Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,459 members, 7,978,495 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:23 AM

What's The Purpose Of Life ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Purpose Of Life ? (560 Views)

What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? / The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Purpose Of Life ? by SeniorMan715(m): 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2022
Have you ever wondered if there is more to life than just playing, working, marrying, raising a family, and growing old? Does life have some meaning?
King Solomon gathered enormous wealth and pursued pleasure but found that those things brought no lasting sense of purpose. He identified what brought real purpose in life when he wrote: “The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man.” (Ecclesiastes 12:13)
First, we have to ask, How did life begin? After considering the remarkable design of our brain and the rest of our body, you have to conclude that a wise Creator is behind it all. Psalm 139:14. If so, then he must have made us for a reason! Learning that reason can add great meaning to our life. Why were humans created? God blessed the first human pair and gave them a thrilling assignment. His purpose was for them to fill the earth, make it a paradise, and live forever.​ Genesis 1:28, 31. God’s purpose was delayed when humans rebelled against his rule. But God did not give up on us​ or his purpose. The Bible assures us that God has been working to save faithful people and that his purpose concerning the earth will be fulfilled! So God wants you to see life the way he meant it to be! The Bible can help you learn how you can personally fit into God’s purpose.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by Maynnmaan: 3:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
If you need a book and deities to tell you your purpose in life, then something is wrong with you.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2022
Visit jw.org! smiley

1 Like

Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by orisa37: 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
King Solomon said it all.
Adam and Eve broke The WILL of God.
Jesus came to fulfil all Righteousness and thought us to have faith, hope peace and love for God and in ourselves. JESUS told us that we are The Light, the Goodness and The Life of The World.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by SeniorMan715(m): 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
Have you ever asked why manufactures put leaflet or direction in every products they packaged ? smiley foolish reasoning.
Maynnmaan:
If you need a book and deities to tell you your purpose in life, then something is wrong with you.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by Maynnmaan: 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Have you ever asked why manufactures put leaflet or direction in every products they packaged ? smiley foolish reasoning.

The packaged product can’t think for themselves just like you that’s why you need a forged manual. winkDumb reasoning.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by SeniorMan715(m): 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2022
smiley the fact remains that there will never be peace for the foolish and wicked ones, the truth will continue to torment you.
Maynnmaan:

The packaged product can’t think for themselves just like you that’s why you need a manual. winkDumb reasoning.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by Maynnmaan: 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
SeniorMan715:
smiley the fact remain that there will never be peace for the foolish and wicked ones, the truth will continue to torment you.

The fact remains that those who base their life on random books with UNKNOWN AUTHORS will forever be miserable and dumb. smiley
Dummy doesn’t even know what “truth” means.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by SeniorMan715(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
Who's miserable and dumb cheesy, you are always running around arguing fruitlessly.
Maynnmaan:

The fact remains that those who base their life on random books with UNKNOWN AUTHORS will forever be miserable and dumb. smiley
Dummy doesn’t even know what “truth” means.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by Maynnmaan: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Who's miserable and dumb cheesy, you are always running around arguing fruitlessly.

Who is basing their miserable life on random books cheesy
Your deity only exist in a forged book and that’s what you quote aimlessly to defend your “truth”.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by SeniorMan715(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2022
By their fruit you shall know them.
Maynnmaan:

Who is basing their life on random books cheesy Your deity only exist in a forged book.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by Maynnmaan: 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2022
SeniorMan715:
By their fruit you shall know them.

By their indoctrination you shall know them smiley
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by Gnosis777: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
I'm still searching for the answer to this question. Whenever I feel as if I have come close to figuring it out, the more I realize that I am still further from the truth.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
Gnosis777:
I'm still searching for the answer to this question. Whenever I feel as if I have come close to figuring it out, the more I realize that I am still further from the truth.

MaxInDHouse:
Visit jw.org! smiley
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by tctrills: 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
Gnosis777:
The purpose of life is to become like God. We are help to overcome and become like our father in heaven.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
Gnosis777:

Clue!

Whose purpose are you interested in seeing?

Is it Your own purpose?

Or the purposes of The Owner/Creator and Giver of Life?

Or, someone elses purpose?
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
Gnosis777:

That is one of the life's biggest question people ask which scientists and philosophers or clergymen can't answer
I once asked that question too and I understand how it felt
Just as you can only ask a carpenter the purpose of making a furniture, it is wise for us to ask the Maker about why we are here or the purpose of life.

The answer is found in Genesis 1:27 and Ecclesiastic 11:13
The original purpose of life was for man to live a perfect, happy lives forever on earth and to take care of the animals
For humans to enjoy a meaningful life, which includes you, we must live our lives in harmony with God's will. This brings us true happiness both spiritually, emotionally and physically and brings us in line to receiving everlasting life (John 17:3)

For more info, visit jw.org

2 Likes

Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by Steep(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
The answer is, all things were created for his pleasure.

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The reason for our existence is to honor and glorify him.
Re: What's The Purpose Of Life ? by Gnosis777: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Clue!

Whose purpose are you interested in seeing?

Is it Your own purpose?

Or the purposes of The Owner/Creator and Giver of Life?

Or, someone elses purpose?
[quote aut
tctrills:

The purpose of life is to become like God. We are help to overcome and become like our father in heaven.
h
Aemmyjah:

That is one of the life's biggest question people ask which scientists and philosophers or clergymen can't answer
I once asked that question too and I understand how it felt
Just as you can only ask a carpenter the purpose of making a furniture, it is wise for us to ask the Maker about why we are here or the purpose of life.

The answer is found in Genesis 1:27 and Ecclesiastic 11:13
The original purpose of life was for man to live a perfect, happy lives forever on earth and to take care of the animals
For humans to enjoy a meaningful life, which includes you, we must live our lives in harmony with God's will. This brings us true happiness both spiritually, emotionally and physically and brings us in line to receiving everlasting life (John 17:3)

For more info, visit jw.org
or=tctrills post=118282786]

Thanks to all who replied. Appreciate the civility of your responses.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Churches Not Emphasizing Miracles Like Before? / Election Prophecies: What Lessons Did You Learn As A Christian / This Is Where The Bible Says Yahweh Got His Power From The Waters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.