winning Council Building

The iconic new Johannesburg city council chamber building in Braamfontein has just won an international award.

The building‚ owned by the City of Joburg Property Company‚ won the public services development category in the early hours on Tuesday morning at the International Property Awards held in London.

The circular speaker’s council chamber adjacent to the city’s Metro Centre‚ a spectacular addition finished earlier this year‚ was the only nominee from Africa. It won for its world-class architectural innovation.

Officially handed over in April and opened in May‚ the R280-million glass envelope enables an uninterrupted visual link between the indoor and surrounding outdoor spaces. This allows the outside world to have a visual connection with the building’s occupants‚ which is symbolic of a constant dialogue between the public and municipal officials.

The inside of the chamber has been designed in such a way that it provides seating capacity for 363 councillors‚ with 172 seats in the gallery for the public and media – 80 seats more than are currently required‚ in order to cater for future expansion.

The state-of-the-art audiovisual and delegate system is fully programmable‚ and completely customised to be updated in line with any future changes in the way that the chamber operates.

The building was designed in the form of a transparent drum or calabash – a cylindrical structure enveloped entirely by a glass façade‚ with vertical glass fins covering the curved outer skin of the building.

Re: Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2022
Joburg City Council changes colours when lit up

Re: Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sasi54:
una sure say no b de small version of UN headquarters for new York b dat

Clearly when SA leaders travel the world they bring back a little of what they appreciated overseas, with a twist of Africa.
Re: Secretariat Challenge: Aerial Views of Johannesburg Metro Council (PICS) by kenny714433(m): 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
shocked

Nawa o, SA is really developing at a faster pace. I look at their cities and shake my head for Nigeria.

See city na, well paved roads with clean streets and houses.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Nairalander To Receive An Award On Behalf Of My Company In Brussels / Please Help Me , I Want A House In La9os / Ibadan Bound Plane Makes Terrible Noise In Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.