Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,222 members, 7,919,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:02 PM

I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist (1586 Views)

When I Became An Atheist. / Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
greetings nairalanders, i am from abia state born in a christain home, my dad is a devoted christain my mum is not left out, we are the type that have been dieing in faith and hoping for better days, but my problem is this, nature have not been fair to us, the more we struggle the more we lose the game, infact our enemies who are traditionalist have overpowered us, the are the ones reigning, the decide what happens in the family, this is not where my is, my biggest problem is that even though my dad have been killing and suffering himself to preach the gospel to the congregation nothing good have come out of it, he always spend all his money on one sickness or the other, my dad always jump from one problem or the other, we are suffering like people that have been deserted, infact i hate God, the fact that man father have sacrificed all his effort to worship him and he is receiving evil at the end, i regret being a Christian, i think is time to leave religion, my father is a strong man but nothing is working all his struggle is in vain, i am 18 years old but doesn't know where to start, there's no money, not that my parents are not trying but we are just unlucky and since God can't help us is time to leave christainity
manage my English

1 Like

Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2022
Is God a Christian?
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
AstraDroid:
Is God a Christian?
i don't know i am leaving religion kpata kpata
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
chikishpilot:

What is God's business whether you leave Religions? Did God design any religion?

Only silly people leave learning skills of survival and focus on spiritual ignorance called Religions.

1 Like

Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by doggedfighter(f): 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
chikishpilot:

Wise decision !

Now you will have peace and less distractions.
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
AstraDroid:

What is God's business whether you leave Religions? Did God design any religion?

Only silly people leave learning skills of survival and focus on spiritual ignorance called Religions.
i don't even care about the God you are talking about
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
doggedfighter:

Wise decision !

Now you will have peace and less distractions.
as in eh person don see shege ontop this religion nonsense

1 Like

Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by vickyfrancis1(m): 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
The problem is you and your family... earthly problems= earthly solutions...

The country dy wreck havoc on average Nigerians. No be God dy do una... instead na too much prayers sef dy dull una...
Faith without work is dead according to Paul di nso...
Everything no be spiritual u hear?
If u see way, still Japa comot and see if life won't turn around for good.
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by doggedfighter(f): 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
chikishpilot:

as in eh person don see shege ontop this religion nonsense

Big nonsense grin

Always hoping and calling sky daddy grin

3 Likes

Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
vickyfrancis1:

The country dy wreck havoc on average Nigerians. No be God dy do una... instead na too much prayers sef dy dull una...
bro i know you can see where i said my dad have been spending money on sickness and other problems not that he is not working, i know Nigeria is bad generally but why should someone serving God be spending money on sickness?
is God not powerful to stop those sickness as they always proclaim him to be

1 Like

Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Wawelexy(m): 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2022
Even at 18? Wettin your eye don see? If your father can stick to God despite all those challenges, then how much more a boy of 18...

Boy, work hard and keep praying, nothing good comes easy, all you need have is patience... and don't let all these online atheist lead you astray, most of them are deacon/deaconess, alhaji/alhaja in their various church or mosque, but will be forming woke on nairaland.... don't be fooled...
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by kingreign(m): 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
chikishpilot:
greetings nairalanders, i am from abia state born in a christain home, my dad is a devoted christain my mum is not left out, we are the type that have been dieing in faith and hoping for better days, but my problem is this, nature have not been fair to us, the more we struggle the more we lose the game, infact our enemies who are traditionalist have overpowered us, the are the ones reigning, the decide what happens in the family, this is not where my is, my biggest problem is that even though my dad have been killing and suffering himself to preach the gospel to the congregation nothing good have come out of it, he always spend all his money on one sickness or the other, my dad always jump from one problem or the other, we are suffering like people that have been deserted, infact i hate God, the fact that man father have sacrificed all his effort to worship him and he is receiving evil at the end, i regret being a Christian, i think is time to leave religion, my father is a strong man but nothing is working all his struggle is in vain, i am 18 years old but doesn't know where to start, there's no money, not that my parents are not trying but we are just unlucky and since God can't help us is time to leave christainity
manage my English

That your dad is suffering and all isn’t working is not enough reason for GOD to be blamed.

“What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 (C)If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and (D)one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” (E)Show me your faith without [a]your works, (F)and I will show you my faith by [b]my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is [c]dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works (G)when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see (H)that faith was working together with his works, and by (I)works faith was made [d]perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, (J)“Abraham believed God, and it was [e]accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called (K)the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, (L)was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.“

James 2:14-26
New King James Version
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
doggedfighter:

Big nonsense grin

Always hoping and calling sky daddy grin
my eye just clear shocked
na we dey fool our selves

1 Like

Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2022
Wawelexy:
Even at 18? Wettin your eye don see? If your father can stick to God despite all those challenges, then how much more a boy of 18...

Boy, work hard and keep praying, nothing good comes easy, all you need have is patience... and don't let all these online atheist lead you astray, most of them are deacon/deaconess, alhaji/alhaja in their various church or mosque, but will be forming woke on nairaland.... don't be fooled...
see your head
my dad is tired, i know, he can't start shouting it, he is my father, and i have observed him for a while, do you expect him to cry
men my father is tired of the whole game
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
chikishpilot:

Religion is nothing but brainwash. God has never been a part of Religion. What God did was give to men His Law, Jesus Christ, but men chose to create Religion by twisting the Words of God in order that they can wield control over their fellow men. So, men like your father, are simply some of those who were deceived by Religion of men ending up indoctrination you all as a result. undecided

God is God of Law. He is faithful to His agreement , His Covenant and so will not act against it in anyway to benefit men as that would amount to bending the rules and causing Him to be unfaithful. If you truly want to know God, you need to go to Him yourself --- after all, the agreement that is Jesus Christ is meant to be one between God and the individual, no middle men such as your pastors and mogs. undecided
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
chikishpilot:

i don't even care about the God you are talking about
God doesn't care about your family and the generational laziness masqueraded as devotion.
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Religion is nothing but brainwash. God has never been a part of Religion. What God did was given men a Law, but men chose to create Religion by twisting the Words of God in order that they can wield control over their fellow men. So, men like your father, are simply some of those who were deceived by Religion of men ending up indoctrination you all as a result. undecided

God is God of Law. He is faithful to His agreement , His Covenant and so will not act against it in anyway to benefit men as that would amount to bending the rules and causing Him to be unfaithful. If you truly want to know God, you need to go to Him yourself --- after all, the agreement that is Jesus Christ is meant to be one between God and the individual, no middle men such as your pastors and mogs. undecided
just realized this shit is a pure scarm sad
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
vickyfrancis1:
These are nothing but ramblings born of religious delusions,I am afraid. undecided

God said He will provide for those who belong to Him and are of His Kingdom meaning that if you are not being provided for as God said, you are not of God. God's logic is really simple to comprehend. undecided
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2022
AstraDroid:
God doesn't care about your family and the generational laziness masqueraded as devotion.
stop defending him let Him do that himself

1 Like

Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Aemmyjah(m): 9:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
I'm really sorry for all you're facing
Who's immune to the anxieties of life today?
Whether you're a Christian or atheist or Muslim, we will all face problems so how does leaving God end it?
Atheism is not and never will be the answer
Pray to God, tell him about your feelings and beg him sincerely to help me clear your doubts
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
chikishpilot:

stop defending him let Him do that himself
You are hungry
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
chikishpilot:
greetings nairalanders, i am from abia state born in a christain home, my dad is a devoted christain my mum is not left out, we are the type that have been dieing in faith and hoping for better days, but my problem is this, nature have not been fair to us, the more we struggle the more we lose the game, infact our enemies who are traditionalist have overpowered us, the are the ones reigning, the decide what happens in the family, this is not where my is,
The statements in bold are another problem born of religion... the delusion that some are your enemies and so you are somehow meant to rule over them in battle. That is far from the Truth of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God is concerned. If you pay close attention to the actual teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, you will find that Jesus Christ instead commands that those who are His followers live peacefully with their "enemies", bending over backward to appease them where necessary. undecided

So you see, religion is antichrist in all its forms, and those who cling to it cannot enjoy that which is God because God is a faithful God and He will never lower His standard, Jesus Christ --- God's New Covenant Law and agreement in the Kingdom of God --- in order to appease men. undecided
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
Aemmyjah:
I'm really sorry for all you're facing
Who's immune to the anxieties of life today?
Whether you're a Christian or atheist or Muslim, we will all face problems so how does leaving God end it?
Atheism is not and never will be the answer
Pray to God, tell him about your feelings and beg him sincerely to help me clear your doubts
God says, "Obey me"! All the prayers in the world will not cause God to change His mind about His Law and mandate to men. undecided
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by FIDELIX09: 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
AstraDroid:
You are hungry

chikishpilot don't blame God for your predicament..
If Job in the Bible had done that,we won't be reading of him today...

Instead trying times is a time where God tests your faith and love in him...
Your parents who are even facing it head on did not complain

Breakthrough is on the way...

What if I had wanted to help you now nko?? But this statements have discouraged me
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 9:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
FIDELIX09:

What if I had wanted to help you now nko?? But this statements have discouraged me
help me? lol, even if you want to help me it has nothing to do with my write up, my decision will hardly be reversed, unless i see changes, cos we Don see shege
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
FIDELIX09:

seems you guys are getting this wrong
how many years of suffering
how many years of spending money to save life, sickness from 1 person to the other, where should i start lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Aemmyjah(m): 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God says, "Obey me"! All the prayers in the world will not cause God to change His mind about His Law and mandate to men. undecided

You're talking nonsense, pls shift.
His laws and commands are actually for our benefit. Here is one who seems down cos of problems he's facing and his faith is affected. Stop blowing hot
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
Aemmyjah:
1.You're talking nonsense, pls shift. His laws and commands are actually for our benefit.
2. Here is one who seems down cos of problems he's facing and his faith is affected. Stop blowing hot
Please the statement that His laws and commands are for your benefit.
2. Lying to help because he is experiencing what he is facing problems only worsens his situation, don't you see? It was the lies of men that brought him to this. How does continuing to lie to him help what you call "his faith"? His faith in what exactly - lies? undecided
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Aemmyjah(m): 10:07pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Please the statement that His laws and commands are for your benefit.
2. Lying to help because he is experiencing what he is facing problems only worsens his situation, don't you see? It was the lies of men that brought him to this. How does continuing to lie to him help what you call "his faith"? His faith in what exactly - lies? undecided
OK then
Your words only make sense to you
Kindly shift
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
Aemmyjah:

OK then
Your words only make sense to you
Kindly shift
That my words only make sense to me does not in any way render them invalid. Surely, you are not after popular opinion, generally lies, but the Truth of God alone, right? undecided

So Again... 1. Please the statement that His laws and commands are for your benefit.
Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by Honchoslim16(m): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2022
Face Reality and forget religion

1 Like

Re: I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist by chikishpilot: 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2022
Honchoslim16:
Face Reality and forget religion
that's what i am going to do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GCK Live In Lome, Togo: Abundant Life Through Christ / Did The Qur’an Copy The Bible’s Violence? / Too Many Rogue Pastors - With A Taste Of Luxury And Material Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.