Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,500 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:28 PM

Best Tablet Out There To Buy - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Tablet Out There To Buy (3617 Views)

Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? / The Best Tablet Of 2010/ Early 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Tablet Out There To Buy by Tasma: 8:23am On Aug 25, 2011
Hi everyone, thinking of picking up a tablet and I'm not sure what will be a good buy in Nigeria. The ipad2 of course looks good but there is all the proprietary nonsense as well as the high cost. Also thinking of the blackberry playbook since I have a bb already that I can bridge with it. Problem with that not having 3g though, apparently must use wifi to download stuff. Lastly there is the samsung galaxy tab with the android os? Like the openness and versatility of that os. Of course there is the issue of available apps. Please experts tell me what you think before I go ahead.
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by Tasma: 9:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
Hey techies gimme some advice please. smiley
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by Tasma: 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2011
Some chap has a playbook 32 gb with external 4g for about 100k. Is that a good deal?
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by OOG(m): 8:19am On Nov 03, 2011
Probably the best Android Tablet currently in the market is:
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-B1 Tablet Computer
Operating System: Android 3.2 Honeycomb Platform (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgradable)
Display: 10.1-inch WSVGA IPS capacitive multi touch display built with durable and scratch-resistant glass; 178° viewing angle(1280 x 800)
Chipset: NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 Mobile Processor
Memory: 1GB DDR2
Wireless: 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth: Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
Storage: 32GB eMMC Flash
Camera: 1.2 megapixel (Front); 5.0 Megapixel (Rear)
Speakers: SRS Sound
Card Reader: Micro SD Card Reader
Input / Output: 1 x Mini HDMI, 2-in-1 audio jack (head phone/mic-in jack), internal mic
Battery Pack: 24.4 W/h Li-polymer battery (up to 9.5 hours)
Preloaded with Polaris® Office® 3.0 for editing MS Office documents.
Dimensions: 10.67" x 6.89" x 0.47" –inches (W x D x H)
Weight: 1.5lbs
Color: Espresso

Optional Keyboard/ Docking Station extends battery life to 16hrs, has 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 media card reader, a Multi-Touch Touchpad and has a matching color.
You can connect mice, keyboards, USB memory sticks and USB HDDs to the tablet with the docking station's 2 USB 2.0 ports for enhanced computing experience.

Price: N91,000
Optional Keyboard dock: N28,000

Available at O & O Gadgets
Our office is located at suite 29, block B, Sura Shopping Complex, Simpson street, Lagos Island.
You can reach us by sending an email to info@oandogadgets.com
or you can call +234 803 454 7919, +234 816 285 0941
Our website address is www.oandogadgets.com
And you can also find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/oandogadgets
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by lekson4: 8:10pm On Nov 08, 2011
can dis tablet make and receive calls?
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by OOG(m): 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2011
The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 does not have 3g capabilities.
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by lekson4: 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2011
ok, kindly do me a favour by listing out dose dat can make and receive phone call. so as to enable me to make choice for the one that i will order from you. thanks
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by aieromon(m): 1:11am On Nov 09, 2011
OOG:

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 does not have 3g capabilities.

This is one bada$$ tablet that i would have loved to have.Its a pity its not 3G enabled.
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by OOG(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2011
lekson4:

ok, kindly do me a favour by listing out dose dat can make and receive phone call. so as to enable me to make choice for the one that i will order from you. thanks

Unfortunately there are not many good tablets out there that can make phone calls and it seems the best at the moment is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. The Huawei S7 also has phone capabilities but the user reviews aren't impressive as Samsung's.

Also, I've heard that you can make phone calls and send text messages on your iPad if you can hack it but such procedures are not for the faint at heart. You may want to check this out: http://www.labnol.org/software/make-phone-calls-on-ipad/19561/
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by Johnpush: 5:23am On Feb 22, 2012
My best android tablet seems to be wiping and re-wiping itself now. The welcome screen keeps recurring and my apps are being deleted. I don't plug this into a PC at all. I just charge it up.
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by crazy4cellphon: 10:06am On Feb 24, 2012
From my experience, ASUS makes a decent product but if anything goes wrong, you are all but screwed. I am extraordinarily disappointed with their attitude that the customer is bothering them. I thought that it was just the USA distributor, but when I sent a message to ASUS' home office I never got a reply. I finally bought a new motherboard, NOT ASUS, and even the folks at the computer store told me ASUS is a royal pain even for them to do business with. Never again ASUS for me.

Thanks
http://crazy4cellphones.com
http://crazy4cellphones.com/upcoming-mobiles.php
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by Lexusgs430: 7:58am On Mar 02, 2012
I have a blackberry phone and it only made financial sense for me when I was tablet hunting to buy the blackberry playbook. With the recent 2.0 software update, that has finally put the playbook in a place it never was !!!!
Re: Best Tablet Out There To Buy by bigfatng: 7:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
very affordable tablet pc .

(1) (Reply)

How To Connect Two Ups Batteries To Only One Ups Device / Asus Rog G75vw 17" | Core I7 | 12gb Ram | 3gb Nvidia | 1.75 Terabyte Hdd. 120k / Hotmail Login History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.