Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,899 members, 7,918,925 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:38 PM

Logo Design Facts - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Logo Design Facts (847 Views)

How To Choose A Colour Scheme For Your Logo Design / Logo Design For Lab Agro Allied Limited / 2D And 3D Logo Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Logo Design Facts by Abdullahi4u7(m): 2:29am On Nov 02, 2022
I am a logo and brand identity designer.

I am always willing to learn and share what I know about it.

In this thread, I will be sharing basic logo design facts that could help us in our journey of becoming great brand identity designers.

You can always share yours too.
Re: Logo Design Facts by Abdullahi4u7(m): 2:33am On Nov 02, 2022
LOGO DESIGN AND THE 3-SECOND TEST

I like to start with this because it's both funny and interesting. And many Nigerian designers don't usually put it into practice, too.

In logo design, there's a test popularly referred to as the 3-second test.

Here is how it works:
When a designer finishes working on a logo, he presents the logo to another person and the person observes it for just three seconds.

The logo is said to have passed the test if this person can reproduce it on a paper or describe it so well that someone who has not seen the logo would be able to reproduce it.

The aim of the test is to check the memorability of the logo.

Does your logos always pass this test?

1 Like

Re: Logo Design Facts by Abdullahi4u7(m): 6:25am On Nov 08, 2022
COLOUR PSYCHOLOGY IN LOGO DESIGN

Let's quickly talk about your logo and the colour scheme of the brand's industry.

Do you want to conform, for instance, by using yellow, red and/or white for a fast food brand or you want to stand out (contrast) like Tacobell, by using purple in the same fast food industry?

Standing out is not always a good idea. So while trying to do it, you should always consider what the colour says psychology and whether it fits the brief.

Re: Logo Design Facts by Abdullahi4u7(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2022
SOME QUALITIES OF A GOOD LOGO

Unique: This means standing out from the crowd. Your logo should fit in your industry and still stand out from the competition.

Simple: Makes it easy to understand and to remember. Simplicity, however, doesn't mean it has to be dumb.

Creative: Always leave a touch of creativity in your designs.

Versatile: Flexible enough to use in various circumstances.

Fitting: Make the appropriate logo for every company. You don't want to make an overly serious logo for a toy brand.

Re: Logo Design Facts by Abdullahi4u7(m): 9:28am On Nov 11, 2022
Don't put too many ideas into one logo.

Re: Logo Design Facts by Abdullahi4u7(m): 9:11am On Nov 13, 2022
DON'T MAKE SWEEPING JUDGEMENTS

You can't deny that some of the most counterfeited logos in the world are simple monograms. Some designers may not care for monograms but they sure do have value. This is undeniable.

Chanel, Louis Vuitton and many other long-term highly profitable companies use crests and monograms in their identities today.

Re: Logo Design Facts by Owais24: 11:27am On Feb 15, 2023
If you are looking for the best logo expert company so don't worry. our company provides a quality work. we have a professional logo expert and web designers.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Download Free Version Of ADOBE LIGHTROOM / Screen Printing Sales Executive Needed At Yaba / Please Advice Me On Which Digital Camera To Buy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.