Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,325 members, 7,888,038 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:03 PM

How The Israelites Of Old Desecrated The Temple Of YHVH Almighty. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Israelites Of Old Desecrated The Temple Of YHVH Almighty. (377 Views)

BAKONGO (BANTU) People Are Israelites of The Southern Kingdom Of YAHUNDE (JUDAH) / The Temple of YHVH Almighty / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How The Israelites Of Old Desecrated The Temple Of YHVH Almighty. by elated177: 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
El Elohe Yahshrael!

One can see the magnificence of the temple which was built by Solomon in 1 Kings 6;7:13-51 and 8: 1-56.

The response of YHVH Almighty.

1 Kings 9:When Solomon had finished building the temple of YHVH and the royal palace, and had achieved all he had desired to do, 2 YHVH appeared to him a second time, as he had appeared to him at Gibeon. 3 YHVH said to him:

“I have heard the prayer and plea you have made before me; I have consecrated this temple, which you have built, by putting my Name there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.

4 “As for you, if you walk before me faithfully with integrity of heart and uprightness, as David your father did, and do all I command and observe my decrees and laws, 5 I will establish your royal throne over Israel forever, as I promised David your father when I said, ‘You shall never fail to have a successor on the throne of Israel.’

He warned them:

1 Kings 9:6 “But if you or your descendants turn away from me and do not observe the commands and decrees I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, 7 then I will cut off Israel from the land I have given them and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. Israel will then become a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. 8 This temple will become a heap of rubble. All who pass by will be appalled and will scoff and say, ‘Why has YHVH done such a thing to this land and to this temple?’ 9 People will answer, ‘Because they have forsaken YHVH their God, who brought their ancestors out of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, worshiping and serving them—that is why YHVH brought all this disaster on them.’”

He carried out all his warnings when the Israelites of old did the following:

2 Kings 23: 4 The king ordered Hilkiah the high priest, the priests next in rank and the doorkeepers to remove from the temple of YHVH all the articles made for Baal and Asherah and all the starry hosts. He burned them outside Jerusalem in the fields of the Kidron Valley and took the ashes to Bethel. 5 He did away with the idolatrous priests appointed by the kings of Judah to burn incense on the high places of the towns of Judah and on those around Jerusalem—those who burned incense to Baal, to the sun and moon, to the constellations and to all the starry hosts. 6 He took the Asherah pole from the temple of YHVH to the Kidron Valley outside Jerusalem and burned it there. He ground it to powder and scattered the dust over the graves of the common people. 7 He also tore down the quarters of the male shrine prostitutes that were in the temple of YHVH, the quarters where women did weaving for Asherah.

King Josiah had to carry out the purification and subsequent rededication of the temple to YHVH Almighty.

The temple was eventually destroyed because of the sin of the Israelites of old.

2 Kings 25: 8 On the seventh day of the fifth month, in the nineteenth year of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, Nebuzaradan commander of the imperial guard, an official of the king of Babylon, came to Jerusalem. 9 He set fire to the temple of YHVH, the royal palace and all the houses of Jerusalem. Every important building he burned down. 13 The Babylonians broke up the bronze pillars, the movable stands and the bronze Sea that were at the temple of YHVH and they carried the bronze to Babylon. 14 They also took away the pots, shovels, wick trimmers, dishes and all the bronze articles used in the temple service. 15 The commander of the imperial guard took away the censers and sprinkling bowls—all that were made of pure gold or silver.

16 The bronze from the two pillars, the Sea and the movable stands, which Solomon had made for the temple of YHVH, was more than could be weighed. 17 Each pillar was eighteen cubits high. The bronze capital on top of one pillar was three cubits high and was decorated with a network and pomegranates of bronze all around. The other pillar, with its network, was similar.

The anger of YHVH Almighty was great because of the wickedness of the Israelites of old.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: How The Israelites Of Old Desecrated The Temple Of YHVH Almighty. by Maynman: 1:19am On Nov 11, 2022
You god gets angry, your god gets jealous, all these human emotions from your israelite god, your god needs therapy.
Re: How The Israelites Of Old Desecrated The Temple Of YHVH Almighty. by elated177: 8:30am On Nov 14, 2022
Apt.

(1) (Reply)

Attempts To Blackmail Pastor Chris Okafor, Libration City By Philips Anochie An / Poor Education: The Root Cause Of POVERTY In Nigeria. / Our LORD's Salvation is here. The Great Hundredfold Manifold Blessings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.