Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,642 members, 7,878,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:28 AM

Peter Obi's Support Group Cries Out As CBN Blocks It's Donation Bank Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Support Group Cries Out As CBN Blocks It's Donation Bank Accounts (716 Views)

Obi Support Movement Takes Campaign To Katsina Streets (Pictures) / Peter Obi Support Group Hold Free Medical Outreach In Gombe State (Pictures) / Meeting Of Peter Obi Support Network In Bauchi (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's Support Group Cries Out As CBN Blocks It's Donation Bank Accounts by Gossipninja: 12:01am On Nov 02, 2022
Dear Central Bank of Nigeria, isn’t this an act of attacking citizen participation in election campaign?

What is this government scared of? I thought Peter Obi and Labour party were no threats.

Re: Peter Obi's Support Group Cries Out As CBN Blocks It's Donation Bank Accounts by Gossipninja: 12:02am On Nov 02, 2022
PRESS RELEASE
01/11/2022

FGN's Sanctioning and blocking of TBN'S Bank Account

TBN Global Leadership has been notified that its bank account with keystone Bank has been unjustifiably blocked by a government order.

We see this development as an act of political persecution, suppression and intimidation from the powers that be to stop this youth driven grassroots movement from carrying out activities protected by the constitution.

TBN is a socio-political movement and a non-governmental organisation made up of well meaning patriotic Nigerians, actively engaged in promoting good governance and democratic ideals in Nigeria.

It is our core value to support competent and credible candidates during elections leveraging the energy of youths who will determine electoral outcomes at all levels irrespective of the political party.

Against the 2023 general elections, TBN Global Leadership has endorsed Mr Peter Obi and his running mate Dr Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed of the Labour Party as the most credible and competent CANDIDATES.

TBN has publicly solicited and equally received donations for the sole purpose of funding grassroots activities to support the ObiDatti Presidential Campaign activities.

We categorically state that blocking our account or any manner of repression will in no way stop us from supporting the ObiDatti 2023 mandate. It is our constitutional right as citizens of Nigeria to support and promote the candidate of our choice.

Therefore, we appeal to the relevant authorities to reconsider this sanction. We also urge members of the public especially our donors to bear with us while we seek redress to unblock our account.

Signed:

Danjuma Garba Musa,
Spokesperson.
Re: Peter Obi's Support Group Cries Out As CBN Blocks It's Donation Bank Accounts by cherishmichael: 12:08am On Nov 02, 2022
CBN too! undecided
They should remember that there wasn't any banks before and humans also saved their money safely, corrupt country, shame on you!!!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Support Group Cries Out As CBN Blocks It's Donation Bank Accounts by Ekundayo7574(m): 12:25am On Nov 02, 2022
Lol this is what gives me more joy grin grin grin IPOB and propaganda are 5 and 6 that's why they have nothing upstair except the below image sad

Re: Peter Obi's Support Group Cries Out As CBN Blocks It's Donation Bank Accounts by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 02, 2022
Hmm , don't stay at home and conclude .How many igbos have you heard,that has been caught trying to hide Money.
Re: Peter Obi's Support Group Cries Out As CBN Blocks It's Donation Bank Accounts by Chinjo2: 2:28am On Nov 02, 2022
I am not a supporter of Peter Obi but to me, this is a bad one from government. Most candidates have access to state treasury. He should be allowed to source for funds anywhere he seems fit. Government should provide a level playing field for all candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Support Group Cries Out As CBN Blocks It's Donation Bank Accounts by inoki247: 2:30am On Nov 02, 2022
Is the account linked to SCHUM for anti laundry if not na freezing straight....

One of my account colet Freezing last week cause of this same documentation and I didn't come to cry on social media I did the necessary things and it was unfrozen within 48hrs.....

Everything isn't crying on social media tell us the reason your bank freezes ur account..

So no be everything u go dey shout Government and be playing politics with...

if isn't documentation then consult a Lawyer is the account open for a donation purpose were the documentation completed if all this are in place then consult a Lawyer...

And the funds that enter the account hope any illegal funds or stolen funds didn't enter...

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Support Group Cries Out As CBN Blocks It's Donation Bank Accounts by Mynd44: 5:35am On Nov 02, 2022

(1)

Why Are Only Fake People Endorsing Tinubu? / Fact Check: No Businessman But Uzodimma Wastes 1billion Imo Money On Tinubu / Samuel Ortom: Next President Should Come From South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.