Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,232 members, 7,880,883 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:33 AM

How Did Surovikin Pull The Stunt - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Did Surovikin Pull The Stunt (357 Views)

How Did Surovikin Pull The Stunt / Sergei Surovikin, Russia War Commander Admits Kherson Situation ‘Very Difficult’ / Sergei Surovikin: Russia's 'Ruthless' General In-charge Of The Ukraine War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Surovikin Pull The Stunt by Emma15678: 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
When Russia spoke of a retreat from Kherson, I was shocked but I knew it will happen. What matters now is that Russia could pull 30000 men across the bridge. How did that happen? What happened to HIMARS? I thought Rusky air defense can't intercept them? Some one explain cause I don't have enough time to follow the war. Rottennaija Teaser4 Teazer4 Vl3ly Ken6488

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Surovikin Pull The Stunt by rottennaija(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
Emma15678:
When Russia spoke of a retreat from Kherson, I was shocked but I knew it will happen. What matters now is that Russia could pull 30000 men across the bridge. How did that happen? What happened to HIMARS? I thought Rusky air defense can't intercept them? Some one explain cause I don't have enough time to follow the war. Rottennaija Teaser4 Teazer4 Vl3ly Ken6488

I don't know how they could pull their forces across the river without attack. Possibly they had decimated a lot of AFU, possibly blinded a lot of western satellite and drones in the combat theater. Even AFU were afraid to attack or even pursue, whatever the case, they did withdraw over the river.

1 Like

Re: How Did Surovikin Pull The Stunt by texazzpete(m): 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
Emma15678:

No major stunt. The Dnieper isn't exactly the widest river in the world. They moved soldiers over 2 weeks via pontoon bridges. Used screening forces and artillery to keep Ukrainians from chasing.

Ukraine were happy to let them go. On one hand, it freed up 30k troops for combat in other theaters. On the other hand, getting Kherson without any bloodshed and without turning the city into a battleground is a much bigger achievement. Now they have their prize goal and there's nearly 50k Ukrainian troops that can be deployed to future offensives.

Rhetoric that seeks to glorify the success of the withdrawal is being amped up to try to cushion the impact of them being ousted from Kherson, one of their biggest prizes of the war so far. But Russian TV hosts and milbloggers aren't buying it at all.

rottennaija:

I don't know how they could pull their forces across the river without attack. Possibly they had decimated a lot of AFU, possibly blinded a lot of western satellite and drones in the combat theater. Even AFU were afraid to attack or even pursue, whatever the case, they did withdraw over the river.

LOL. The Ukrainians wanted them gone. This was the outcome they wanted when the Kherson counter-offensive was put forward.

Putin's the one who held things up. This withdrawal should really have been ordered weeks ago.
Re: How Did Surovikin Pull The Stunt by Emma15678: 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2022
texazzpete:

No major stunt. The Dnieper isn't exactly the widest river in the world. They moved soldiers over 2 weeks via pontoon bridges. Used screening forces and artillery to keep Ukrainians from chasing.

Ukraine were happy to let them go. On one hand, it freed up 30k troops for combat in other theaters. On the other hand, getting Kherson without any bloodshed and without turning the city into a battleground is a much bigger achievement. Now they have their prize goal and there's nearly 50k Ukrainian troops that can be deployed to future offensives.

Rhetoric that seeks to glorify the success of the withdrawal is being amped up to try to cushion the impact of them being ousted from Kherson, one of their biggest prizes of the war so far. But Russian TV hosts and milbloggers aren't buying it at all.
Not really, the withdrawal of civilians went on for weeks but 30K soldiers remained with 500 PCs of mili equipment. They covered the retreat of the main equipment and also protected the bridge. Here's whattass saidon it but it sounds to good to be true. Even if 100 troops entered one car they would need 300 cars on a bridge that HIMARS has been working on. Prior to the retreat they boosted Air defense both on the pontoons and the main bridge after which they destroyed the bridge. It's quite a large stunt given their inorderly withdrawal from izyum

LOL. The Ukrainians wanted them gone. This was the outcome they wanted when the Kherson counter-offensive was put forward.

Putin's the one who held things up. This withdrawal should really have been ordered weeks ago.
Holding things up let Russia stage the retreat in her own way and also suppress the AFU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Surovikin Pull The Stunt by ken6488(m): 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2022
rottennaija:

they act as if they drove them out with force

The Russians will be back
Re: How Did Surovikin Pull The Stunt by Emma15678: 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ukraine reportedly tried to attack but failed. That means HIMARS isn't the Wunderwaffe that it's claimed to be. An entire attack of 33 missiles thwarted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Surovikin Pull The Stunt by Teeaser4(m): 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
Pro-Putin luuunatics and their delusion-inspired sidenews embarassed
mynd44 Seun Lalasticala Mukina2 rule 2

(1) (Reply)

Leave If You Can To Save Energy - Ukraine Power Boss / Videos Suggest Captive Russian Soldiers Were Killed At Close Range- NewYorkTimes / US Designates Russia's Wagner Military Group An International 'criminal Org.'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.