Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,839 members, 7,898,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48647 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lookingfly: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2022
advanceDNA:

U keep whining about tithe and pastors as u read anywhere in my comment that i told her to pay tithe....... weda she did good or not she still show off like some pastors and politicians to attract the praise of men...wateva her motives are for publicity..... im juat a devil's advocate on the matter......u are the one taking to serious like i took something from you grin

all the questions I asked you.....you no fit answer oooo because truth too much.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Onosy: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2022
ebukajay184:
Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build A House For Her Widowed Neighbour

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClEV9PdN2yn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

If she can use the 10% to build a house for a widow, what would she have done with the remaining 90%
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
lookingfly:
no matter how you want to hide it, it's glaring the tithe issue they pain you grin. What's your business with her showing off? Is it your tithe that she's using? People work for their money and they're entitled to how they spend it. Commot your eyes from people money and tithe and how they've decided to spend it wether as show off or whatever.

I cant help u any further....think what u want since u dont even know what playing a devil's advocate means....we do it all the time here... how do u think threads get to 10/15 pages if no one opens any other lines of thought....
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2022
lookingfly:
all the questions I asked you.....you no fit answer oooo because truth too much.

I dont owe u any explantion.....ur questions are already off the context of my my own comment...u sound like u are accusing me of something.......we are just commenting randomly on a topic....and u are sounding like we are in a court....life no hard oooo.... speak ur truth how ever u like it....i speak mine.... thinking urs is superior is truck load of nonsense.......
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Utanisco(m): 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2022
icecool12:
Give tithe to those who actually need it. Not enrich criminals.
read Malachi

U will understand much

What the Lady did was to disobey God
Not the right thing

She is over robbing God

Malachi 3 verse the last

Thanku
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omojeesu(m): 10:08pm On Nov 19, 2022
There are Pastors and there are "Pastors".
None is our focus.
Our focus is Jesus Christ
The Author & Finisher of our faith.

Don't let any Pastor block you from receiving Jesus Christ into your life.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omojeesu(m): 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
Christians are not mandated to pay tithe, first fruits or even offerings but we are encouraged to give nonetheless especially to the poor & the needy. We are however mandated to love God & our fellows even enemies.

Give freely to support God's work & ministers but don't call it tithes. Rather they are your gift, donation, freewill offering, etc & God will bless you.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 12:16am On Nov 20, 2022
omonnakoda:
It is easy to find scriptures to suit any argument because the bible and Christianity are full of contradictions

Did he also not say “I did not come to bring peace, but a sword”

W. The simple truth is Christianity revoked the law. Do you know that under THE LAW women were supposed to sacrifice pigeons every time they menstruated , That pork is forbidden, that Shrimps and prawns and snails are forbidden. I could go on till tomorrow

The law requires circumcision but Christianity does not
1. This is a wrong assumption! Christianity is instead a logical system of thought that is God's New Covenant Law and Gospel in the Kingdom of God. The reason assume it is full of contradictions has to do confusion that stems from not realizing the contexts established by each of God's Laws in scripture. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not revoke the Old Law of Moses , this because He had no reason to nor the authority to do that since it is established as God's everlasting National Constitution specially designed by God for the Nation of Israel in the Kingdom of Canaan, an agreement which God gave only to those who are of the blood of Israel- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

Jesus Christ , on the other hand is God's New Covenant/agreement and Law, the Constitution, for those who are of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 & Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 - a different Covenant and jurisdiction from that of the Old Law of Moses. So there was no need for Him to revoke or abolish the Old Law which He, a Jew, also lived under while He was on Earth and fulfilled as a Jew. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by LocalMan2(m): 12:24am On Nov 20, 2022
A hypocrites spotted, you are pained because she did the right thing.
Jesus feed 5000 people then but this days a whole Church feed a Pastor now.

advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by LocalMan2(m): 12:28am On Nov 20, 2022
When last did you stone a prostitute to death in your Church? When they talk about tithe you will quickly run to old testament but when it's salvation and grace you will open new testament.
Whom are you deceiving?
Are you practicing the law of Christ or law of Moses?
Hypocrites.
Utanisco:
read Malachi

U will understand much

Not the right thing

She is over robbing God

Malachi 3 verse the last

Thanku

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 12:32am On Nov 20, 2022
Utanisco:
read Malachi
U will understand much
Not the right thing
She is over robbing God
Malachi 3 verse the last
Thanku
Malachi clearly indicated that God's message was directed at the Israelites, so wetin concern you, a Nigerian with that which God specifically addressed to the Israelites? undecided

Or is it you all think God an imbe_cile for excluding all other Nations from the agreement/Covenant which He made only with the children of Israel- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20? undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Pinkyposh(f): 3:29am On Nov 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Tithing and Offering Laws were designed by God as part of His tax System in His National Constitution for the State of Israel in the Land of Canaan - an agreement which God made only with those who have the blood of Israel(Jacob) coursing through their veins - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 30. So when God spoke to the people of the Land of Israel regarding robbing Him of taxes/tithes in the land, He spoke in reference to His agreement with them. undecided

So my question again to you is how can this woman who is not of the blood of Israel nor living in the land of Canaan be guilty of a crime that only applies to those who are of the blood of Israel and residing in the land of Canaan among the Israelites? undecided

How can a man in Nigeria be considered a criminal under the American constitution for a crime that only applies as far to American residents or citizens? undecided

The law was not given to the people of Israel alone.
The verse stated with "Will a man rob God"?in verse 8
It didn't indicate if it's the Israelites or the Egyptians or any one else but it's refering to all men no matter your nationality .

Then in verse 9: It says you are under a curse the whole nation of you. It didn't just the Israelites are under a curse
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Pinkyposh(f): 3:38am On Nov 20, 2022
omonnakoda:
You made the claim back it up
No one forced you
I didn't make any claim, it's in the Bible, don't misquote me
You asked for a reference, I gave you the verse to read up,but because you want to be spoon fed, you want me to copy and paste it here for you.

If you're really seeking for knowledge, it is your best interest to dig deeper by yourself that's how we learn even in schools
But if you don't want to know it's not compulsory
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 3:39am On Nov 20, 2022
Pinkyposh:
1. The law was not given to the people of Israel alone.

2. The verse stated with "Will a man rob God"?in verse 8 It didn't indicate if it's the Israelites or the Egyptians or any one else but it's refering to all men no matter your nationality .

3. Then in verse 9: It says you are under a curse the whole nation of you. It didn't just the Israelites are under a curse
1. So what you are saying then is that God, and Moses, lied in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 about the Law of Moses, the National Constitution of the State of Israel, belonging okay to the people of Israel? undecided

2. LOL... the particular statement that is verse 8 begins from verse 6 where God clearly states He was speaking to Jacob's children aka the Israelites. Again, are you trying to tell us that God also lied there? undecided

3. But, again, God made it clear in verse 6 that He was speaking in that context to the children of Jacob aka the Israelites. Are you saying here that God is liar and should not be believed? undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Pinkyposh(f): 3:53am On Nov 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So what you are saying then is that God, and Moses, lied in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 about the Law of Moses, the National Constitution of the State of Israel, belonging okay to the people of Israel? undecided

2. LOL... the particular statement that is verse 8 begins from verse 6 where God clearly states He was speaking to Jacob's children aka the Israelites. Again, are you trying to tell us that God also lied there? undecided

3. But, again, God made it clear in verse 6 that He was speaking in that context to the children of Jacob aka the Israelites. Are you saying here that God is liar and should not be believed? undecided

It's very difficult to make some of you to understand the Bible.
He was speaking to the Israelites at the point yes
Then in Verse 8, he asked a question " Will man rob God?
To you what will be your response?
He still replied the question even with an example
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 4:26am On Nov 20, 2022
Pinkyposh:
It's very difficult to make some of you to understand the Bible. He was speaking to the Israelites at the point yes . Then in Verse 8, he asked a question " Will man rob God? To you what will be your response? He still replied the question even with an example
Did you already abandon all you were taught in English comprehension class? undecided

Take a look at the passage below and show us exactly where you claim God went from speaking to the children of Israel to speaking to everyone else about robbing him. undecided
6 “I am the Lord, and I don’t change. You are Jacob’s children, and you have not been completely destroyed.
7 But you never obeyed my laws. Even your ancestors stopped following me. Come back to me, and I will come back to you.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said. “You say, ‘How can we come back?
8 “People should not steal things from God, but you stole things from me. “You say, ‘What did we steal from you?’ “You should have given me one-tenth of your things. You should have given me special gifts.
9 In this way your whole nation has stolen things from me, so bad things are happening to you.”
10 The Lord All-Powerful says, “Try this test. Bring one-tenth of your things to me. Put them in the treasury. Bring food to my house. Test me! If you do these things, I will surely bless you. Good things will come to you like rain falling from the sky. You will have more than enough of everything.
11 I will not let pests destroy your crops. All your grapevines will produce grapes.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said.
12 “People from other nations will be good to you. You will have a wonderful country.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said. - Malachi 3 vs 6 - 12
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Pinkyposh(f): 4:40am On Nov 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did you already abandon all you were taught in English comprehension class? undecided

Take a look at the passage below and show us exactly where you claim God went from speaking to the children of Israel to speaking to everyone else about robbing him. undecided

When you have blocked your way of reasoning, you can't understand it
Verse 8 clearly stated that, Will a man rob God?
Which means, are men supposed to rob God?
Does it mean he is referring to a particular kind of people?

Please I'm not here to argue with you on that, it you don't understand it, forget it, take what you understand, it's not by force or better still, if you have a pastor you go to him, or you can ask your mum, she can also help out
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 4:43am On Nov 20, 2022
Pinkyposh:

When you have blocked your way of reasoning, you can't understand it
Verse 8 clearly stated that, Will a man rob God?
Which means, are men supposed to rob God?
Does it mean he is referring to a particular kind of people?

Please I'm not here to argue with you on that, it you don't understand it, forget it, take what you understand, it's not by force or better still, if you have a pastor you go to him, or you can ask your mum, she can also help out

6 “I am the Lord, and I don’t change. You are Jacob’s children, and you have not been completely destroyed.
7 But you never obeyed my laws. Even your ancestors stopped following me. Come back to me, and I will come back to you.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said. “You say, ‘How can we come back?
8 “People should not steal things from God, but you stole things from me. “You say, ‘What did we steal from you?’ “You should have given me one-tenth of your things. You should have given me special gifts.
9 In this way your whole nation has stolen things from me, so bad things are happening to you.”
10 The Lord All-Powerful says, “Try this test. Bring one-tenth of your things to me. Put them in the treasury. Bring food to my house. Test me! If you do these things, I will surely bless you. Good things will come to you like rain falling from the sky. You will have more than enough of everything.
11 I will not let pests destroy your crops. All your grapevines will produce grapes.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said.
12 “People from other nations will be good to you. You will have a wonderful country.” This is what the Lord All-Powerful said. - Malachi 3 vs 6 - 12
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by GreenVILLETiPS: 6:43am On Nov 20, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin

MODIFIED

People quoting bible for me and/or asking me where what I said is in the Bible don't even pay tithe or help the needy grin.

I'm not dragging anything with anybody. That one no consign me. I no get strength for epistles . Yall just like quoting the verses that best suit you. cheesy

Get this, whether you build 100 houses for people without paying your tithe, God is still gonna question you. He's ways are not ours.

As far as I'm concerned, that "kind" lady ate her 90% and used God's 10% to build house for some body.

You can do whatever you want with 90% such as giving, building etc.
... But 10 is for God. Even if most "men of God" mismanage this funds, that's between them and Him.

U are very wise..
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 7:03am On Nov 20, 2022
LocalMan2:
A hypocrites spotted, you are pained because she did the right thing.
Jesus feed 5000 people then but this days a whole Church feed a Pastor now.

U cannot even read...... context u ddnt get... please ask for you money from where u graduated from...
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by HRprof: 9:52am On Nov 20, 2022
Onosy:

If she can use the 10% to build a house for a widow, what would she have done with the remaining 90%
What would you have done with the remaining 90% after paying your tithe of 10% so you know the answer wink
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Coronavirus1: 10:16am On Nov 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
More importantly, the Tithing and offering system found in the Law of Moses was set up by God as part of the tax system in the National Constitution of the State of Israel in the Land of Canaan for those who are of the blood of Jacob only - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided

It is utter foolishness for a Nigeria living in Nigeria to live according to the Constitution of a land that he does not belong to or live in. undecided
You are correct on this one.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omonnakoda: 11:31am On Nov 20, 2022
Pinkyposh:

I didn't make any claim, it's in the Bible, don't misquote me
You asked for a reference, I gave you the verse to read up,but because you want to be spoon fed, you want me to copy and paste it here for you.

If you're really seeking for knowledge, it is your best interest to dig deeper by yourself that's how we learn even in schools
But if you don't want to know it's not compulsory

Why are you telling lies? You made a claim
Pinkyposh:

She did well, but she has robbed God

Can you provide a scripture to back YOUR CLAIM
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by LocalMan2(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2022
E pain you, go drink snipper. You must be a useless Pastor. You are one of those that sleep with people's wives.

advanceDNA:

U cannot even read...... context u ddnt get... please ask for you money from where u graduated from...
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Pinkyposh(f): 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2022
omonnakoda:

Why are you telling lies? You made a claim

Can you provide a scripture to back YOUR CLAIM

Like I said it's not by force to learn
If you don't want it's fine
Happy Sunday
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Utanisco(m): 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Malachi clearly indicated that God's message was directed at the Israelites, so wetin concern you, a Nigerian with that which God specifically addressed to the Israelites? undecided

Or is it you all think God an imbe_cile for excluding all other Nations from the agreement/Covenant which He made only with the children of Israel- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20? undecided
who are the Israelites brother

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2022
Utanisco:
who are the Israelites brother
Those descended from the line of Jacob aka Israel? undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2022
Funny enough, the prophet Malachi was not even referring to the Children of isreal, but rather the priests in Isreal, the nation commanded by law to tithe. Chapter 3 is actually a continuation from chapter 2v1. (And now, oh ye priests, this commandments is for you). The priests were busy robbing the store house of a tenth of all the tithes.

Secondly, Heb 7:1-12, emphasis on 11$12;clearly makes us understand that since the death of Christ, the priesthood has changed hence the law.

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2022
LocalMan2:
E pain you, go drink snipper. You must be a useless Pastor. You are one of those that sleep with people's wives.

If you see pastor u suppose know....but sadly...u no too get sense to differantiate btw a pastor and a devil's advocate...
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lookingfly: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
advanceDNA:

I dont owe u any explantion.....ur questions are already off the context of my my own comment...u sound like u are accusing me of something.......we are just commenting randomly on a topic....and u are sounding like we are in a court....life no hard oooo.... speak ur truth how ever u like it....i speak mine.... thinking urs is superior is truck load of nonsense.......
hahahaha.....oya run to your master your G.O for more coaching before you come back. For we, we read and understand the bible ourself through the spirit of God.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omonnakoda: 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2022
Pinkyposh:

Like I said it's not by force to learn
If you don't want it's fine
Happy Sunday
Do not go around telling lies and making false biblical claims
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Please stop twisting things for the sake of men who are nothing but liars themselves abeg! undecided

This woman is not one of your pastors but you are here demanding she be held to a higher standard than you are obviously willing to hold your pastors simply on grounds that she refuses to obey your pastors and mogs. Why? lipsrsealed
You are one twisting things because of hatred for pastors

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

TB Joshua Predicted Election Postponement (Video) / Prophetess Morenikeji Egbin Orun Is Dead / Pastor Adeboye Is A Gay Cultist - Kemi Olunloyo (The Former Governor's Daughter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.