Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,828 members, 7,976,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 07:35 PM

Core Designer Or Core Developer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Core Designer Or Core Developer (1267 Views)

A Student Or Recently Graduated Web Developer, Designer or Programmer Needed / Looking For A Web Designer Or Developer / Any Web Designer Or Web Developer In Anambra Mainly Onitsha, Nkpor Or Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Core Designer Or Core Developer by guru01(m): 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2011
Hello,
I started developing interest in programing 2 years ago, and i was made to understand that i have to start with html.
Now i know my html, css and have basic knowledge on javascript and php, in general i have sound knowledge of Web design.
My dream is to be a very good web developer, developing great web application within the next 5years. But now i find myself more as a web designer.
What can i do to achieve my dreams?
How long cn it take me to know and master php and javascript.
Your response is appreciated.

Cheers.
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
it doesn't take long just be dedicated and create mini projects that allows you to explore new features of programming language you'll find yourself good at it with time.
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by guru01(m): 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2011
@pc guru, thanks for your reply.
What kind of mini-project are you talking about.
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2011
for instance when i started i first started with doing a mini blog like app,that mini project was just a small project but it taught me how to do CRUD Sites and things top avoid, later i tried entering Web Chat after researching and stuff it exposed me File Management and Ajax, so the little project you do will lead you to something new.for instance now because this days am interested in API and getting data from other sites it exposed me to REST and cURL. and also they can serve as portfolio because its quite vital to have something to show to someone that "this is my work no matter how little".
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by guru01(m): 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
@pc guru,
how long did it take you know php, besides i just know the syntax.
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2011
counting this year i'd say 5years and still DHTML still shows me things i haven't seen in PHP.u don't need up to that within 2years or less u shud be able to cover majorly of it,since you know the syntax u're half way there the other aspect now relies on other advanced concept like Design patterns,and creating smarter codes like Anonymous Functions,Reflection and other stuff i can't say i know the whole of PHP which is why i keep a PHP Manual and refer to it every-time.no one knows it all,
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
Even I cannot say i know up to half of the codes in PHP4 not to talk of PHP5.
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
The thing is, like my friend PC suggested, task yourself with stuffs.

When i wanted to learn PHP well, i mean past the echo level, i played around with applications, like CodeGenerator, Chat Server and stuffs like that.

It made me understand DB and File Management skills.

Try like working with files on the fly, like pdf, txt.

PHP is just function thing na, no one can know all the [b]fuc[i]k[/i][/b]tions in a day or even a lifetime.

When you need to do something, you learn a new way, pattern and function.

Lastly seek to be Object Oriented in your coding and also less codes more action!
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by guru01(m): 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2011
@pc guru, dhtml, donpuzo
Thanks for your kind response.
Well, php or javascript which is better to master first?
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by yawatide(f): 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2011
Learning is an ongoing process. Anyone who gives you a specific amount of time is deceiving you. Having said that, you could learn the core/basics (in other words, enough to make you dangerous) within a given amount of time. If I were to be the one training you, I would say at least 2 weeks each for html, css and javascript. After that, like the wild animals, I would force you to go fend for yourself grin
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 24, 2011
I agree with yawa
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by guru01(m): 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

Learning is an ongoing process. Anyone who gives you a specific amount of time is deceiving you. Having said that, you could learn the core/basics (in other words, enough to make you dangerous) within a given amount of time. If I were to be the one training you, I would say at least 2 weeks each for html, css and javascript. After that, like the wild animals, I would force you to go fend for yourself grin
What if i refuse to go and fend for myself grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 25, 2011
Yawa is right,learn all three makes js the least because it has a bigger than coverage than Php,html combined they are things in JS pple will be shocked it has.also true u ave to fend for urself if not u'll be too used to waiting for help,sample code b4 u embark on a project.
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 25, 2011
lol
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by greenmouse(m): 12:31pm On Aug 25, 2011
Just remain focused, explore all neccessary materials online, download loads of training tutorials and I promise you, you must learn.
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by yawatide(f): 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2011
@guru01 LOL! If you refuse then as Darwin's survival theory states, you will simply die and give way to thie strongest of your species cool
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Timileyin(m): 11:42am On Aug 26, 2011
Have beeen programming Coldfuion for 6 years and have developed 7 software applications used across the glob
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by guru01(m): 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
Timileyin:

Have beeen programming Coldfuion for 6 years and have developed 7 software applications used across the glob
Lol, Great!!!
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Timileyin(m): 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2011
@Guru, Wat i think you can do is to give your self a task, commit effort into it and start solving little programming problems for people around you.  My first Web application was for a Department in Lagos University teaching Hospital which i did for free, it was used in replacement of the Result Computation Software they purchased from a reputable company which did not work.
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by guru01(m): 11:58pm On Aug 31, 2011
@Timileyin
Thanks for your response, i really appreciate it.
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 01, 2011
Please clarify Lagos State Teaching Hospital - Is it Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) or Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH)?
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Timileyin(m): 2:05am On Sep 01, 2011
@DHTML, Its was for LUTH
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by ax242001(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2011
Timileyin,

i just surf the website, what happened about it? ~  http://luthnigeria.org/.

why did you run a partnership with the hospital on this?.

Corrections !!

Header ~ Quote "We care GOD heals" or "We care, GOD heals". which is correct?.

Footer ~ All fonts or texts at Footer of your Website should be equal either hyperlinks or not?.

i am still surfing your website !.

Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Timileyin(m): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2011
Thats website is not mine, wat i developed wat an Result GPA calculation System that runs intranet based, i have the Demo online http://crystalhills.org/Examer/login.cfm, I didnt drop the link cause i felt the codes online are old and its been a while i did that. You can login with ADMIN AND ADMIN, And check,
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by yawatide(f): 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2011
To Whom It May Concern:

The LUTH home page looks more like a domain's parked page than a unique site befitting that institution. In fact, I was so convinced it was a parked page that it only took me clicking some of the links to finally convince me that it was actually a website.

Abi, the person viewed source of a parked page and substituted their stuff with his/hers?

No offense anyone. Strictly business. cool
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Timileyin(m): 12:01am On Sep 02, 2011
View my latest Coldfusion Project, Its Called the EXAMINATION MOCKER . The Examination Mocker is an intranet based application that handles examinations online in schools. The application  by default comes with over 2000 English questioins  on JAMB, WAEC, TOFEEL and SAT. The Applcation is presently been used in 8 school in Lagos, Nigeria for conducting there examinations.   http://crystalhills.org/exam/login.cfm ,  You can Login with DEMO and DEMO, if you dont feel like creating an account

Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Fayimora(m): 12:34am On Sep 02, 2011
@OP its either you want to design or develop. Either way you gotta know both.

If you want to design, then you gotta read stuffs on colors, images and some web optimisations. However, you gonna have to convert your design into raw html and css code. After that you might want to make some things work like a sortable portfolio, a nice slider, ajax driven forms and blah blah blah,

However, the other way is a bit more obvious. If I design a website for you and say I convert my design into html and css. Now i hand it over to you and u start development. Somewhere along the line you need to change a small part of the design, what do you do(assumming am in space) ?? You go and pay some designer to help u out? Naaa because you already understand and know how to design, you would just DIY.

So you see, design or development, you end up with both but put more focus on one(the one u love most)!
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by guru01(m): 4:14am On Sep 04, 2011
Thank you all for impacting more knowledge to my HEAD,
Am really grateful smiley smiley smiley
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by dhtml8: 6:52am On Sep 04, 2011
You are most welcome amigo.
Re: Core Designer Or Core Developer by Timileyin(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2011
You are welcome, THE MORE PROJECTS YOU DO, THE MORE PROBLEMS YOU ENCOUNTER, IF SOLVED, ADDS TO YOUR EXPERIENCE, KEEP WORKING, KEEP LEARNING!!!! WEB PROGRAMMING FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need An Investor, A Developer Or A Buyer? / . / XMAS BONANZA Get a dynamic business Website #10k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.