Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,830 members, 7,889,754 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:49 PM

Atiku Witness The Coronation Of The 12th Emir Of Katagum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Witness The Coronation Of The 12th Emir Of Katagum (334 Views)

Magic Happened To PDP’s Votes At Anambra Collation Centre - Atiku’s Witness / Tribunal: “INEC Couldn’t Upload Results”, Atiku’s Witness Blames Tinibu’s Agents / I Saw My Statement For The First Time Before Tribunal, Says Atiku’s Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Witness The Coronation Of The 12th Emir Of Katagum by Samizak(f): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2022
I was honoured to witness the coronation of HRH Dr Umar Farouq II OON as the 12th Emir of Katagum in Bauchi State. I pray that the Almighty Allah blesses the Emir with the gift of good health and wisdom to succeed in his new role as we unite to recover Nigeria. -AA

Re: Atiku Witness The Coronation Of The 12th Emir Of Katagum by canima: 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
Someone like Atiku and his coherent will not be my president
Re: Atiku Witness The Coronation Of The 12th Emir Of Katagum by Urheadmaster(m): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2022
What do Nigerians benefit from all this valueless Emirs in Northern Nigeria tongue
Re: Atiku Witness The Coronation Of The 12th Emir Of Katagum by Alimo55: 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2022
I don't think you guys belong to our mothers land Nigeria if not how will u reject THE MAN OF INTEGRITY ALHAJI ATIKU ABUBAKAR AND CHOOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL WHAT'S HAPPENING IN OUR BELOVED COUNTRY NIGERIA PLS TRY AND THINK ABOUT OUR FUTURE ONCE AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Atiku Witness The Coronation Of The 12th Emir Of Katagum by owobokiri(m): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2022
The fulani jihad that imposed all these funny and retrogressive aristocracies all over the land ofthe Hausas, has expired! The fulani rulers were basically liquidated by the invading British and lost all coercive instruments available to them as the conquerors of the indigenous Hausas. What we have as presidents and governors since the advent of British colonial rule up till this day, is a new administrative order that owes its origin to a state formed after the capitulation of the Fulani dynasty to the imperial British in northern Nigeria.

It's therefore disheartening that somehow after decolonization, folks in the North allowed the fulani to utilize their outlandish religious claims to reinvigorate a dead traditional rulership that came initially to their land through the sword and was defeated by the British through the sword too. Post independence, local administrative set up in northern Nigeria should have reverted back to the normal Hausa and kanuri Kingdoms. It's wrong to provide all these overdressed Arabian wannabes calling themselves "Emirs" and "sultans" with uniformed men to carry out their orders, and then go ahead to find constitutional roles for them.

Sometimes few years ago, Boko Haram overan some fulani traditional stools and imposed their own "sultans" or something.... The next thing the federal government did was to send in soldiers to reimpose the socalled emir! What for? How is that my business as a Nigerian? Is the fulani dynasty in northern Nigeria perpetual? No one elected these funny looking ones. They didn't emerge based on consensus amongst the English locals. Rather, they are symbols of invasion and bloodletting. If the Emirs are toppled by a superior force, they should be allowed to disappear like the traditional Hausa rulers that were toppled by the fulani did. We can't continue to fund agents of retrogression and ineptitude with state funds and state institutions.
Re: Atiku Witness The Coronation Of The 12th Emir Of Katagum by XerXers: 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2022
Urheadmaster:
What do Nigerians benefit from all this valueless Emirs in Northern Nigeria tongue
They have become a burden
Re: Atiku Witness The Coronation Of The 12th Emir Of Katagum by JASONjnr(m): 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2022
Atiku will be gallivanting around untill there is a debate and you won't find him anywhere....

(1) (Reply)

Will The Igbos Even Accept A Referendum / Soludo Calls For Emergency Training, Harps On Traders To Insure Their Shops / Rufai Oseni Of Arise TV Take On Reno Omokri On A Private Live Video, Following A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.