Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,113 members, 7,880,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:36 PM

“the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour (2327 Views)

Today Is Christ The King Sunday / The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / The Professional Names Of Our Lord Jesus Christ The Saviour Of The Whole World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by HISchild: 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2011
Please, take a little time to read this collection of holy Scriptures… JESUS CHRIST is Lord to the glory of GOD The FATHER, HE is GOD, ONE GOD and The only Mediator and Saviour from the righteous wrath of GOD for sin.  “The Lord [is] gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, And of great mercy.” – Psalm 145:8
Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.” – 1 John 4:13-15

THE WORD OF GOD is TRUTH (John 1:1, John 3:16, John 14:6)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” - Isaiah 9:6

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” - Luke 2:10-12

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” - Matthew 1:20-23

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.” - Isaiah 43:10-12

Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save. Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.” - Isaiah 45:20-22

Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.” - Hosea 13:3-5

And many more believed because of his own word; And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.” - John 4:41-42

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.” - 1 Timothy 4:9-10

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.” - 2 Timothy 1:9-11

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.” - Titus 3:5-7

While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.” - 2 Peter 2:19-21

The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.” - Acts 5:30-32

Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.” - Philippians 3:19-21

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” - Jude 1:24-25
----

(the attached pic is the nucleus of the Whirlpool Galaxy (M51) taken by the hubble telescope, one of many, many, many signs that The Lord GOD places in the Heavens)

"Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;" - Isaiah 42:5-6

"Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts." - Isaiah 45:11-13

Re: “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by chowbaby: 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2011
[i][i][b]Respectfully, HISChild, your views are quite primitive and arrogant.  The only reason that you adhere to the teachings of the bible and Jesus Christ is because of where you were born.  I am probably correct in assuming that you were raised in a Christian household.  Had you been born in India you may be Budhist or Hindu.  If you were born in the middle east you may be a Muslim or Jew. Africa, mostly Christian because of colonization.  And if born in many parts of Europe or the USA, you may be a Christian or Atheist.  That simple! 

The point here is that you cannot use the bible to justify the bible.  It is a man written book, not the infallible word of anything.  But if it works to keep you in fear and well behaved, then use it.  That is no way to live, but some people need it.  They believe that suffering is a sign of something good.  You way adhere to this backwards thinking.  Jesus may be the way that you choose to express your religious or spiritual beliefs, but it is quite closed minded and ignorant in 2011 to express the view that he is the only way to anything.

[color=#990000][color=#990000]You have been on this site before, because the structure of your posts is familiar.  You were the person warning us that May 21 was judgment day.  It was not judgment day.  Which only goes to prove once again that whatever your interpretation of the Bible is, is false.

It appears that you believe you have some kind of authority to communicate teachings of the bible to others.  However, please be careful, because many of your teachings are misleading and false, and the bible that you so strongly believe in expresses that those like you who spread false teachings will be dealt with.  Furthermore, your May 21 nonsense probably led many away from God, destroyed many lives, and put your leader Harold Camping in the hospital.  You will also have to answer for this.  The world is not going to end soon.  It will end in billions of years when the sun becomes too close and those on earth can no longer survive.  This is not the worst time in history, comparatively speaking (slavery, the black plague, the potato famine, etc) it is not even that bad.  The bible that you so strongly believe in states that the end would have occurred thousands of years ago, it never did.  Think, this clearly shows the book is not to be interpreted literally.
  [/color]

Please, we do not need you to list a bunch of scriptures in response to this post.  That is the problem, you are in a trance of scriptures and have lost the inability to think logically, hence the May 21 nonsense and the belief that the world will end this year.  Followed by posts like this about anything being the only way. Those who are weak in mind will flock to stupidity like this, but others who are not will see it for the foolishness it is. 

The world is filled with billions of people.  All on their own journey.  There is not one way to anything.  There may be the way that worked for you.  But please, the ignorance of beliefs in one anything is disgusting.  Furthermore, religion was only created to keep people in line.  Clearly it has done so for you as all your posts ever speak of is escaping the "wrath of God."  There is no wrath of God.  There is cause and effect.  You do bad and bad will happen to you and vice versa.  No one needs an outdated book to know this, but those who are more evil and simple minded may need it because on their own they have no sense of control or sense of morality. 

In regards to the Whirlpool Galaxy (M51), the galaxy's massive center, the bright ball of light in the center of the photograph, is about 80 light-years across and has a brightness of about 100 million suns. Astronomers estimate that it is about 400 million years old and has a mass 40 million times larger than our Sun. The concentration of stars is about 5,000 times higher than in our solar neighborhood, the Milky Way Galaxy. We would see a continuously bright sky if we lived near the bright center.  The dark "y" across the center is a sign of dust absorption. The bright dot in the middle of the "y" has a brightness of about one million suns, but a size of less than five light-years.

Astrologers and scientists are doing their jobs and have provided an explanation for these phenomena.  There is no need for ignorant interpretations of what it actually is.  It baffles me that there are people in this day and age who insist on holding on to ignorance rather than exploring the wealth of knowledge out there.

Rise from your primitive way of thinking before it is too late for you, the damage you have already done may never truly be known.  We all hope that those who were misled by you and others regarding May 21 will be able to put their lives back together!  You probably never even give them any thought, sad![/b] 
[/i][/i][/color]
Re: “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by justhappy: 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2011
I AM SO GLAD THAT SOMEONE HAS SAID SOMETHING TO THIS FOOL AND LOCAL CHAMPION "HISCHILD" OR WAS IT "HISSERVANT"!!!!!!!!!!

Chowbaby, I absolutely agree with you. All those who were responsible for the May 21 fiasco will definitely be held accountable. Harold Camping then has the nerve to say the judgment was silent (how convenient) and the world will end this year. This man will not stop! What will he say now on October 22. It is quite intriguing that people actually follow his teachings. The argument was made that the May 21 date was from the bible. Since nothing happened, it must be concluded that the bible is not to be interpreted literally, is not infallible, and that those who follow these teachings of family radio are quite wrong and need help.

Instead of "Hischild" and his cronies apologizing for the confusion and pain they caused regarding May 21, they all went into hiding for a bit and are now back up to their old antics. I personally know a few people who gave up all their belongings and quit their jobs because of the May 21 scare tactics. These people are now destitute and suffering. Where is HISchild to clean up the mess he made? He is hoping for the end this year, because his life is probably a mess too. What a shame! Hischild, you should be ashamed of yourself, we shall know them by their fruits, and your fruits are all rotten!

Since HISchild like to list scriptures so much, here are some for him,

Matt 7:15-20 (NKJV) Jesus warns, "BEWARE of the FALSE PROPHETS, who COME TO YOU in SHEEP'S CLOTHING but INWARDLY are RAVENOUS WOLVES. You will KNOW THEM (identify them) by their FRUITS."

Matt 24:11 (NKJV) Jesus warns, "MANY FALSE PROPHETS will rise up & DECEIVE MANY."

Acts 20:29-32 "I know that FALSE TEACHERS, like VICIOUS WOLVES, will come in among you after I leave, not sparing the Flock. Even some men from your own group will rise up and DISTORT THE TRUTH in order to draw a following. Watch out!"

Rom 16:17-18 (KJV) “MARK THEM which cause DIVISIONS & OFFENCES CONTRARY to the DOCTRINE which you have learned; and AVOID them. For they that are such SERVE NOT our Lord Jesus Christ, but their OWN BELLY (personal interests); and by GOOD WORDS & FAIR SPEECHES (smooth talk) DECEIVE the HEARTS of the SIMPLE (i.e. innocent, unsuspecting, naive, undiscerning)."
Re: “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by LagosShia: 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2011
"HISCHILD" COULD BE ANOTHER OF frosbels' USERNAMES.
Re: “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by LagosShia: 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2011
"Bible (im)morality"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739876.0.html

"Where Is Jesus"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739871.0.html

"Bible Verses Churches Conceal From Your Ears":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-743341.0.html

"Killing Children Is Bible Miracle"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735998.0.html

"According To The Bible:if Your Wife Saves Your Life,you Cut Off Her Hand"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=736626.msg8931460#msg8931460

"Jesus Never Told Anyone He Will Die For Them"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735489.0.html

"Bible Scholars Admit To Bible Text Discrepancies"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-734053.0.html

"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

"original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551599.0.html

"False Prophecies Of The New Testament" (bible)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550247.0.html

"The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-729581.0.html

"The Christian Resurrection Myth"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739850.0.html

"Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739934.0.html

"Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732120.0.html

"Weekly Crusaders' Report-this Thread Would Be Updated Regularly"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732741.0.html

"Norway Christian Terrorist Motive:"to Demand Crusade Against Spread Of Islam"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-719777.0.html

"German Priest Burns Himself To Death To Protest Spread Of Islam"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551584.0.html

"Why Muslims Pray In Arabic"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-574141.0.html
Re: “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by HISchild: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2011
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment”:-Heb 9:27

I have told you.
Re: “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by justhappy: 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2011
Like you told us about May 21? Clearly "HISchild" you are a few cards short of a full deck. The arrogance to even call yourself "HISchild" as if to say what? Your own parents must be so ashamed of you! You may think that we Nigerians are fools, but we see right through you. When it is time for your judgment, which you are so looking forward to, you will be held accountable for all of your trickery and deceit!!!!!!!
Re: “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by chowbaby: 11:34pm On Aug 22, 2011
What exactly have you told us? Please do not go into hiding again like the little bit@h you are when we are all here on October 22, and again the world has not ended, and your false prophesies have not come true. I hope you will help all those whose lives you and your cronies have helped to destroy!
Re: “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by Sweetnecta: 11:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
[Quote]« #5 on: Today at 08:33:49 AM »

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but [b]after this the judgment[/b]Heb 9:27

I have told you.[/Quote]hischild, gead man doesnt wake up.

if he does, he is a zombie according people of haiti.

if a zombie he doesnt hide from killers because he has no brain. according to fela's song he will be doing jooroo jaaraa jooorooo oooooo.

and everyone who dies will be judged by the Judge Who created death for this purpose and He is not a dying or dead or will die or once dead Judge.
Re: “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by IdiAmin2(m): 12:03am On Aug 23, 2011
chowbaby:

[i][i][b]Respectfully, HISChild, your views are quite primitive and arrogant. The only reason that you adhere to the teachings of the bible and Jesus Christ is because of where you were born. I am probably correct in assuming that you were raised in a Christian household. Had you been born in India you may be Budhist or Hindu. If you were born in the middle east you may be a Muslim or Jew. Africa, mostly Christian because of colonization. And if born in many parts of Europe or the USA, you may be a Christian or Atheist. That simple!

The point here is that you cannot use the bible to justify the bible. It is a man written book, not the infallible word of anything. But if it works to keep you in fear and well behaved, then use it. That is no way to live, but some people need it. They believe that suffering is a sign of something good. You way adhere to this backwards thinking. Jesus may be the way that you choose to express your religious or spiritual beliefs, but it is quite closed minded and ignorant in 2011 to express the view that he is the only way to anything.

[color=#990000][color=#990000]You have been on this site before, because the structure of your posts is familiar. You were the person warning us that May 21 was judgment day. It was not judgment day. Which only goes to prove once again that whatever your interpretation of the Bible is, is false.

It appears that you believe you have some kind of authority to communicate teachings of the bible to others. However, please be careful, because many of your teachings are misleading and false, and the bible that you so strongly believe in expresses that those like you who spread false teachings will be dealt with. Furthermore, your May 21 nonsense probably led many away from God, destroyed many lives, and put your leader Harold Camping in the hospital. You will also have to answer for this. The world is not going to end soon. It will end in billions of years when the sun becomes too close and those on earth can no longer survive. This is not the worst time in history, comparatively speaking (slavery, the black plague, the potato famine, etc) it is not even that bad. The bible that you so strongly believe in states that the end would have occurred thousands of years ago, it never did. Think, this clearly shows the book is not to be interpreted literally.
[/color]

Please, we do not need you to list a bunch of scriptures in response to this post. That is the problem, you are in a trance of scriptures and have lost the inability to think logically, hence the May 21 nonsense and the belief that the world will end this year. Followed by posts like this about anything being the only way. Those who are weak in mind will flock to stupidity like this, but others who are not will see it for the foolishness it is.

The world is filled with billions of people. All on their own journey. There is not one way to anything. There may be the way that worked for you. But please, the ignorance of beliefs in one anything is disgusting. Furthermore, religion was only created to keep people in line. Clearly it has done so for you as all your posts ever speak of is escaping the "wrath of God." There is no wrath of God. There is cause and effect. You do bad and bad will happen to you and vice versa. No one needs an outdated book to know this, but those who are more evil and simple minded may need it because on their own they have no sense of control or sense of morality.

In regards to the Whirlpool Galaxy (M51), the galaxy's massive center, the bright ball of light in the center of the photograph, is about 80 light-years across and has a brightness of about 100 million suns. Astronomers estimate that it is about 400 million years old and has a mass 40 million times larger than our Sun. The concentration of stars is about 5,000 times higher than in our solar neighborhood, the Milky Way Galaxy. We would see a continuously bright sky if we lived near the bright center. The dark "y" across the center is a sign of dust absorption. The bright dot in the middle of the "y" has a brightness of about one million suns, but a size of less than five light-years.

Astrologers and scientists are doing their jobs and have provided an explanation for these phenomena. There is no need for ignorant interpretations of what it actually is. It baffles me that there are people in this day and age who insist on holding on to ignorance rather than exploring the wealth of knowledge out there.

Rise from your primitive way of thinking before it is too late for you, the damage you have already done may never truly be known. We all hope that those who were misled by you and others regarding May 21 will be able to put their lives back together! You probably never even give them any thought, sad![/b]
[/i][/i][/color]
All I can say is wow!!! Thanks Chowbaby for this write-up, I would have replied to the poster, but no need to, as you have said it all. But unfortunately, it will fall on deaf ears, because religion has closed the mind to be able to think and analyse information logically
Re: “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour by IdiAmin2(m): 12:06am On Aug 23, 2011
HISchild:

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment”:-Heb 9:27

I have told you.

To die once
What of all the people Jesus raised from the dead in the bible? Did they die once?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners / Who Created *gods?* / Why Did You Tell Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.