Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! (828 Views)

I Just Wrote My First JS Function ;D / Javascript:how Do I Use drawBox Function.. / Brain Teaser: Recursive Anonymous Function Expression Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by damaria: 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2022
Hello all,

I do not know how user authentication is implemented on nairaland but I sure as hell know it is done poorly because, how on earth would you log out of your account and be locked out forever??

Even after several password reset, it still didn't result in a successful login.

Just for the record, I tried doing a search to see if anyone else had experienced this in the past. It turns out this is not a new or an isolated case. To my surprise, this has been a problem since as far back as 2015!!
https://www.nairaland.com/2227223/how-log-into-nairaland-account
https://www.nairaland.com/3608718/cant-log-nairaland-account

Before you come here to offer your advice, please know that I've tried different means to get this to work, it turns out Oga Seun just didn't do a good job with the authentication. He has even left complaints from 7 years ago unattended to! I just think he can do better cos it just makes it look like nothing works in Nigeria, even the blog sites cheesy
Nairaland can do better.
Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by CodingSoft: 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2022
Clear you browser cache and try again
Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by damaria: 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2022
Before you come here to offer your advice, please know that I've tried different means to get this to work
@CodingSoft
I've done that severally. Even tried multiple browsers and devices, yet no login.
Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by Sleekcode: 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2022
That's one man business company for u.

Seun is the only one who manages the codes of Nairaland apart from his mods.

He's a stingy simp man who isn't progressive and knows very little about running a business.

Nairaland actual members are like 300k users and 50k active.

60% of people here got more than 2 accounts.

20% got more than 5 accounts.

10% got more than 7

5% the spammers got more than 50 accounts.

Then the remaining 5 are the users with only one account.

It's crazy.

Nairaland would have been bigger than this.

It's now a pile of trash filled with tribalistic and hate filled individuals.

One can't even share meaningful information here again without getting bashed.

The owner of this platform doesn't even reward those who would like to create meaningful threads or topic.

This is basically a blog site now.

Some sections are 100% dead and non functional as we speak. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by damaria: 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2022
@Sleekcode
Your points are mostly true.

I just don't understand why an issue that was first raised about 7-8 years ago haven't received any attention.

It's so crazy

He's just profiting off the ad placements.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by Seun(m): 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2022
After you run your mouth when I say ok I want to recruit programmers, obviously I won't hire a rude person.

If you think the login function has been broken since 2015 and the site has continued to run I have a bridge to sell you.

Don't bring the agbero behaviour of twitter to this shared space.

9 Likes

Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by Seun(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2022
damaria:
Hello all,

I do not know how user authentication is implemented on nairaland but I sure as hell know it is done poorly because, how on earth would you log out of your account and be locked out forever??

Even after several password reset, it still didn't result in a successful login.

Just for the record, I tried doing a search to see if anyone else had experienced this in the past. It turns out this is not a new or an isolated case. To my surprise, this has been a problem since as far back as 2015!!
https://www.nairaland.com/2227223/how-log-into-nairaland-account
https://www.nairaland.com/3608718/cant-log-nairaland-account

Before you come here to offer your advice, please know that I've tried different means to get this to work, it turns out Oga Seun just didn't do a good job with the authentication. He has even left complaints from 7 years ago unattended to! I just think he can do better cos it just makes it look like nothing works in Nigeria, even the blog sites cheesy
Nairaland can do better.

It seems obvious that we can't investigate without knowing the username that's having this issue. Can you provide it?
Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by Luckydonalds(m): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
Seun:
After you run your mouth when I say ok I want to recruit programmers, obviously I won't hire a rude person.

If you think the login function has been broken since 2015 and the site has continued to run I have a bridge to sell you.

Please Seun, we need an active mod in this programming section. The current one is very inactive or is not interested (seems he's busy with moderating other sections and is neglecting this section) and this section is always in haywire. There are so many spam accounts that come and reply to there own posts everyday to push their threads to the top of this section.
Some others are loose with words and are always quick to insult others.

Please, appoint another mod. I'm sure you'll see this but I'm betting on the one chance that you wouldn't ignore it, please restore sanity to this section just like how serene the travel section is.

Justwise is doing a very good job in the travel section. The travel section and this section are the only sections I visit and I can easily see the difference between both.

P.S - If you eventually decide to listen to my plea, please choose a programmer as a mod not someone who isn't remotely interested in programming. Thank you

On another note, I would like to change my moniker, can you help me do that? I'd really appreciate.
Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by ISTP: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2022
Seun:

Omoh! And I thought Oga Seun issa quiet sombori.

On a second thought, might be his P.A that posted this joor.

Oga Seun, dunno why I can't change my email linked to this same Nairaland account.

Here is a screenshot of the response whenever I want to change my email.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by Seun(m): 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2022
ISTP:
Oga Seun, dunno why I can't change my email linked to this same Nairaland account.

Here is a screenshot of the response whenever I want to change my email.
Yeah we need to review the security of that feature.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by CodeTemplar: 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2022
Lol... they be complaining and be opening account every two weeks. Apt response from Seun to that multi user account troll. Provide the user account having the issue since it cannot be the one posting about it.
Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by ISTP: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2022
Seun:

Noted!

With all due respect, please, mention me when it's resolved.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Login Function Is Faulty! by airsaylongcome: 8:42am On Nov 13, 2022
Seun:

Do you still code actively? Or are you more in the strategy side of the business?

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Wise Decision? / Change Of Bank Account Phone Number / @ Mod(dual Core)assistance Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.