Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,724 members, 7,879,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

I Will Request Debt Forgiveness For Nigeria – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Request Debt Forgiveness For Nigeria – Atiku (150 Views)

Buhari Has History Of Bringing Looted Funds To Nigeria – Atiku / USA Barred Buhari In 2001 Over Plan To Islamize Nigeria - Atiku / It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Request Debt Forgiveness For Nigeria – Atiku by Ayula96(m): 11:01am On Nov 19, 2022
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, has said he will ask for debt forgiveness or cancellation to relieve Nigeria’s foreign debts.

The former vice president, while speaking on his economic recovery plan at the Lagos Business School 2022 Alumni Day, also said his privatisation plan was not to render Nigerians jobless.

Speaking on a plethora of economic issues Nigeria is currently battling with, Atiku gave a brief background on the economic gains of the PDP between 1999 and 2007, including debt cancellation, privatisation, banking reforms, as well as the effective working partnership with the private sector.

He engaged the audience on economic issues, fuel subsidy, foreign exchange policy, debt crisis, and power, as well as issues bordering on the oil and gas sector at the event which had business executives in attendance.

He also used the platform to pay tribute to the private sector for the successes recorded by the PDP from 1999- 2007.

On the rising cost of governance, the former VP said he would revisit the Orosanye report and ensure the white paper report was in conformity with the principle of setting up the committee.

Speaking on fuel subsidy, Atiku noted how the PDP government had phased out subsidy in batches, saying, “I was the chairman for the removal of fuel subsidy committee and I recall how we removed the phase 1 and phase 2 of fuel subsidy. I will continue from were we stopped, remove fuel subsidy totally and channel the subsidy funds back to the economy.

Source: punch newspaper

Re: I Will Request Debt Forgiveness For Nigeria – Atiku by habsydiamond(m): 11:04am On Nov 19, 2022
Seek debt cancellation so as to owe another new ones abi... why not make nigeria profitable in other to boycott able to clear the outstanding debt and become an independent economy through exportations of various resources. When u seek debt cancellation it means this country is not working at all.
Re: I Will Request Debt Forgiveness For Nigeria – Atiku by Veramirabel: 11:07am On Nov 19, 2022
Am here for my business not for any other thing

(1) (Reply)

Atiku As The WEALTH Wealth CREATOR: The Nigeria's Next President / To Whom It May Concern / Kwara Born Youth Leader Bags Lifetime Achievement Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.