Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,270 members, 7,967,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 02:44 AM

Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital (9006 Views)

Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda / Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 22, 2011
Fimmy:

Gaddafi did his best for his people, he felt he was better, one thing that i dont get right is, why will a sane country or organization be in support of Rebels.?the world is really coming to an end

Bad precedent in history i must say. . .Now we know where our own niger delta youths got those sophisticated weapons to curse havoc on nigeri.the issue is that the west needs oil and will do everything to spread their capitalism drive for oil.who knows the crime they committed to expolit africa during slavery ?
However,democracy is never going to wrk in a tribalized and polarized country like libya,all it's going to end up is another sh.ithole like Nigeria where poverty and crisis reign !
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tpia5: 6:30am On Aug 22, 2011
the fact is i doubt you can dislodge a ruler who's been there for 40+ years, without it getting bloody.

always easier if there's been a revolving door ie "democracy" all along.

imagine a leader in nigeria being forcibly removed after 40 years of holding on to power.

na bloodbath be that, on an unprecedented level.

the country will split into thousands of little pieces.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 22, 2011
50 years of democracy,what has Nigeria achieved if not corruption and all the rubbish flying about ? Fact is,libya will be worst off after ghadaffi than before !
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by itiswell1(m): 6:52am On Aug 22, 2011
tpia@:

the fact is i doubt you can dislodge a ruler who's been there for 40+ years, without it getting bloody.

always easier if there's been a revolving door ie "democracy" all along.

imagine a leader in nigeria being forcibly removed after 40 years of holding on to power.

na bloodbath be that, on an unprecedented level.

the country will split into thousands of little pieces.

We shall see.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 22, 2011
it is well:

We shall see.

Abi o. . .How has Iraq changed since the same west killed saddam ? Iraq is worse off with the constant bombings between sunnis and shiites !
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Jettage: 7:30am On Aug 22, 2011
Jubilant Libyan rebels have moved from the west into the centre of the capital, Tripoli, as Muammar Gaddafi's sons and defenders lose their grip on the state.

Thousands of euphoric civilians rushed out of their homes to cheer the long convoys of pickup trucks packed with fighters shooting in the air.

The rebels' surprising and speedy leap forward, after six months of largely deadlocked civil war, was packed into just a few dramatic hours.

By nightfall on Sunday, they had advanced more than 32km to Tripoli.

Ajeezera

Pictures from Libya,
http://akinbami..com/2011/08/pictures-from-libya-tripoli-stronghold.html
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by White007(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2011
Tyrants and despotic leaders never learn from history, and they Finlay becomes history themselves.

Saddam, Ben Ali, Mubarak, Gbagbo and now Ghaddafi. Assad should watch out retrace his steps, if not he would end up like his fellow tyrant.

Anatomy of a tyrant.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by tony451: 8:15am On Aug 22, 2011
Does NIgeria really have a functioning democracy?
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by kodewrita(m): 8:22am On Aug 22, 2011
And now the dominoes start falling.

Expecting to see more african tyrants fall (lots of them propped up by libyan cash e.g Chad, Gambia).

I couldnt care less whether NATO removed him or the rebels.

All that matters is that he's gone and one more Arab nation is free of tyrants.

All eyes on Assad now.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by freepeople: 8:46am On Aug 22, 2011
[size=16pt]Libyan rebels in Tripoli. . . . Should the transfer of power in Africa continue to be like this?[/size]

Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by jamace(m): 8:57am On Aug 22, 2011
When a man fails to learn a lesson from another man's downfall, his downfall will become a lesson for others.
Adieu Gadaffi.

Other African leaders, take note now!
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by marcus1234: 9:17am On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by redsun(m): 10:02am On Aug 22, 2011
I hope Libya don't turn out to be another iraq.Saddam in his own mixture of everything was able to keep the islamists on check but as soon as he left iraq became haven for heartless fundamentalism.

As bad as Gaddafi could have been,his people weren't that impoverished and he managed to keep all in check,especially the islamist fundamentalists.Anything is better than fundamental islamism and tribal wars fuelled by the imperialists.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by honeric01(m): 10:31am On Aug 22, 2011
As long as Libya is better off than the biggest Democracy in Africa, Nigeria, i prefer a Gaddaffi to most Nigerian presidents.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by LoveKing(m): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2011
U.S.A is the tyrant, NATO is the tyrant. We all should stand behind Gadaffi. U.S.A doesnt want a United States of Africa
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by hbrednic: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2011
i weep for libya,
see how NATO raped a very small african.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2011
Gaddafi - Free housing, Free health, Free education
Democracy - Nothing is free. The capitalists take it all.

I can't really see the point in NATO's intervention except that prophesy has to be fulfilled. Libya will only be as free as Iran and I don't know if that will mean more freedom than when Gaddafi is their leader.

Egypt and Libya would  align with Iran. They will all be Islamic republics
Germany would rise to become the leader of the Europeans Union superstate ( UK would likely leave the Union)
Germany led Europe will clash with Iran and its allies. And Germany would win.
It's quite interesting to see how things unfold.
Catholicism would be reintroduced in Europe and many Christians would be killed
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by nolongTing: 11:25am On Aug 22, 2011
belabela:

I can't really see the point in NATO's intervention except that prophesy has to be fulfilled. Libya will only be as free as Iran and I don't know if that will mean more freedom than when Gaddafi is their leader.

Germany would rise to become the leader of the Europeans Union superstate ( UK would likely leave the Union)

grin grin grin grin Mr Future, what will happen to our beloved Africa?
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 22, 2011
@ nolongTing

lol
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by emmatok(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2011
belabela:

So because Gaddafi is giving Libyans free this free that.

Then Gaddafi should be allowed to rule forever.

One i know is that 80% of Libyans, want Gaddafi out, and what the Libyans do with western countries is their business.

Since we Nigerians want to live in the comfort of our corruption, we will continue to suffer.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by sadyeek(m): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2011
I feel for Libya.

Obviously the peace could possibly never come, loyalist of Qaddafi would be bitter.
Rebels, thugs ruling a country! How??

Its just so sad!

How can rebels be supported, armed with fire power, funds  and intelligence and what have you? It sounds absolutely ridiculous. Yet no body sees anything wrong with it?

[size=22pt]Please NATO after Libya, come to Nigeria next arm and finance MEND so that they take over the country and people who have been sent back home from various countries around the world for disorderly conduct, can rule us to a better state and annihilate corroption [/size]

Just imagine what Nigeria would look like in that scenario, apply it to post Qaddafi Libya.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by kodewrita(m): 11:42am On Aug 22, 2011
LoveKing:

U.S.A is the tyrant, NATO is the tyrant. We all should stand behind Gadaffi. U.S.A doesnt want a United States of Africa
We dont want that too.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by omofat: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2011
belabela:

hahahahahahahahahahaha,

Na wa for your crystal ball ooo
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by emmatok(m): 11:56am On Aug 22, 2011
LoveKing:

honeric01:

As long as Libya is better off than the biggest Democracy in Africa, Nigeria, i prefer a Gaddaffi to most Nigerian presidents.

I am not surprised since you Nigerians.

So Gaddaffi should be allowed to rule Lybia forever.

Well the Libyans knows better.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by sadyeek(m): 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
One i know is that 80% of  Libyans, want  Gaddafi out, and what the  Libyans do with western countries is their business.

I belive this is just wester media figures, which is far from the reality on ground. Just like how uncle jonah say single digit infflation stats while if u enter market. E don nearly enter tripple figures. Lol! (Hypotetically)

So because  Gaddafi is giving Libyans free this free that.

Then  Gaddafi should be allowed to rule forever.

What else ccould they want again? Be honest, if you could get thoes things in nigeria wouldn't you want the person to be there for 100years?

Just my own opinion sha!
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by kodewrita(m): 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2011
sadyeek:

I belive this is just wester media figures, which is far from the reality on ground. Just like how uncle jonah say single digit infflation stats while if u enter market. E don nearly enter tripple figures. Lol! (Hypotetically)

What else ccould they want again? Be honest, if you could get thoes things in nigeria wouldn't you want the person to be there for 100years?

Just my own opinion sha!

I wont. Why will someone just keep ruling me forever? Does that mean there are no better individuals? Every nigerian should have equal right to contest for the post not have some1's family rule forever.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by honeric01(m): 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2011
@emmatok

Yes i want that as long as he's providing what a leader should provide for his own people.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by ljila(f): 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2011
Builder:

finny bro. God bless u with your reasoning, i see another iraq in libya,  the west know what they are doing, they just gonna disstabilise libya, kill its people and invade her resources like iraq, ,  those rebel are criminals , despoiler and evil people and with them having this weapons, tell me how they will be surrendered back. thats all the west wants, divide and rule and they seem to be suceeding cos libya like iraq have many tribes and religious sect. during the time of gadaffi, they had free education, medical care, uninterrppted power suppply, emplyment and good standard of living,  libya had no debt,  but now, i forsee car bomb exploding like xmas bangars.
t[b]o be perfectly hinest, i am disappointed in obama[/b]. so far he has been as useless as a used condon,  so much for hope then
WORD!!
Bolded-Seconded! Difference between him and Bush right now to me seems to be in skin colour and political party. I remeber 1 of his campaing promises was to take thr troops out of Iraq, instead, he´s gone into another war.  grin

@ Tony_450: "He was the one that threatened to level Benghazi in the first place before" Did he actually carry out the threat? Assad is KILLING his people and all they are doing is calling for him to stop and banning oil imports and bla bla bla? How many times did they call on Ghadaffi to step down? And i am yet to see video evidence of Ghaddaffi killing his people pro Nato invasion. Any link but the biased Aljazeera and Western media that are probably highly censored would clarify the doubts i have.
P.S - I´m not Pro-Ghaddaffi, i don´t like his greed for power buthe´s done so many good things for His people & i dont like the way he`s being vilified.  If the  Libyan people decide this is the best for them,its their choice.
So much for democracy ai, how many Americans and British people were calling on their President and Prime Minister respectively to solve their problems back home and not go into any war, did they listen? Is this the freedom of speech that the Libyan people desperately want? Why haven´t ICC issued arrest warrants for Bush and Blair for the people killed when no WMD were found?
Time will reveal NATO´s true movtive sha. The truth cannot be supressed forever.  smiley
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by honeric01(m): 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
ljila:

WORD!!
Bolded-Seconded! Difference between him and Bush right now to me seems to be in skin colour and political party. I remeber 1 of his campaing promises was to take thr troops out of Iraq, instead, he´s gone into another war.  grin

@ Tony_450: "He was the one that threatened to level Benghazi in the first place before" Did he actually carry out the threat? Assad is KILLING his people and all they are doing is calling for him to stop and banning oil imports and bla bla bla? How many times did they call on Ghadaffi to step down? And i am yet to see video evidence of Ghaddaffi killing his people pro Nato invasion. Any link but the biased Aljazeera and Western media that are probably highly censored would clarify the doubts i have.
P.S - I´m not Pro-Ghaddaffi, i don´t like his greed for power buthe´s done so many good things for His people & i dont like the way he`s being vilified.  If the  Libyan people decide this is the best for them,its their choice.
So much for democracy ai, how many Americans and British people were calling on their President and Prime Minister respectively to solve their problems back home and not go into any war, did they listen? Is this the freedom of speech that the Libyan people desperately want? Why haven´t ICC issued arrest warrants for Bush and Blair for the people killed when no WMD were found?
Time will reveal NATO´s true movtive sha. The truth cannot be supressed forever.  smiley

Even when the motive of invading Iraq was made known, WHAT HAPPENED? did anybody get arrested? Did Blair, Bush get arrested for killing thousands of people in Iraq?
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by sadyeek(m): 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2011
WORD!!
Bolded-Seconded! Difference between him and Bush right now to me seems to be in skin colour and political party. I remeber 1 of his campaing promises was to take thr troops out of Iraq, instead, he´s gone into another war.  

Time will reveal NATO´s true movtive sha. The truth cannot be supressed forever.  

On point!

Just so sad, Well, I guess one never really knows how good he has it til he has lost it.
Re: Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital by ljila(f): 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
honeric01:

Even when the motive of invading Iraq was made known, WHAT HAPPENED? did anybody get arrested? Did Blair, Bush get arrested for killing thousands of people in Iraq?
NOTHING!  Maybe because they were leading their countries under a "democratic regime" so could not have made a bad decision, la di dah,
Its ironic that when the london riots started, David Cameron tooks a few days before calling off his holiday to come and talk. Now, he´s interupted his Cornwall holiday to chair a meeting related to the happenings in Libya?
What baffles me is that with all these actions, people seem to think that NATO are just there for Libya´s best interest. Anyhoooo, The truth cannot be supressed forever  smiley

sadyeek:

On point!

Just so sad, Well, I guess one never really knows how good he has it til he has lost it.
A toh, tje Libyans will soon find out if they made the right decision. Good luck to them, they are gonna need it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Last Picture Of Adolf Hitler Before His Death. / Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. / Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.