Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,234 members, 7,919,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:45 PM

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport (46331 Views)

EPL: Ronaldo Told To Leave Man Utd, Form ‘formidable Partnership’ At New Club / BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment / Anthony Joshua Takes On UFC Star Israel Adesanya In Crazy Hot Sauce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by lomprico(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2022
Brendaniel:
Misunderstanding...

There was no misunderstanding
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2022
SmartyPants:

It was the correct decision. Adesanya could no longer defend himself and was at risk of serious injury. As the losing champion he is of course entitled to a rematch.
......I beg to disagree with you sir/ma'am,spare out sometime to watch that match again especially the fifth round, Isreal was still very much in the fight,he even said that in his post match press conference,but as a true champion he is,he didn't lay the blames on the referee.
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by ufuosman(m): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2022
Some people no even read post dem just dey comments. Dem don release am... People with bad mind grin
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Bigchristo: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2022
Fira09:

SOURCE

Nigerian Born Newzealand UFC star, The first paragraph of this article just make me really wowed, he has now automatically becomes Nigeria born /Newzealand star because he was interrogated at the airport over minor issues, I won’t call that an arrest, boom they’re now tagging him with his country of origin but let it be he won a match and get medals they won’t tag him with his country of Origin, the world need to stop being wicked towards black people
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by SmartyPants(m): 10:05am On Nov 17, 2022
toobusy:
......I beg to disagree with you sir/ma'am,spare out sometime to watch that match again especially the fifth round, Isreal was still very much in the fight,he even said that in his post match press conference,but as a true champion he is,he didn't lay the blames on the referee.

I'm guessing you're a casual observer of combat sports. When a fighter shows signs of being unable to defend himself the ref is obligated to end the match.

Adesanya took over 6 blows without being able to raise his guard. He was clearly going to get seriously hurt if it continued.

What Adesanya said was he would have preferred to go out on his shield - that is, to take his beating like a man, but the ref is obliged to take safety into account.
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by iamsolasoul(f): 10:11am On Nov 17, 2022
He lost because he put his work more in his movement than in his punches and once the guy watched all his fights he saw his weakness the leg. Once that leg was gone no more dancing.

I just hope it they check his glove they won’t see rip marks maybe that’s why that guy beat him silly lol revenge of the siths

1 Like

Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Osariemen12: 10:11am On Nov 17, 2022
Nigerians and drugs.

A hard working Yoruba grin.
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by BABANGBALI: 10:47am On Nov 17, 2022
Why? What did he did?
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Missionaire: 11:48am On Nov 17, 2022
chatinent:
Country wey dey work. They could figure out sth small as that.

In another news, you can smuggle another country enter Nigeria nobody go know. In fact, if you bi big man, carry Moscow enter Nigeria, we didn't see you.

But na car below 2015 custom officials wan die on top. Omo, people importing cars dey suffer.

Fellow Nigerians, do you even know that the Nigerian govt tax those importing older cars, let's say 2015 and below, more than those importing latest cars, say 2020 till date? That means that importing cheaper cars will cost you heavily to bring it into Nigeria than importing latest models? The money wey you go pay to clear your 2015 Venza go shock you, while sb who is clearing his 2022 Cruiser would be paying peanuts compared to what you'll pay.

What does it translate to you?

Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Missionaire: 11:55am On Nov 17, 2022
Osariemen12:
Nigerians and drugs.

A hard working Yoruba grin.

Foolish child. Tribalistic wretched donkey.
Learn to read you ignorant child.
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by shegra58: 12:16pm On Nov 17, 2022
bro4u:
FTC,,, I dedicate this space to everyone except Tinubu and Shettima.

This Israel sef it's like village people currently dey on him matter sha
mid your own wey be say village people have never leave you
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by botiwunoluwa120: 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2022
OkayOkay...
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Timbar: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2022
chatinent:

In another news, you can smuggle another country enter Nigeria nobody go know. In fact, if you bi big man, carry Moscow enter Nigeria, we didn't see you.

But na car below 2015 custom officials wan die on top. Omo, people importing cars dey suffer.

Fellow Nigerians, do you even know that the Nigerian govt tax those importing older cars, let's say 2015 and below, more than those importing latest cars, say 2020 till date? That means that importing cheaper cars will cost you heavily to bring it into Nigeria than importing latest models? The money wey you go pay to clear your 2015 Venza go shock you, while sb who is clearing his 2022 Cruiser would be paying peanuts compared to what you'll pay.

You followed the program yesterday? Mehn custom messed up citizens big time!
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Dennisana(m): 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2022
its an economic and business decision. The idea is to discourage the importation of such. imo
chatinent:

Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by prophetfire: 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2022
bro4u:

He went to shake hands with Buhari.
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by meobizy(f): 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2022
Oh. This is nothing. I assumed it was marijuana possession which I’d overlook or he went the Jon Jones route from not handling his loss well. The man walks around at 220lbs, he doesn’t need brass knuckles to send the average man to the hospital.
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by raymondinc(m): 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2022
Israel just need to be careful. He is never gonna stop being my champion.
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Ijb11: 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2022
Really
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2022
bro4u:
FTC,,, I dedicate this space to everyone except Peter Obi and Datti.

Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Benrosaria(m): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2022
The beginning of the end
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Cantonese: 7:53pm On Nov 17, 2022
Glink2018:

Stupid and ignorant comment...
The loss to AJ in his last fight wasn't lost to the Nysmiri people. by their comments. on this forum....speak for yourself...i.know you are just catching up to know. more about global and political affairs...
Pls. try and. learn faster...
It will be out place to. say you are a slowpoke

I don’t know what’s worse between your IQ and your hairline.

English learner. Mr. Copy English and paste without knowing what it means. Mr. Bad English.

What do you know? You are certainly not fit enough.
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Optmus(m): 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2022
bro4u:

You mean the chief urchins?
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Laughingkk: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
chatinent:

Clearing and forwarding agent,tell them
Mr clearance
Re: UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport by Glink2018(m): 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2022
Cantonese:

I don’t know what’s worse between your IQ and your hairline.

English learner. Mr. Copy English and paste without knowing what it means. Mr. Bad English.

What do you know? You are certainly not fit enough.

...As if the English language is your first language .....no apology ...if your yardstick to success is about the English vocabulary you type...then n. Good for you... meanwhile, a school cert holder is currently ruling you. He might also be a good English speaker or writer but he is your president. And you the acclaimed professor of the English language is always on social media typing gibberish to make a point.

May your ways be rough.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? / Katia Bissonnette: Female Boxer Withdraws From Tournament Over Transgender Rival / Bet9ja Introduce Zoom Soccer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.