Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,626 members, 7,914,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:15 AM

Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator (1258 Views)

Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator / Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 8:15am On Nov 01, 2022
Hi guys, as atheism are increasing, have you been asked to prove why you believe there's God. For one thing, we cannot see him and say, 'oh, there he is'. Yet, billions of people past and present acknowledge a belief in a Creator. Let us examine some simple ones

1. What is made has a Maker: You will surely agree with that. Everything small of great we use around us- needles, phones, chairs, vehicles all have a maker. Imagine walking through a Forest and seeing a coin or a toothpick, logically you know that someone must have dropped it there. Imagine going to the most isolated, remotest and uncivilized village where people do not put on clothes and in that village, you see a brand new Limousine. Now, everyone says they did not make it and did not know how it got there, you'll surely believe that the limousine was made by someone and was kept or dropped there by someone though you can't see or know such person. If this is true of human inventions, how much more our planetary systems, the atmosphere, vegetation, rotation of the earth, sunshine and rainfall, light and darkness, seasons, diversity of organisms? When you see yourself in a mirror, do you admire what you say? Likely yes, what you saw, do you belief you are a product of intelligent design or just chance or by accident? We have within us cells, tissues, organs and systems that work together to help us enjoy life. Who made them? Indeed, though we can't see God and will never see him with our naked eyes, there is countless proof of his existence from the things made. Scientists agree that everything in the natural world is a marvel of design, logically, every design must have a designer.

2. Law and Lawgiver: Let me ask a question. Have you ever come across traffic signs and asked yourself 'Who is responsible for all these traffic laws?' Likely, you have never met such ones but intelligent minds are behind those laws and you will agree with me that where there is a mind, there's a personality, we can't have a mind and not have a personality. Similarly, there are laws that govern the universe- laws of gravity, electromagnetism, strong and weak nuclear forces. The law of gravity is what guides the movement of the planetary bodies and affects us too. At night, the stars look scattered but that is not true. They are all well positioned and moving as if they were obeying traffic laws. Disobeying that law brings about collision and accident. If I may ask, who made those laws? Indeed, this is another proof of the existence of a Creator. Only a fool whose IQ is far lower than that of a baby goat would tell you that the billions of stars just made themselves and without any direction, formed the great star systems that move with such marvelous order.

3. Intelligence: We all have reasoning faculties. If my brain (the seat of intelligence) has no designer, I can trust it when making decisions but imperfections can make me make the wrong decision. For example, I can trust in my mind that when walking, I need to be observant of vehicles, I can't walk into a thorny bush or jump off a cliff. If my brain has no Maker, why can we trust it just as we can't allow brute animals to make decisions for us.
Let me ask athiests this question, you may do well to ask them too as they don't believe in a Creator God. If man arose without intelligent guidance, why should he have intelligence? Can unintelligence create intelligence? Even intelligent man cannot create something more intelligent than himself (not even the most sophisticated robots). To believe that intelligent man who cannot create life or anything more intelligent than himself was made by a force without intelligence is a foolish theory. The universe cannot evolve into creating something higher than itself by forming intelligence. If you follow them cos they say they are wise, be careful cos you yourself are following them with your brain in your pocket not in the head.

4. Conscience: There are things we hate, condemn and won't tolerate. Mass murder, genocide, terrorism, incest, rape, injustice, etc. Did these things simply evolve? Atheist themselves hate these things and condemn such ones as ungodly. If we truly evolve, why condemn these attitudes whereas they are displaying animalistic attitudes and they say we evolve from them and survival of the fittest which promotes greed, violence and selfishness.

6. Religion: Religion is as old as man and we have have tens of thousands of religion. Whether you're a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or even an atheist, you're still a religious person having holding onto some strong principles and views. People have worshipped God and gods and humans and animals and non existent things. In the name of religion, people have killed and willing to die. Why is that? Religion satisfies our spiritual need just as food satisfies our material need. Religion spans across villages, towns, cities, countries, and continents with different traditions, beliefs and customs in every geography and language. Atheists still make up far less than 10% of earth's population. False religion is bad and has caused problems, hatred, divisions among people, being irreligious does not help either. People practice religion out of this inherent need to know and worship God. If there is no God, there will be no religion and religion is a reality as God is also a reality. A philosopher once said that is there is no God, mankind would have to invent their own god.

7. The Bible: The Bible claims to be the inspired word of God. Is that true? Should we believe that when it was men who wrote all that is in it? It will be foolish to just believe in it cos someone says it is the Word of God so we must put it on trial. Why do I believe that the Bible is God's word?
* Age: This may not convince you but the reality is this, we can't expect the Bible to be done in our own era. It is one of the oldest books and the duration of its writing was completed after 1600 years.
*Distribution and Translation: If the Bible is God's word, we expect that it should be widely translated and readily available to all just like every other gift of God. The Bible is the most translated, distributed book of all time. It remains the best seller for decades and almost 100% of earth population has access to the Bible in print or electronic. This is remarkable as the Bible has survived death, fires, opposite, bans, criticisms and persecution yet it has endured down to this day and become the greatest book of all time
* Scientific accuracy: The Bible is not a science textbook but what is says regarding science is fact and ahead of its time. This is remarkable as scientific theories change from time to time as we gain more information and make better equipment. Regarding the shape of the earth and it's position as well as the description of water cycle, the Bible gave fact though it was written thousands of years ago when there were no telescope, microscope, spaceship, how did they know? God inspired them (2Tim 3:16)
* Other reasons include honesty of Bible writers, Internal harmony, historical accuracy, fulfillment of prophecies. I have no time to explain them but if you research them, you'll see that the Bible is indeed God's Word

So far so good, atheists seem to be having upper hand cos they say that the mainstream Christian can't prove the reality of what they believe. I am Emmanuel and one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Here, our beliefs are reality and we don't accept anything blindly even if it is the existence of a Creator and that is what helps us worship him properly, with awe and joy though we don't see him and we're persecuted and face problems yet we speak the truth with conviction. Today, churches are shaky as we see some clergymen talking what is controversial, outside the Bible and disproving the Creator. There are people who go to Church, they don't know why but they don't believe in God at all.

Which other reason or reasons convinces you of God's existence?

1 Like

Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Franzinni: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2022
A creator exist but ... Ultimately nothing has meaning beyond what is ascribed to it ... There is no good, no bad, it's only subject to meaning and over time it becomes beliefs.

You are not made, you grew like every other living thing

Not made , grew.

1 Like

Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 8:48am On Nov 01, 2022
Franzinni:
A creator exist but ... Ultimately nothing has meaning beyond what is ascribed to it ... There is no good, no bad, it's only subject to meaning and over time it becomes beliefs.

Not made , grew.
Kindly prove it
I agree that God does not have to create again and again but he has set the systems in place to ensure continuity and sustenance of life and living organisms. Man was made, so was animals and their reproductive parts. So we are a product of purposeful design. There are many things we enjoy in life and you say life has no good and no bad. There are things you love and are grateful for and there are things you hate and really regret. I don't understand what you mean but I agree that life is full of anxieties and challenges
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Franzinni: 10:52am On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Kindly prove it
I agree that God does not have to create again and again but he has set the systems in place to ensure continuity and sustenance of life and living organisms. Man was made, so was animals and their reproductive parts. So we are a product of purposeful design. There are many things we enjoy in life and you say life has no good and no bad. There are things you love and are grateful for and there are things you hate and really regret. I don't understand what you mean but I agree that life is full of anxieties and challenges
but do you even know the planet earth is alive ? Everything living grows out of the planet .. I wish I can really go deep into the topic but the short form is to never forget that you grew and was never created ... You grew just like every other living thing.

If it's alive, it grows that is evidence in contrast to believing in creation ... Even the universe as we know it is growing (expansion).

Everything you have been programmed with will not let you to see any other perspective becasue your belief has become a part of your reality and anything that threaten your belief is an attack ... Why do you think the Islamic fanatics find no qualms in killing for an ideology that we all have no means of verification except blind faith.

But what I am saying is evident around you.

If you want to have a deeper discussion I will engage you on it but for now I hope I was able to be understood. Besides these are my opinions so it doesn't matter grin

2 Likes

Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by KnownUnknown: 11:07am On Nov 01, 2022
Blue Leprechaun farted the world into existence and the fart (world) has been decaying ever since.
BL is the Creator, Preserver, and Destroyer. The original trinity.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Dtruthspeaker: 12:12pm On Nov 01, 2022
Truth is,belief is not necessary. A person who loves driving and understands the value of a car will pursue the acquisition of it. A person who does not, will not care about it.

Same with God.

Only those who understand the value of a good living and help and power and authority will understand the need to avoid making He Who Rules an enemy..

But those who love death hate Authority.

God is not begging anyone to live on Him and true lovers of God know this.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2022
Franzinni:
but do you even know the planet earth is alive ? Everything living grows out of the planet .. I wish I can really go deep into the topic but the short form is to never forget that you grew and was never created ... You grew just like every other living thing.

If it's alive, it grows that is evidence in contrast to believing in creation ... Even the universe as we know it is growing (expansion).

Everything you have been programmed with will not let you to see any other perspective becasue your belief has become a part of your reality and anything that threaten your belief is an attack ... Why do you think the Islamic fanatics find no qualms in killing for an ideology that we all have no means of verification except blind faith.

If you want to have a deeper discussion I will engage you on it but for now I hope I was able to be understood. Besides these are my opinions so it doesn't matter grin
That we have a living planet came by chance? The growing universe came about by chance? Remember that the earth is a marvel to astronomists. Whether the universe is reducing or growing or whatever does not disprove a Creator. We have a living earth, it was designed that way to support life
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Dtruthspeaker: 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2022
Franzinni:
but do you even know the planet earth is alive ?

This is a Change of Post! The question is not if planet earth was alive, the question is it was created, whether dead like a football Feild or alive like moss.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2022

If you want to have a deeper discussion I will engage you on it but for now I hope I was able to be understood. Besides these are my opinions so it doesn't matter grin[/quote]
If I'm convinced that all things came from a Creator, what other perspective is there to believe? They came as a result of blind, unintelligent and chance as evolutionist says. It takes more 'faith' to believe in evolution theory
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Dtruthspeaker: 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

That we have a living planet came by chance? The growing universe came about by chance? Remember that the earth is a marvel to astronomists. Whether the universe is reducing or growing or whatever does not disprove a Creator. We have a living earth, it was designed that way to support life

Do not let them take you through a journey of endless argument because you did not see that they have left the issue.

No atheist can argue without departing from the issue

Every argument atheists make is by moving from one issue to the other and you people unfortunately follow them as they lead you away from the issue, which they would have no valid thing to say if people stuck to the issue of contention.

See how this guy has moved from "when you see a creation there must be a Creator" to the "planet earth is alive"
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Dtruthspeaker: 3:35pm On Nov 01, 2022
Franzinni:

Not made , grew.

For a thing to grow, it must first be made!

Creation always occurs, first before a growth!

So when you lie to yourself try not saying it aloud
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by SeniorMan715(m): 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2022
Please help me explain 1 Peter 3:19,20
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Franzinni: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

For a thing to grow, it must first be made!

Creation always occurs, first before a growth!

So when you lie to yourself try not saying it aloud
hehe it's no used discussing ... Your perspective is all you allow so what waste my time... Ps ... I never denied the God factor .. I love God but religion is a bunch of fairy tales .. you can do with it what you like.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Franzinni: 6:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

This is a Change of Post! The question is not if planet earth was alive, the question is it was created, whether dead like a football Feild or alive like moss.
well your porpose is to be right but mine is to increase my knowledge so we are on two different boats ... Safe journey.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
Franzinni:
hehe it's no used discussing ... Your perspective is all you allow so what waste my time... Ps ... I never denied the God factor .. I love God but religion is a bunch of fairy tales .. you can do with it what you like.
Pls be consistent, you brought up something that was in 'contrast to creation' and now you say you love God. I hope you're sincere
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Franzinni: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I am not disputing a creator I am just not buying the religious narrative of creation.

Adam was not born ... Eve was made from rib .. seems too Disneyesc to me.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Franzinni: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Pls be consistent, you brought up something that was in 'contrast to creation' and now you say you love God. I hope you're sincere
it wasn't in contrast I said everything grows ... As far as evidence shows ... What is your own evidence of what you defend .... I do believe there is a creator but not like you have been raised to believe. Do your research and free your mind.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2022
Franzinni:
it wasn't in contrast I said everything grows ... As far as evidence shows ... What is your own evidence of what you defend .... I do believe there is a creator but not like you have been raised to believe. Do your research and free your mind.
If I were to base things on what I learned when I was small, I would have been an atheist. I made thorough research. I provided my evidence already. Growing universe or living planet came by accident?
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Franzinni: 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2022
Franzinni:

Not made , grew.
read my first 4 words ... I know a creator exist ... Do you know our very existence is similar to a computer simulation and data has successfully been saved in human DNA? Do your research and stop trying to be right ... Instead try to know becasue knowledge will set you free.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Franzinni: 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

If I were to base things on what I learned when I was small, I would have been an atheist. I made thorough research. I provided my evidence already. Growing universe or living planet came by accident?
nah ... At this point I will take a bow.. believe what you may.

It's ok.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2022
Franzinni:
read my first 4 words ... I know a creator exist ... Do you know our very existence is similar to a computer simulation and data has successfully been saved in human DNA? Do your research and stop trying to be right ... Instead try to know becasue knowledge will set you free.

You are not bringing up clear viewpoint. Since you claim you know about such, tell me so I can learn and see how you want to 'set me free'
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Kindly tell what you don't understand so we may known where to stat from
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Franzinni: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

You are not bringing up clear viewpoint. Since you claim you know about such, tell me so I can learn and see how you want to 'set me free'
let me share my opinion with you, in life there is no use being right if it stands in your way of knowledge. I didn't comment to be right only share what I have learnt along the way ... Life is strange . There is nothing special about human beings we are just creatures like vows and goats, we only have a feature called a big brain that makes us able to think... just as birds have a feature called wings that makes Dem able to fly. Also everything that exist in all dimensions must exist in waves and the waves form pattern .. see it's alot. I can even give you an experiment that will blow your mind about reality.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by SeniorMan715(m): 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2022
After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah' i don't understand it
Aemmyjah:

Kindly tell what you don't understand so we may known where to stat from
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2022
Franzinni:
let me share my opinion with you, in life there is no use being right if it stands in your way of knowledge. I didn't comment to be right only share what I have learnt along the way ... Life is strange . There is nothing special about human beings we are just creatures like vows and goats, we only have a feature called a big brain that makes us able to think... just as birds have a feature called wings that makes Dem able to fly. Also everything that exist in all dimensions must exist in waves and the waves form pattern .. see it's alot. I can even give you an experiment that will blow your mind about reality.
I'm waiting, pls blow my mind.
But note that nothing will make sense about life unless we understand its purpose, ignorance of that will lead to all forms of frustration. Living life without knowing why we are here, where we come from, where we are going and how to live it will make it meaningless, purposeless and unsatisfying. So present your fact and blow my mind. I'm a very open-minded person
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Dtruthspeaker: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2022
Franzinni:
well your porpose is to be right but mine is to increase my knowledge so we are on two different boats ... Safe journey.

When one looks for truth, one finds knowledge in the end!
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
SeniorMan715:
After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah' i don't understand it
OK sir. Good you ask. We all want to learn.

Jesus Christ is the person that was made alive in the spirit if you start from verse 18, he went and made a proclamation to the spirits in prison- spirits that were formerly disobedient in Noah's day.
Who were those spirits, Genesis 6 helps us see that these spirits were the rebellions angels who forsook their proper dwelling place and married women. That was an act of rebellion cos Jehovah only allowed earthly creatures to produce offspring and not angels and we know that rebellion is an act of disobedience... When God brought the flood, in order for these materialized angels to survive it, they went back to heaven but they did not join other faithful angels, God restrained them as it were ( check 2 Peter 2:4 and Jude 6) and they could no longer associate with the other angels. Another word for angels are spirits or sons of God.

What kind of message did Jesus Christ proclaim to them? Not a proclamation of goodnews or repentance but of judgment. Their error did not stem from imperfections but willful disobedience so Jesus Christ declared judgment to them. Revelation said they they would be later expelled from heaven with their leader, Satan and in the near future they would be destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Dtruthspeaker: 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2022
SeniorMan715:

Do not narrow 1 Peter 3 to verses 19 and 20. The message is 1 Peter 3, which is advising the need to do that which is right and good in the eye of God

"Let him hate evil, and do good; "

19 and 20 is just giving a great warning to us not to put the Love and Sacrifice of God to waste, Who went as far as preaching to those of the first world (pre-flood people).

It would be very very very bad for the person who makes this great love and sacrifice a vain thing. That is what 1 Peter 3 is warning us.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Aemmyjah(m): 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Do not narrow 1 Peter 3 to verses 19 and 20. The message is 1 Peter 3, which is advising the need to do that which is right and good in the eye of God

"Let him hate evil, and do good; "

19 and 20 is just giving a great warning to us not to put the Love and Sacrifice of God to waste, Who went as far as preaching to those of the first world (pre-flood people).

It would be very very very bad for the person who makes this great love and sacrifice a vain thing. That is what 1 Peter 3 is warning us.

What are you even saying? He said he did not understand those particular verses. How will Jesus Christ go and preach to people who had perished already several centuries ago? You are not making any sense. They all died or were destroyed. The Bible said he went to preach to the 'spirits' not the dead but the 'spirits' in prison who were disobedient in Noah's day. Men have always been disobedient long, long, long before Noah was born, even his great grandfather, Enoch declared judgment on the people of that world. Who were these 'spirits' who were disobedient in 'Noah's day' that did not perish but kept ' in prison' as it were. Genesis 6 gives the answer. The Sons of God. Some of them rebelled by taking wives who gave birth to Nephilims. They did not die when the flood came. The Bible is not too hard to understand, people just make it look stupid when they promote different ideas entirely.

1 Like

Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

What are you even saying? He said he did not understand those particular verses. How will Jesus Christ go and preach to people who had perished already several centuries ago? You are not making any sense. They all died or were destroyed. The Bible said he went to preach to the 'spirits' not the dead but the 'spirits' in prison who were disobedient in Noah's day. Men have always been disobedient long, long, long before Noah was born, even his great grandfather, Enoch declared judgment on the people of that world. Who were these 'spirits' who were disobedient in 'Noah's day' that did not perish but kept ' in prison' as it were. Genesis 6 gives the answer. The Sons of God. Some of them rebelled by taking wives who gave birth to Nephilims. They did not die when the flood came. The Bible is not too hard to understand, people just make it look stupid when they promote different ideas entirely.

Well many just feel like choosing the type of pastors they will love to preach to them not the message of truth {2Timotht 4:3-4} so you only need to watch out for humble ones who realize that they need knowledge not those who have already chosen their path! smiley

1 Like

Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Dtruthspeaker: 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

What are you even saying? He said he did not understand those particular verses. How will Jesus Christ go and preach to people who had perished already several centuries ago?

That is because you have not seen that from Cain God has really not avenged Himself.

Matthew 23:35
That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel (old world) unto the blood of Zacharias.

Or the sinners at the who disobeyed God's first Commandment with raising the golden calf.

Exodus 32:34
"nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them.

Then the parable in Mathew 20:16. "So the last shall be first, and the first last:". In Court, the first cases called up are the fresh cases while the old cases are treated last.

So, Christ started preaching with us and ended with the old. Same judgement Day shall be.
Re: Simple, Logical Reasons To Believe In The Existence Of A Creator by Maynman: 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
Why not creators? And what created the creators?

The question can keep going on and on, why limit the questions?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Beatitudes (sermon On The Mount) / Obscenities (ordained ?) / Tithe, The New Testament & New Generation Church's Bondage ? Set Yourself Free!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.