Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,424 members, 7,881,556 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:45 PM

Obi Clarifies Statement On Peter Odili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Clarifies Statement On Peter Odili (175 Views)

Governor Fubara, Peter Odili & His Wife Commission Dualised Omoku-Egbema Road / We Didn’t Call For Boycott Of Anambra Election – IPOB Clarifies Statement / Briyai's resignation: We do not have power to sack REC-INEC clarifies statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Clarifies Statement On Peter Odili by lekanolas: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has clarified his statement in Port Harcourt misunderstood to mean that he and former Rivers State governor Peter Odili were classmates.
Obi was in Rivers State on Thursday to commission the Nkpolu-Oroworokwo flyover on the invitation of Governor Nyesom Wike.

Obi had said, “Dr. Peter Odili was my Senior Boy in Secondary School. We couldn’t have played football in CKC without Odili. Any day he is not in the match we’ve lost, so we know. I have people in Rivers state that went to school with me, some people nobody have seen people who went to school with them. So we must say this.”

Obi’s statement generated a lot of controversies because publicly available records said Mr Odili, governor from 1999 to 2007, was born in 1948 and graduated from high school in 1967.

From the record, Odili graduated more than a decade before Mr Obi and barely six years after the Labour politician was born in 1961.

Responding to the controversies, Obi in a series of Tweets on Saturday said his comment was “deliberately” taken out of context.

“My remarks when I visited Port Harcourt have been wrongly interpreted by some people. The former Governor of Rivers State, Dr Peter Odili and I, are among other prominent Nigerians that schooled in Christ the King College (CKC) Onitsha, and we remain alumni of the school.

I did not say that former Governor Odili was my classmate, rather I said that he was a great footballer in my school, and we all cherished and had good memories of his football exploits when we got into the school.

I was in CKC from 1973 to 1978 and Dr Peter Odili had graduated before I got into the school. He was such a fabulous footballer whose image still loomed large even in our time, especially considering the fact that my Primary School was very close to CKC

The Primary School that I attended, Santa Maria School/Holy Trinity School, were both owned by the same Catholic Church that owned Christ the King College (CKC), Onitsha. In fact, both Primary Schools were feeder schools to CKC,and a large number of pupils who passed through the schools ended up in CKC for secondary education. – PO
https://newsday.com.ng/obi-clarifies-statement-on-peter-odili/
Re: Obi Clarifies Statement On Peter Odili by TimFisher2: 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2022
undecided

Why are you responding to smelly urchins

Did Odili go to CKC? Yes!

Did he played Football? Yes!

Was he Obi's senior in school? Yes!

Case closed!

Unlike Amoda that is the last of it's kind..even Buhari classmates visited him in Katsina.

Everything about Amoda is just fraud from A to Z

Balu bulala bulumkum bululu

1 Like

Re: Obi Clarifies Statement On Peter Odili by Mintyguy(m): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2022
This is perhaps one of the most ridiculous rebuttal I have ever listened to.
How will you have a fond memory of something you were never a witness to... nawa oo
Re: Obi Clarifies Statement On Peter Odili by gozmok1(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2022
The people that would vote for APC in the coming elections have been classified into these 4 groups:
Tribalists,
Religious fanatics,
Political actors and,
Illiterates.
Check the list and note where you belong

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Living On One Battery Bar, He Should Go And Rest, Dino Video / Question For Northerners (Kwankwaso and Atiku) / Babazango Says Adamawa APC Is On A Solid Track For Victory In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.