Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,819 members, 7,872,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

Earthquake Reported In The United States. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Earthquake Reported In The United States. (2870 Views)

Poll: What do you think about the natural disaster: 1)an act of God against America,and should continue; 2)just a natural disaster and may God save America. Please vote with your concience.

Option 1: 13% (3 votes)
Option 2: 86% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Chemical Weapons Attack Reported in Syria War / Fifteen US States File Petition To Secede From The United States / Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Nuit50: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2011
A 6.0 magnitude earthquake has been reported in the United states of america some hours ago affecting the capitol,some nuclear power plants,and buildings. Casualties have not been reported yet.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Seun(m): 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2011
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by executinal(m): 10:40pm On Aug 23, 2011
Seun:

In pictures: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14641002
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked is this the end of the world?
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
With a hurricane on it's way. I guess it's double tragedy for U.S.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2011
Brand_new:

That hurricane will hit your family not the US
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by strangest(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2011
The spirit of Gaddafi and Omar Mukthar, the lion of the desert just collided,
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Rastamann: 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
I just experienced the Tremor in Laurel, Marayland. Many people around (including me) never belived it but it happened! I was in a shopping mall and at first I thought there was an underground 'spirit' shaking the building. God save us, Amen.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
Seun:

In pictures: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14641002

I cant find any picture there
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by MMM2(m): 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
2 bad

just watching it now
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by IdiAmin2(m): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
The spirit of every innocent blood shed by these evils forces will fight for them. They may not have weapons to fight back, but the universe itself will fight for them. this is nothing yet, worse coming down the pipeline
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by baby4u2(f): 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2011
Do you know I was jejely sitting on my bed reading, only for the whole house to start shakiing. I mistakenly thought it was my neighbors upstairs doiing something I didnt understand. I was just wondering what could they be doing to be causing an amazing vibration. Was going to get a broom and hit the ceiling repeatedly. Then the shaking started going down slowly, I sat on my bed for some minutes looking at the ceiling, just being angry with my neighbors upstairs for disturbing my peace.

Lo and behold, my roommate sent me a text to ask if I felt the earthquake. I said what, so all that serious shake was an earthquake. That is how lives are lost inside homes. I thank God i am not a victim.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
A friend of mine was giving a personal account on fb, I really didn't understand till now
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by baby4u2(f): 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
Idi-Amin:

The spirit of every innocent blood shed by these evils forces will fight for them. They may not have weapons to fight back, but the universe itself will fight for them. this is nothing yet, worse coming down the pipeline

Excuse me sir,, what are you talking about? So they are fighting to kill who exactly, we that are innocent of committing no crime. Please never wish bad for anyone.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by BizBooks(m): 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2011
Brand_new:

I personally felt the quake in my area. I was inside and felt the floor shake for a few seconds. I initially thought somebody was moving a really heavy equipment. But it turned out to be a 5.9 magnitude quake.

As earthquakes go, this was not a big one. But here in the eastern part of the US, we rarely have earthquakes. In fact in my 15 years here, this is the first time such an event has happened. So a 5.9 magnitude quake is a big deal for us. But as far as I know, no injuries or damages have been reported.

P.S: People in the West Coast (eg California) are used to events like this and will be really laughing hard at our (over)reaction.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by baby4u2(f): 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
You're right BizBooks. My friend asked why i felt it was something else, I said i have never felt one before so i didnt know what was going on. Now i realize why i heard some people shouting outside the building, i didnt even bother checking cause I had no clue what it was. But I dont think there are any reported death, I thank God this does not happen on the regular.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Builder: 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2011
EarthQuake felt in the USA, those bastards are just feeling the wrath of the africans they and nato kill in libya, welcome to the real world suckers
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by latogng: 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
ℓ̊ felt †ђε̲̣ Massive shake-up too on my way Home from Agege τ̲̅ȍ Ojodu Berger, lol, Really don't feel much for US but for my dear folks,ℓ̊ pray God  subside †ђε̲̣  whatever Magnitue of earthquake,
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by BizBooks(m): 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2011
For some perspective, the recent earthquake in Japan was an 8.9 magnitude. This one is a 5.9.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by 190smh: 11:30pm On Aug 23, 2011
When would EARTHQUAKE HIT BORNO STATE
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by 190smh: 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2011
OKADA IN LAGOS ALONE NOR PASS EARTHQUAKE grin grin
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Roland17(m): 11:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
When it happened i could feel my legs hitting the back of my head while i was Usain Bolting grin grin grin, but trust America, the system is just too organised, there were emergency services on ground immediately and also fire service, no major casualty was recorded, just minor cases. it lasted for probably 30 seconds, but i swear i was scared for a second.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by IdiAmin2(m): 12:10am On Aug 24, 2011
baby4u2:

Excuse me sir,, what are you talking about? So they are fighting to kill who exactly, we that are innocent of committing no crime. Please never wish bad for anyone.

You are right, you the innocent did not do anything wrong, it is your leadership. Likewise the poor people of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Pakistan have done nothing wrong as well, it's their leadership the US have problem with but the poor, innocent people's blood are shed
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Princek12(m): 12:11am On Aug 24, 2011
we felt the earthquake in Georgia, too. I thought I was going to die. I screamed  Oriyami
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by cap28: 12:14am On Aug 24, 2011
The chickens are coming home to roost - may the govt of the US suffer the same pain and misery they are currently inflicting on the people of libya - long live muammar gadaffi.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Nuit50: 12:25am On Aug 24, 2011
REALITY101:

That hurricane will hit your family not the US
. Yes there's a category 2 huricane moving now with a speed of 100mph expected to intensify to category 4 reaching a speed of 131mph. The storm had hit many countries already including puerto rico and dominican republic and is heading its way to the US by the end of this week,though reports have said it's too early to conclude its point of action,as it can change it's direction.I PRAY THAT GOD WILL ACT TO AVERT THIS!!!
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by divinereal: 12:31am On Aug 24, 2011
The chickens are coming home to roost - may the govt of the US suffer the same pain and misery they are currently inflicting on the people of libya - long live muammar gadaffi

Why the resentment? The "People of Libya" welcomed NATO airstrikes against strategic Ghaddafi targets.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by kabukabu(m): 12:37am On Aug 24, 2011
cap28:

The chickens are coming home to roost - may the govt of the US suffer the same pain and misery they are currently inflicting on the people of libya - long live muammar gadaffi.

You are a Douchebag with a capital "grin" my friend.

The quake is gone not even one drop of blood spilled from 1 person, so go choke on Gadaffi's nutsack, and make sure you swallow well well. grin grin
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Nuit50: 12:39am On Aug 24, 2011
cap28:

Idi-Amin:

You are right, you the innocent did not do anything wrong, it is your leadership. Likewise the poor people of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Pakistan have done nothing wrong as well, it's their leadership the US have problem with but the poor, innocent people's blood are shed
. Please this is natural disaster that we are talking about not Muammar Gaddafi and probably not anything related to war. So just stop the sentiments.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 24, 2011
cap28:

As usual, the arabs are never blamed for their own problems.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by cap28: 12:47am On Aug 24, 2011
divinereal:

Why the resentment? The "People of Libya" welcomed NATO airstrikes against strategic Ghaddafi targets.

no they didnt - the rebels invited NATO in for their own wicked and selfish objectives -  they are not representative of the people of libya.

NATO which is led by america is currently murdering innocent men, women and children in libya because of the oil wealth that they cant wait to get their hands on, perhaps its time america got a taste of their own medicine.
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by kabukabu(m): 12:49am On Aug 24, 2011
davidylan:

As usual, the arabs are never blamed for their own problems.

Precisely, grin grin

When Iran had their Earthquake , the Mullahs blamed "Women with huge breasts" for it, and also demanded that men must wear their beards long, to prevent future Earthquakes, grin grin grin
Re: Earthquake Reported In The United States. by kabukabu(m): 12:52am On Aug 24, 2011
cap28:

no they didnt - the rebels invited NATO in for their own wicked and selfish objectives - they are not representative of the people of libya.

NATO which is led by america is currently murdering innocent men, women and children in libya because of the oil wealth that they cant wait to get their hands on, perhaps its time america got a taste of their own medicine.

Well, Nobody is hurt in the Earthquake , and Rebels have won in Libya, so take your monkey behind and dive into the ocean, I hope the rebels find where you are and empty an AK47 into your thick skull grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Mother Of 5 Beaten To Death In Hate Crime In USA / Ivory Coast Pays France Rent For Using The Ivorian Presidential Palace. / VenezuelaOnly: YANKEE PLOT TO OVERTHROW NICOLÁS MADURO AND STEAL VENEZUELA’S OIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.