Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,294 members, 7,900,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians (46899 Views)

Teachers Beat Me A Lot Because I Avoided School Farm - President Buhari / Amaechi: Under Buhari, Nigerians Are Hungry, Poverty Is Growing — Premium Times / Stop Your Campaigns For My Re-election For Now, Buhari Tells Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by CheapHomes1: 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2022
Spandau:

It is Buhari that spoke, not Tinubu. It is Buhari that made promises,not Tinubu. Same way Labor Party and it's big wigs are pushing Obi was the same way APC and Tinubu pushed Buhari. Tinubu is not responsible for Buhari's policies and maladministration. If you want to blame anyone,blame the sitting president. Blame the North for their inability to call their son to order.

Let me get you right. Tinubu isn't responsible for Buhari's policies and maladministration but he is responsible for Lagos from 1999 till date?

Since you acknowledge that buhari failed, why did Tinubu still promote him in 2019?
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by eagleu: 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
Go to the farm, and get killed by Fulani herdsmen?
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Bizibi(m): 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
deji17:

The Fulani thing was politicised. You know it, I know it. The rice been produced and consumed in this country comes from the same place you claim is under the Fulani. Yes, there are security challenges, but that is not to say that farmers are not thriving. Gradually, normalcy is returning , fewer " Fulani stories" etc.
*sigh*
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by deji17: 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Pls how are the farmers thriving? Are consumers of these farmers also thriving? What is your experience buying rice? Is your pocket thriving or you are a dependent?

I am part of the Agriculture value chain. And I know I am thriving despite the challenges.
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by CheapHomes1: 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2022
ask4bk:
As funny as it sounds, buhari is actually very right here.
Farming is a huge untapped area that will keep millions earning lots of cash while feeding the nation.

The only problem is insecurity. That alone has stopped many farmers this year.
If this is conquered, Nigerians need to stop being lazy and go into farms.

Since you say nigerians are lazy, do you have a farm you are presently running and operating?

Pls what is the first thing an aspiring farmer needs?
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Devil1Messenger: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
madridguy:
Majority of Buhari's critics are functional illiterates. They lack knowledge and understanding. Buhari has done so much with the little money we have.

Thank you Sai Baba.
If u know the debt we are in
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Bizibi(m): 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
Can't just wait for this man to leave office next year. What a disaster!!! Some stupid people are still supporting......*sigh*
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Oyindamsax(m): 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
Na cattle farm I dey target for now. Make I enter one Kara/sabo carry two cows commit, make military carry my matter for gov grin
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by CheapHomes1: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
deji17:

I am part of the Agriculture value chain. And I know I am thriving despite the challenges.

You haven't answered my questions.

Pls how are the farmers thriving? Are consumers of these farmers also thriving? What is your experience buying rice? Is your pocket thriving or you are a dependent?
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Grandmeister(m): 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
all4win:
President Bihari is 100% right, we must consider going into farming
When a bag of fertiliser now goes for 20k from the initial 4K? When many villages and farmers were told by femi adesina to “give up their lands for peace to reign”. Do you think other countries survive on subsistence farming? How many power tools and equipment does that government purchase, train and distribute to farms in thei entire country? How many grain storing silos does the country have? And with which power supply will they use to maintain the perishables?

The education you guys get in Nigeria is a total sham! The only difference between you and a none formally educated person is that you can read and write abcd….

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by grandstar(m): 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
This is why the Naira is heading to N1, 000 to a dollar!

Nigerians should pick up farming to quench hunger?How does that end hunger? You think say farmers no dey hungry? Has you househelp ever returned from his village after holiday fat? They are usually much leaner.

The primary cause of hunger isn't a lack of food. It is actually a lack of money. Poverty is the primary cause of hunger. That's why malnourished and severely malnourished children are still plenty today in India despite not its capability to feed itself and even have surplus for export.

Contrast this with China which has vastly increased its import of food over the last 2 decades but its people are well fed. It's because China is now a fairly prosperous place. It claims to have no chronically poor people but I doubt this.

With Nigeria being the poverty capital of the world, it is therefore no surprise people are starving.

For agriculture to truly boom in Nigeria, agriculture productivity needs to increase greatly and this will lead to less workers needed on the farms and not more.

What the country needs now is a job creating boom. This will provide wages for people to buy food.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by BABANGBALI: 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
successmatters:
APC is a punishment sent from hell.
I tell you
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by KunGioKehRah: 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
Wey Fulani herdsmen dey uproot our yams and cassava to feed their cows?

Wey then dey carry guns shoot you if you wan fight with them inside your farm ontop your own crops that you planted?

They told me not to vote for Buhari, na me no hear!
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Oyiboman69: 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
buhariguy:
did boko haram also sack you from your farmland
Just shut up please
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by jaxxy(m): 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
where are even the farms?
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by headboyprince(m): 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kavod:

You know wetin de pain me for NIGERIANS? Tell them say make them plant even the head of yams when them de chop, them go say no BUT them wan cry over the same cost of yams.
But tell them say yahoo go pay if them run one of two DIABOLIC ACTS, oya na.... them go wan die put. That's NIGERIANS are addicted to spending and consumption. Wetin concern me with price of chicken when I buy 50 since may and them huge, wetin concern me with yam when be 1500 when I planted 30. And I have very limited space. The same chicken from DEC 15TH would be 15k and above for one and them go de complain. My friend make una run enter farm. NONSENSE AND INGREDIENTS.

okay yahoo boys only live in the south, northerners farm very well, they should stop looking for oil money. Bubu should live by example and leave aso rock to farm... cheesy. allow the south to go oh you northerners form your own country, you have enough food to eat. let the south die of hunger... lol...

lets see how the north with all their farming will cope without the south grin
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by pacespot(m): 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
The same farm where farmers are being killed by bandits and herdsmen. Who betrothed this disaster on Nigeria?
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Advocate500: 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

Obidients and their shallow and bitter soul

Why can’t Nigeria feed herself.

The Ukraine you see today has been one of the biggest wheat grower and exporter since the early 19th century.

Any serious country must fulfill her self sufficiency first before any other

Take the message and leave the messenger
is that a harmful prayer? Y don't you say amen to what you believe in and move on?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Aguiyimba(m): 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2022
madridguy:
Majority of Buhari's critics are functional illiterates. They lack knowledge and understanding. Buhari has done so much with the little money we have.

Thank you Sai Baba.

You might be enjoying from this present government that made you to reject the truth when you see it, tomorrow fit be the turn of your children to cry.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by romenna: 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2022
hahahaha upon everytin buhari don do una, una go still vote tinubu and apc abi
hahahahaha
hahahahahah
hahahahahaha
in fact
hahahahahah
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Brushstrokes20: 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2022
IF YOU ARE SICK, GET TREATED IN NIGERIAN HOSPITAL! undecided lipsrsealed
Shameless animal in human skin undecided
Deranged dingbat with brainless followers undecided
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by deji17: 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered my questions.

Farmers are thriving because they are able to sell their products at good profits. The price of Rice is what I can afford because I am part of the production, processing and transporting process. As a consumer of a product, you can also join in the production. Nothing forbids you from doing that and in the process, you will be solving the problem for your self and for others as well.
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by door2(m): 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2022
But sir, ur children are kidnapping us.
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by AsawanaDgreat: 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2022
Sai baba
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by phyl123: 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2022
A big hypocrite, why doesn’t he do his medical check up in Nigeria. You have got to lead by example.
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by babstide(m): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2022
Can someone tell this slowpoke that his family members are stopping us from going into the bush to farm.
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by yerimastyle(m): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2022
The corn harvesters party thier children enjoys while you urchins go to farm
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Prettygirl200(f): 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2022
Grandmeister:

Don’t bet on that, even if Nigerians somehow saw this ahead they will still vote buhari. Tell me what buhari ever did in the past to make people believe he could do any better than Jonathan?
1. He was a military dictator and a coup plotter
2. He plunged Nigeria into her first recession, Nigeria didn’t even go into recession during the civil war.
3. He was never involved in nation building after being ousted from power.
4. He didn’t try to enhance his education and economical know-how like his mates did.

Tell me what in the 7 hells did this man possess to make Nigerians even believe he had something to offer.the history,signs and evidence was always out there for all to see.
you see, you see, I wasn't among those that actually voted him den na wa oooo
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Peachy14: 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2022
We should go to the farm so that you will send bandit and Fulani herdsmen after us ko? God is watching.
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by grandstar(m): 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2022
madridguy:

Thank you Sai Baba.

Name one economist who supports Buharis economic policies especially his fx interventionist policies that has not only devastated the Naira but the economy as well..

Lamido Sanusi has been a tireless critic of PMB policies ever since he assumed office. Charles Soludo and Pat Utomi have also joined hands in condemning them.

All the 3 leading presidential contestants have said they will make the Naira flexible once again. This will spell the nemesis of his most useless policy.

Read below

https://www.nairaland.com/4861949/lamido-sanusi-laments-buharis-economic
Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Ogunleti01: 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
madridguy:

Thank you Sai Baba.
And you be systemic illiterate

1 Like

Re: If You Are Hungry, Go To The Farm - President Buhari Tells Nigerians by Lionnation: 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2022
Thinkam:
Manjo, just do your final service to the north and evacuate for Atiku You've done your bit.

Atiku is coming
and another northern candidate takes over and continue another round of service to the north, bros reason na,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari Was The 2nd Target Of The Bomb Blast In Kaduna / Unidentified Man Ordered Out Of His SUV And Shot Dead On The Road In Enugu / Dolapo Osinbajo Picking Vegetables From Her Garden (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.