Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,417 members, 7,904,547 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:21 PM

Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) (92626 Views)

Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria / Cost Of Constructing A Mini Swimming Pool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by gare(f): 9:09am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
All this is non essential. A remote cover would be cool

if feel this is the best, if the remote cover is bad what then do you do ? above all there is need for proper supervision of Kids, so they dont wonder away, there other things that are also not good for the children, electric socket, even the bath tub, just ensure not to take your eyes off the kids or get a latch for kids so they dont wonder away.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Akanniade(m): 9:09am On Nov 02, 2022
Cypress042:
Even with those net around the pools a child that will drown will drown

Just pray that stuffs like this don't remember you.
There are many unreported cases aside Davido's son. Fences will reduce the likelihood of such accidents. It is not perfect, but better than leaving things to chance.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Gopkk(m): 9:10am On Nov 02, 2022
No
Net. No glass .just.built.
Wall fence round it.with.a.gate.and key
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Tbagwell80: 9:10am On Nov 02, 2022
Cypress042:
Even with those net around the pools a child that will drown will drown

Just pray that stuffs like this don't remember you.
African man's poor mentality. You plant maize but expect rice.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by naturefellow(m): 9:10am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
did you ever consider pros and cons as functionality, cost, suitability, aesthetics, etc.

Cool is inconsequential in matters of death prevention!

There are determinant factors for different use cases.

Just build something permanent, or near permanent like barricade. Not something that's cool and someone might eventually forget to apply or use.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by CheapHomes1: 9:10am On Nov 02, 2022
afribookorg:
If you like cover everywhere with cement. When death comes,forget it

Go and watch "final destination"

That's great. Pls when you are crossing express, pls don't look for oncoming cars. Just cross the road as if you are in your bedroom. You will be fine

3 Likes

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Iykolysis: 9:11am On Nov 02, 2022
MissLAP:
Only the grace of God can save one from untimely death.

Technology and money are irrelevant here

Lies, safety precautions saves a lot.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Dearlord(m): 9:11am On Nov 02, 2022
Barricading it will not be 100% efficient and less enjoyable.
The best is to get netted round on a hooks surrounding the pool
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by phemmyfour: 9:11am On Nov 02, 2022
maureensylvia:
If you have swimming pool in your house and you have children...

This is how your swimming pool should look like.

May what we build for family pleasure never end up causing deepest pains.

This post was inspired by the death of Davido's son... Rest on cutie.
negative inspection
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2022
All these are nonsense. Just avoid pools in a residential building.

What's the point? If you like gate it will bricks, your children are going to always find a way someday.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by sonofElElyon: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:

It still serves the purpose... either way will do
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Williams150(m): 9:14am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
show us sample let see...
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Nawttiboi007(m): 9:14am On Nov 02, 2022
This fenced is still recommended cos it’s permanent unlike the remote cover that cud easily be forgotten through negligence at times.
MatrixReloaded:
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:14am On Nov 02, 2022
excanny:
Better to avoid having one at home if you have kids less than 15 years old.

If they want to swim, they can do so in public swimming pools where there are adults watching them.

Cos my my restless daughter will climb that fence somehow somehow.

Kids are very unpredictable and dumb.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Rexnegro(m): 9:15am On Nov 02, 2022
Tokskob2008:
The door of that little net might at one time or the other be opened and kids will definitely stroll in so anything can still happen. It's best if the pool is entirely separated from the building.
Even at that bro it should be fenced with his own gate more like buying two plots of land one for the building and the other one for the pool area with Nigerian fence type tall and gated but linked to the building plot . Only opened when the parent want to go chill there or the pool cleaner want to clean the pool. Aside that a child won't have access to it with or without his or her parents consent. Na so me I see am sha
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by YeyeGbami: 9:16am On Nov 02, 2022
afribookorg:

If possible all parts
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by naturefellow(m): 9:16am On Nov 02, 2022
Ddworld:

Do you know how much a remote cover cost?
pay him no mind. Mindless talk.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by simongonner: 9:16am On Nov 02, 2022
Candidlady:

So we shouldn’t take measures to prevent it ko undecided
honestly..very myopic reasoning.. thats why death rate is higher in Nigeria.. we are very carelessness
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by treatise: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2022
maureensylvia:
If you have swimming pool in your house and you have children...

This is how your swimming pool should look like.

May what we build for family pleasure never end up causing deepest pains.

This post was inspired by the death of Davido's son... Rest on cutie.
Wow wow wow !
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:17am On Nov 02, 2022
ValCon888:
Children can still climb that fence and gain entry.

The best solution is a pool alarm.

The sensors detect unauthorized entry and will trigger the alarm to let people know someone is in the pool.

A pool alarm is the best especially for large houses with plenty of space.
I thank God everyday for nairaland. Honestly, I never knew there's a pool alarm.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by yusluvad(m): 9:17am On Nov 02, 2022
Nice input.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Mazzkenny: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
both are okay
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Fut9ure: 9:18am On Nov 02, 2022
afribookorg:

I love that movie sha
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Dpundict: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2022
Of all the pictures above,only the one with the separate iron protection is safe against the child climbing to the other side and drowning. A child is lightweight and will easily scale the other ones with strong edges that can carry their weight and drown. I personally don't fear water so I doubt I will have a pool inside my compound.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Cypress042: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2022
DeepSight:

Please stop saying rubbish like this, it comes across to many people as though you are telling them not to bother with safety measures and thats fvcked up.

Try understand my point first before quoting me, i never said people shouldn't bother putting safety measures, i'm only trying to say that somethings in life are mean't to happen.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by alingo2013(m): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2022
JayPeeOham:

Na Nollywood movie? angry grin

No
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by ehissi(m): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2022
Davido's son passed away by drowning in a swimming pool unsupervised, suddenly everybody is an expert on safety and on building swimming pools......

Nigerians sef!!!

Let them mourn their loss in peace for the love of peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by dettolgel: 9:20am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:

Moving mechanical parts implies more maintenance and higher chance of repair. This is engineering 101
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by glovester(f): 9:21am On Nov 02, 2022
Righteousness and gentleman82 are absolutely right. I strongly agree and stand with them for telling you all the truth and nothing but the truth.
Don't be carnally minded, be sensible to the things of the spirit.
HE THAT HAVE EARS LET HIM HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD SAYS...

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by olasesi(m): 9:22am On Nov 02, 2022
The way we think differently amazes me. Someone came up with pictures of better ways things could have been done, and people could only retrogressively object to it. They did not even suggest anything that is better if they think this is not good enough.

Are you saying the chances of getting drowned in a pool that is covered is the same chance as with a pool that is not covered?
Why has Africa always been backward and retrogressive in thinking?

One would not expect people who use this platform or use the internet to think like this. What then would be the case of average market men and women who may be ignorant of a lot of things?
If this happened in Europe or America, and they have a forum like this, they would likely be discussing why he did not get his pool covered when he has a child at home. But here we are in Africa. It's is different, all just from the comments of people here. What is more shocking to me is the high number of "likes" you get from such comments. It makes me feel like I am the the crazy one here. But if really I am the crazy one, I would prefer to be crazy in the eyes of people who hold such thinking. And yet you people have internet. It's a shame to the 21st century.

Aren't the whites Christians too? Yes people in houses of those pictures. But they didn't wait for God to do what a man can do. In fact, if God loves you, he would give you knowledge so it will occur to you to cover your pool because of the danger. But if he does not love you, he would let you wallow in your ignorance and let you expect him to save you from such danger from up there where he is.

In my own religion, we are told to tie our camel and then put our trust in God. Let me relate to you.

One day Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it.
He asked the Bedouin, “Why don’t you tie down your camel?”
The Bedouin answered, “I placed my trust in Allah.”
At that, the Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Tie your camel and place your trust in Allah” (Tirmidhi)

That's a good balance between faith and reality.
Even with that sef, they still fit steal am. But you still just have to do what you can to ensure it.

But if we think all these are still nonsense. We can as well then leave the doors of our house open. After all, what will happen will happen. We also may not have to use passwords for our accounts because we still get hacked anyways. We may even go national. We wont be needing the police anymore. we spend too much on security and yes there are still attacks.
It's then we will appreciate numbers.
No one said it's secure 100%. But not doing anything to secure more is pure foolishness.

And kudo to those who gave different other ways. People who think they wont construct a pool in their house are even way smarter than those saying it's God that protects or that what would be would be.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Kingcalls: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:

With this our Nepa issue
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Emytexboy(m): 9:22am On Nov 02, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerchin, Kabelmetal And Coleman Cables, / Decorative wall stone tiles in Lagos and anywhere in Nigeria. . / Most Current Promotional Prices For Top Quality New Zealand Stone Coated Roof

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.