Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,845 members, 7,945,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 02:12 AM

Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial (506 Views)

Tinubu,Osinbajo & Others At Akeredolu Mother's Burial / Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) / Tinubu, Five Governors At Akeredolu’s Second Term Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by Gemid94(m): 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2022
Although the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo made a mistake not recognising the APC Presidential Flagbearer during protocols recognition over the weekend in Owo, the incident was greeted with good humour and courteous banters as the VP corrected himself moments after the oversight.

This generated buzz over the social media space after video of the incident circulated.

In the video, the Vice President, at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church [venue of the funeral] in Owo, acknowledged the presence of Kayode Fayemi, former governor of Ekiti, as well as Babajide Sanwo-Olu and Dapo Abiodun, governors of Lagos and Ogun, respectively.

He also recognised the presence of notable politicians and personalities present including, party chieftains, former governors, lawmakers, ministers, senators and captains of industry amongst others.

Professor Osinbajo during his speech acknowledged the presence of Tinubu.

“Before I go on, I have made a very big error. I have left out the presidential candidate of our great party, the APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu,” he said.

“The Emilokan. Asiwaju, I’m sorry. He was sitting right next to me. Not just sitting right next to me, but right in front of me, but I honour you and welcome you to this event.”

Recall that Osinbajo earlier on October 26, got his audience rolling in laughter, after he jovially revisited the drama between himself and Tinubu’s running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima, that played out just before the APC presidential primary election in June.

Osinbajo labeled Shettima “the Chairman and majority shareholder of his ice-cream-producing company.”

An eye witness, who is a top official of the Ondo State Government, Dr. Oladoyin Odebowale, took to his Facebook account to say “I was in Owo. There is nothing like animosity. They all joked and laughed together throughout the programme. The VP was given the protocol list already prepared. Asiwaju Tinubu came after the list has been prepared. The error came from the protocol people. He quickly corrected himself. They all joked outside the church… Nobody saw a serious breach. Asiwaju came later than others.”

One commentator said the buzz over the event that the whole thing was purely exaggerated. She said “The people shouting will be alright. The pictures taken at the event tell a different story. Besides, didn’t Tinubu ‘ignore’ His Excellency after the presidential primaries at Eagle Square and Gbajabiamila had to correct him? If anything, they will want this to be a distraction from the drug story making the rounds.

Another commentator, Imran U. Wakili, took to Twitter to say “So Osinbajo did not mention Tinubu in his observance of protocol before his speech at an event. He was reminded and he stopped what he was saying and apologized. He even blamed himself saying ‘and you are even sitting in front of me and I was looking at you, I am sorry’”.

Olayemi, another Twitter commentator, said “Pls leave Prof. Yemi Osinbajo alone. He lost the primaries to BAT and he has moved on. Lists was given to him before d arrival of Bola Tinubu. The organizers might not know BAT will be at d event. May God forgive us as we give judgement on what we know little or nothing about.”

Susan Henshaw, on her part wondered why anyone will think Osinbajo would have deliberately ignored Tinubu. She tweeted “WHY would anyone believe Osinbajo would deliberately not acknowledge someone…anyone in church. Thats not who he his. No history of vindictiveness or malicious behavior, except in the hearts of those making the accusations.”

https://www.thequesttimes.com/osinbajos-delayed-recognition-of-tinubu-at-akeredolus-mothers-burial-generates-humour-on-social-media/

Re: Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by Obidient1: 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2022
How can he recognize a DRUG BARON

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by Naira20: 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by Urheadmaster(m): 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2022
Obidient1:
Drug at work.

Who was on drug

Osinbajo or Druginubu tongue

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by Obidient1: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Who was on drug

Osinbajo or Druginubu tongue
Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by BeardedMeat(m): 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
Tinubu and osubande sitting very close in a gathering and when time for protocol came, it was the Asiwaju himself, the maker of all the men in that gathering including the VP himself that was forgotten.

What a time to be alive!

Tinubu's boys don see am finish cheesy

Failure is an orphan.
Re: Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by Racoon(m): 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
To be honest, the gaffe by VP Osinbajo was a deliberate one because you can recognise everyone but left out Tinubu.All these animosity charade is simply steaming out from the charade behind the APC presidential primary.
Re: Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by TheRareGem1(f): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2022
Op...go and find a job. This is stale
Re: Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by JoeNL22(m): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2022
Gemid94:
Although the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo made a mistake not recognising the APC Presidential Flagbearer during protocols recognition over the weekend in Owo, the incident was greeted with good humour and courteous banters as the VP corrected himself moments after the oversight.

This generated buzz over the social media space after video of the incident circulated.

In the video, the Vice President, at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church [venue of the funeral] in Owo, acknowledged the presence of Kayode Fayemi, former governor of Ekiti, as well as Babajide Sanwo-Olu and Dapo Abiodun, governors of Lagos and Ogun, respectively.

He also recognised the presence of notable politicians and personalities present including, party chieftains, former governors, lawmakers, ministers, senators and captains of industry amongst others.

Professor Osinbajo during his speech acknowledged the presence of Tinubu.

“Before I go on, I have made a very big error. I have left out the presidential candidate of our great party, the APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu,” he said.

“The Emilokan. Asiwaju, I’m sorry. He was sitting right next to me. Not just sitting right next to me, but right in front of me, but I honour you and welcome you to this event.”

Recall that Osinbajo earlier on October 26, got his audience rolling in laughter, after he jovially revisited the drama between himself and Tinubu’s running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima, that played out just before the APC presidential primary election in June.

Osinbajo labeled Shettima “the Chairman and majority shareholder of his ice-cream-producing company.”

An eye witness, who is a top official of the Ondo State Government, Dr. Oladoyin Odebowale, took to his Facebook account to say “I was in Owo. There is nothing like animosity. They all joked and laughed together throughout the programme. The VP was given the protocol list already prepared. Asiwaju Tinubu came after the list has been prepared. The error came from the protocol people. He quickly corrected himself. They all joked outside the church… Nobody saw a serious breach. Asiwaju came later than others.”

One commentator said the buzz over the event that the whole thing was purely exaggerated. She said “The people shouting will be alright. The pictures taken at the event tell a different story. Besides, didn’t Tinubu ‘ignore’ His Excellency after the presidential primaries at Eagle Square and Gbajabiamila had to correct him? If anything, they will want this to be a distraction from the drug story making the rounds.

Another commentator, Imran U. Wakili, took to Twitter to say “So Osinbajo did not mention Tinubu in his observance of protocol before his speech at an event. He was reminded and he stopped what he was saying and apologized. He even blamed himself saying ‘and you are even sitting in front of me and I was looking at you, I am sorry’”.

Olayemi, another Twitter commentator, said “Pls leave Prof. Yemi Osinbajo alone. He lost the primaries to BAT and he has moved on. Lists was given to him before d arrival of Bola Tinubu. The organizers might not know BAT will be at d event. May God forgive us as we give judgement on what we know little or nothing about.”

Susan Henshaw, on her part wondered why anyone will think Osinbajo would have deliberately ignored Tinubu. She tweeted “WHY would anyone believe Osinbajo would deliberately not acknowledge someone…anyone in church. Thats not who he his. No history of vindictiveness or malicious behavior, except in the hearts of those making the accusations.”

https://www.thequesttimes.com/osinbajos-delayed-recognition-of-tinubu-at-akeredolus-mothers-burial-generates-humour-on-social-media/
Obi Is Cumin Into Aso Rock!.......Will You Cum With Him?
Re: Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by Zeemam: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2022
Can we move on please
Re: Osinbajo’s Delayed Recognition Of Tinubu At Akeredolu’s Mother’s Burial by Tonero767: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
Tinubu himself understands that it's time up. All symptoms are manifest. Someone is dead already but burial date is being dragged

(1) (Reply)

High Number Of Underage Voters In SE / "Peter Obi's Biggest Attraction To Me Is The Lack Of Skeletons In His Closet" / God Is Exposing Bola Ahmad Tunubu One By One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.