Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,726 members, 7,948,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:07 AM

Are There Negatives? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are There Negatives? (324 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are There Negatives? by QuinModah(f): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2022
/Japa/
Literally means to run.
This term is used (by Nigerians) for people who have left their home country to a different one in search for better opportunities.

From my experience alone in the last 5 years, about 150 professionals have migrated from my former office back home (in Nigeria) to a different country. This number is from one office alone. Majority of these people are doing the same work they were doing back home while a very few others are studying.

While the numbers can appear staggering, I believe this is an advantage for not just the individuals involved that have migrated but also for their extended families and loved ones, the company they left and the country at large. How? See some advantages below.

1. These professionals get better quality experience and exposure. For any professional, experience is everything.

2. Their families are better off because they're in a better place to provide assistance - black tax.

3. The company they left can tap on the power of alumni to increase their bottom line as well as get referrals from them for good replacements.

4. The country enjoys funds repatriation and increase in employment for its teeming unemployed population. From what I hear, the high standard entry requirement for entry level and experienced professionals is now lowered and these replacements are thriving.

Are there negatives? Maybe. But when next we think of Japa, let's think of the positives because it's the only way to take advantage of what we can do little or nothing about. People will always migrate to where there are better opportunities.
Re: Are There Negatives? by Naijaepic: 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2022
Hey @QuinModah,
Trust you doing great!

Sorry, this is unrelated to the current topic.
You left the following comment

QuinModah:
Yes, kindly call the number in my profile the person will give you the information you require. Happy Sunday

on this thread, https://www.nairaland.com/7362890/journey-building-two-bedroom-apartment/12#117407941

I have check for the contact you made mentioned, I can not find it. I will appreciate if I can be link up with the fellow.

Thanks
Re: Are There Negatives? by QuinModah(f): 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
check my profile again and call the number attached. They will respond to all your questions or drop your mail
Naijaepic:
Hey @QuinModah,
Trust you doing great!

Sorry, this is unrelated to the current topic.
You left the following comment

on this thread, https://www.nairaland.com/7362890/journey-building-two-bedroom-apartment/12#117407941

I have check for the contact you made mentioned, I can not find it. I will appreciate if I can be link up with the fellow.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Job Opening: Logistics Officer / Deposit Mobilization Officer / Market Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.