Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,617 members, 7,911,610 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:07 PM

Mirror Boy Rakes In Over N12m In One Week - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mirror Boy Rakes In Over N12m In One Week (1052 Views)

Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive / Mirror Boy Film Faces Controversy / Mirror Boy Makes Over N12million In First Week! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mirror Boy Rakes In Over N12m In One Week by aloyemeka2: 3:00am On Aug 22, 2011
[size=14pt]Mirror Boy rakes in over N12m in one week[/size]
By Samuel Olatunji
Sunday, August 21, 2011

The movie, Mirror Boy, prior to its arrival in Nigeria, was premiered at the prestigious Empire Leicester Square in London, making it the first African movie to be premiere in such venue. This earned it a lot of praises and achievements, placing the Nigerian movie industry on the world stage.

In Ghana, Mirror Boy reigned to become the highest selling movie ever in Ghanaian cinemas. Having succeeded abroad, nobody doubted that Mirror Boy would succeed in Nigeria, but not at the rate the movie is impacting on Nigerian cinemas in so short a time. Only in its second week, Mirror Boy has garnered over N10 million in ticket sales from cinemas across Nigeria.

However, earning such amount would not come as a surprise, because the movie, since its remarkable premiere at the Silverbird Galleria on August 5, 2011, has garnered a lot of accoldes from movie industry stakeholders and lovers in general.
When asked to comment on the success of Mirror Boy, producer, Obi Emelonye said, “I am extremely glad. It is my desire that Mirror Boy’s success in Nigeria surpasses the movie’s earlier successes, because this is the homecoming of the movie. With Mirror Boy, I think we can further show the world that Nigeria is capable of making good movies.”

The film, which was written, produced and directed by Obi Emelonye, is made up of a multi-talented cast with the likes of Nigeria’s Genevieve Nnaji and Osita Iheme, The Gambia’s Fatima Jabbe, and Uganda’s Edward Kagutuzi. The movie revolves around the life of a 12-year-old London-born African boy, Tijani, who was sent back to his country of origin by his mother when he was involved in a street fight.

Things take a dramatic turn when he gets lost in a crowded market in The Gambia after witnessing an apparition in the mirror, which leads him on a journey of self-discovery through the forest and later re-emerges with a greater appreciation of his homeland and a better understanding of his relationship with the father he never met.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showbiz/2011/aug/21/showbiz-21-08-2011-002.html
Re: Mirror Boy Rakes In Over N12m In One Week by kandiikane(m): 3:09am On Aug 22, 2011
Did I tell you majority of the movie was done in my country. It's the Gambian aura in the movie that is why it raked that amount. Ahaha cool

(1) (Reply)

Movies You Are Looking Forward To... / Nollywood Working On First Ever 3D Movie Starring Jackie Appiah / BAFTA: How I Write (series For Screenwriters)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.