Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,348 members, 7,881,286 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:54 PM

King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible (778 Views)

Pepple: Our Candidate is not ready, I remain LP Chairman in Rivers State / Breaking! Tension As Ijaw Finima Secedes From Bonny / The Man Who Came Back From Bonny To Bury His Inlaw And Was Arrested Released! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by EmmaJnr1: 11:55am On Nov 06, 2022
King Pepple from Bonny requesting through a letter to the queen that an Igbo bible be created for his people.
Fejoku
OfoIgbo
Slayerforever

This is how the Union Bible was created, Bonny Igbo was even collected first.

Here comes another bomb.
Source: The Ibo and Ibibio-speaking peoples of south-eastern Nigeria,
Author: Daryll Forde; G I Jones
Publisher: London, New York, Published for the International African Institute by Oxford University Press, 1950

courtesy : Igbo History FB

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by illicit(m): 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
Kwa iboe

1 Like

Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by BossGerald: 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
What's the name of this book?
Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by EmmaJnr1: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2022
BossGerald:

What's the name of this book?

Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by EmmaJnr1: 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
I love my Ibibio and Efik brothers and sisters so much. look at Idara gold, in prison since last year because she is a Biafran.https://www.nairaland.com/7391599/idara-gold-biafran-akwaibomite-brought

No inch of Biafra land and Igbo land would be lost. All Biafrans must be free. We all will get to the promise land BIAFRA

8 Likes

Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by owobokiri(m): 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2022
The federal government used some willing ijaw clans to try some sort of ethnic recalibration of the riverine Igbo communities post Nigeria Biafra war. It's the offsprings of these ijaw beneficiaries of this heinous agenda that you see here everyday, trying to desperately rewrite the clear history of these towns as they work to uproot their Igbo heritage... These are the same set of people that encouraged the "abandoned property" saga in other to domesticate these same ijaw land grabbers in Port Harcourt main towns as payments for their pro federal government war stand.

8 Likes

Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by sreamsense: 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by EmmaJnr1: 12:23pm On Nov 06, 2022
sreamsense:
you don't understand. some of you here does not have a matured brain, that is why I have stopped replying many of you. Didnt you read that Bony was a,major slave trade market and largely peopled I.e populated and owned or controlled by Igbos

its just like going to Onitsha market which is the largest in west Africa to do your trade. Then even your father can take you from any part of the South Eastern region to the slave market in bony and sell you there. Even people from bonny are sold there too but Igbo's slaves are much because Igbo has the highest population in the south Eastern area. So the slave trade big market was in bonny which is part of Igboland and highly peopled by the igbos. Even bonny king wanted the creation of Igbo bible in bonny then, do you know what that means?

please I don't have time to type much...many people here no get matured brain to understand and learn.

the picture you see below is igboland before the 19th century

1 Like

Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by Emperormartin(m): 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2022
The way Nigeria implants Divide and rule system to south south against south east is what I can't fathom...

If history was being studied in school everyone living in south south would know that there have been relations between south east and south south right from 16th century... This was even before transatlantic slave trade started...

The northerners knows this that's why they're against the old eastern region to unite.

It's a pity

1 Like

Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by OfoIgbo: 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
King Pepple from Bonny requesting through a letter to the queen that an Igbo bible be created for his people.
Fejoku
OfoIgbo
Slayerforever

This is how the Union Bible was created, Bonny Igbo was even collected first.

Here comes another bomb.
Source: The Ibo and Ibibio-speaking peoples of south-eastern Nigeria,
Author: Daryll Forde; G I Jones
Publisher: London, New York, Published for the International African Institute by Oxford University Press, 1950

courtesy : Igbo History FB

Now note the sentence that goes thus

The first missions to be established in Ibo country were the C.M.S at Onitsha in 1856 and Bishop Crowther's at Bonny in 1864.

As you can glean from the above sentence, Bonny was clearly considered an Igbo territory by neutral observers back in the days, before landgrabbers started implementing their evil designs.

Alabo7978
Eastlink
Pazienza
Ekealterego

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by Alabo7978(m): 9:55am On Nov 07, 2022
OfoIgbo:

The first missions to be established in Ibo country were the C.M.S at Onitsha in 1856 and Bishop Crowther's at Bonny in 1864.

As you can glean from the above sentence, Bonny was clearly considered an Igbo territory by neutral observers back in the days, before landgrabbers started implementing their evil designs.

Alabo7978
Eastlink
Pazienza
Ekealterego
Mumu.
Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by Ekealterego: 12:14am On Feb 15, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Alabo7978
Eastlink
Pazienza
Ekealterego
This is 100 percent fact.
Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by Ojiofor: 12:25am On Feb 15, 2023
The Biafra war defeat dealt a heavy blow to the once great Igbo nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: King Pepple From Bonny Requesting Creation Of Igbo Bible by Alabo7978(m): 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ofoigbo don't mention me in your stupid thread.
The British can never ever ever tell about the history and culture of a people, such low level of lowness and inferiority complex by you clowns grasping on straws and outdated fallacy. The aminadokiari-kolokuma fishermen who settled at the creeks and imo river lands of Ndoki and made there a fishing settlements had relations with these women to birth the ndokis you know today.
Migrant fishermen are notorious for migrating off to find new settlements and moving with the tides. This is the reason your NNAHMENTV went to Ndoki communities in Rivers and Akwaibom and they gave him the shock of his life by telling you how they came from okoloba kiri a town in Kolokuma.
Sadly these ngwa asa women raised their kids when their fathers left to find Bonny and some settlements in kalabari, however some of them trooped down to look for their fathers.
I already explained this

https://www.nairaland.com/7393389/late-eze-sylvanus-ononankume-vi#117766976

It contains interviews of reputable Kings and chiefs of Ndoki buttressing this fact.

Below is another.

https://www.nairaland.com/6911155/ndokis-say

For the reason that this kids were raised by their Asa mothers who spoke to them the language they speak now doesn't mean they don't know their history (just as the late Ononankume VI said)

I wonder why nairaland always prevent me from posting more of these histories, and how the Brits manipulated things to weaken the Izon city states that stood against their selfishness... Reason why they inatigated the divide and rule by placing the western and some part of central izon into awolowo's western Yoruba region, and dividing the eastern izon and some part of central into the biafran(Eastern region) just to weaken us as purnishment because we were an indipendent and advanced people who resisted British domination (Koko of Nembe, Jaja of Opuboama, abuge edom of Abua, the allied forces of egbema etc. To further hold Nigeria in strings they divided us and kept power far away because they knew the Izon will smell their manipulation and try to cut the strings.
Divide and rule did more harm to us than anyone else. We are in 6 states yet we are minorities in most except Bayelsa and rivers.
Izon is bigger than your baby tribe. Your tribe is a fusion of igala in the north, benin in the west, ibibio in the east and izon in the south. In every community with a river in ala-igbo, izon people discovered. Keep mastub#ting with your stoopideety and keep deceiving yourself. Soon Ndoki will learn Ibani-egere, in the future all those oru-igbo communities in orlu and along the imo river in imo state will unite with their Ijo heritage.
Don't mention me again because I am too busy to engage you all.

(1) (Reply)

Keyamo Claims Tinubu’s “balabloo-blu-bulava” Misspeak Is Sense Of Humour / See Ranking Of All Nigerian States By Economy / Biafra Or A Better Nigeria, Which Way Forward? By Magnus Oraka (please Comment)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.