Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,957 members, 7,879,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:17 AM

Why Nollywood Producers Should Learn From Hollywood Producers. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Nollywood Producers Should Learn From Hollywood Producers. (393 Views)

BBNaija Shine Ya Eye: 10 Life Lessons To Learn From The Season 6 / Bbnaija: Things To Learn From Tacha’s Disqualification / Producers Should Guide And Direct Their Artistes While Recording @doublesixbeats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nollywood Producers Should Learn From Hollywood Producers. by achimendy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good evening nairalanders, there's this arguement I've been having with some people lately about Nigeria movies and American movies. Sometimes when I tell some people that I dont watch Nigerian movies only American movies, they tend to look at me with a frowning face, like you're a Nigerian and you don't patronize your own thing instead you focus on American movies.
My point here is that, is not as if I hate Nigerian movies, but I feel their producers needs to do more. They don't produce good/inspiring movies, you can tell that from the storyline, to their poor video coverage down to the ending part of their movies, that's where I always have issues with them, they hardly end their movies well. You can know how their movie will end from the beginning part of it. Although I know our govt is not helping at all, especially when it comes to good environment to shoot movies, and also financial support to get good production equipment for our movies industry. But govt has no part in writing the storyline of a movie, it has to do with the producers themselves.

The reason why am so addicted to American movies is because those guys produce good and inspiring movies , movies that you can learn from as a person that want to achieve success. Though is not all their movies, but majority of their movies are good, ranging from intelligence, comedy, love, science,biographies etc. It's really inspiring. You hardly see biography movies been produced in nollywood, I dont want to mention others because I know we dont have the wherewithal to produce it. Like science and crime. Nollywood producers are not smart enough to come up with such ideas, they're too primitive in their production.

So my point here is that, patronizing Nigerian movies as a Nigerian is not the main thing for me, but producing good/ inspiring movies is what I crave for, and that's what Hollywood producers give to me. Watch movies like the founder( the success story of the owner of McDonald's fried chicken), the hidden figures ( the story of the black woman that gave the formula NASA used in moving to space). Very inspiring movies and you can learn from them . But our nollywood producers can't do that. Is not as if they're no great men here in Nigeria or Africa we can put their success story into acting ,or great happenings we can also put into acting too, but our dumb producers wont do that, they're contented with their local way of acting.

Although lately they're trying, I noticed they call foreign producers like Netflix to produce some of their movies, so I can see changes, like lion heart movie, blood sisters, but it didn't end well, and also this otedola's daughter university movie, I can't remember the name. I really commend them for that one. But our producers need to do more, they can get storyline from different areas of life , is just for them to stretch themselves and push further, with time our movie pattern will change.

Is just my opinion though.
What do you think nairalanders
Re: Why Nollywood Producers Should Learn From Hollywood Producers. by Seunwere: 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nairaland just dey ban people like a dictator without no reason. Let member know why u ban dem. How do u correct people wen dey don't even know wat happen. Create window for members to apologise lf dey can or go ahead wit d ban if dey don't feel remorseful make una no dey act like abacha.. Omo no better person for dis country give dem power u go see dere true color. Take action and correct dis abnormality. Rubbish
Re: Why Nollywood Producers Should Learn From Hollywood Producers. by achimendy(m): 12:01am On Nov 01, 2022
Seunwere:
Nairaland just dey ban people like a dictator without no reason. Let member know why u ban dem. How do u correct people wen dey don't even know wat happen. Create window for members to apologise lf dey can or go ahead wit d ban if dey don't feel remorseful make una no dey act like abacha.. Omo no better person for dis country give dem power u go see dere true color. Take action and correct dis abnormality. Rubbish

Young man what is the problem ??

(1) (Reply)

NBC Breaks Multichoice Monopoly, Directs Sublicense Of Channels To Metro-digital / Tiktok Views / Man Jailed For Sexual Assault On Big Brother Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.