Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,295 members, 7,894,254 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 06:35 AM

Why You Should Be Thankful To Witness Today's Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Should Be Thankful To Witness Today's Nigeria (115 Views)

INEC Rejects LP’s Request To Witness BVAS Reconfiguration / Sierra Leone Thankful To Nigeria, Others At 60th Independence Anniversary / MC Oluomo: I Shall Not Die But Live To Witness Swearing-in Of Sanwo-olu & Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Be Thankful To Witness Today's Nigeria by LocalStandard1(m): 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2022
First let me share a short story that got me laughing but still perplexing.

More than a year ago we were having a family discuss about the current state of Nigeria we found ourselves. I suggested an Igbo President and my family sternly objected to such idea. I said if you don't want an Igbo President then let them go their own way. My Auntie, who was seated said while gesticulating, "we will not let them go, we will sit on their heads and nothing's happening!"

We all burst into laughter cos she's big and the act and speech was rhythmic. Still funny even now.

People of God, Today I as well as all my family are OBIDIENT.

I am happy to witness this today, and I think so should you, the coming together of the entire South East, South South, South west, Middle Belt peoples, in one unison, for a South Eastern President.

I know even my Grandfather, who fourth in the Civil War, will be OBEDIENT if he were alive today. When we phrase "ONE NIGERIA", this, I think is what it means.

What a jolly wonder to behold my people.

(1) (Reply)

Politics / Atiku/okowa Of Pdp Are The Best For Nigeria / Atiku Is Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.