Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:17 AM

What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook (22729 Views)

Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) / Control That Addiction / Open Heaven 9 January 2020- Control That Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by limitless777(m): 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2022
Dshocker:

Money is the root of all evil...

WRONG Sir.

It's the ""love of money"" (rather than GOD ALMIGHTY and humanity).
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by 99thEnemy(m): 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
Emmanuel602:
Alcohol
Very bad idea. It will lead to dependency anytime he gets angry hence he will become an alcoholic.
That will be another problem created while the initial problem is still there not to talk of the depression that alcoholism brings.

Solving the underlying causes of anger is the best way to tackle it bro.

I have had my fair share of experience.
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Ammmy: 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2022
Masturbation. When I don't have a husband

1 Like

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by 2rez: 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jubilancy:
mine ; lust

Rubilanshy

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Sammy5413(m): 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hatred for all these grandpa's contesting for president and I can't help it

1 Like

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by 2rez: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jackbaur88:
To be sincere, I don't have addictions to any anything. Be it food, money, drinks, sexual feelings.
I only desire to please God and make impact in life

To be a lot more sincere with you bloke, you need discover yourself. You gotta be addicted to something. Addiction is part of life. However, being addicted to something has got nothing to do with your desire, i am telling you.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by drimzsmoke(m): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2022
Opioid (T.M)

1 Like

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by spiceadole: 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
VULCAN:
Have skimmed through some of your posts and these are my observations.

1. You have psychological issues. 25-35% of your posts reveal your misandry. You have a hatred of the male gender.

2. You are a tribalist. You hate Igbos

3. You are either a Yoruba Muslim, a Christian who has fallen from the faith or an atheist. Your negativity towards things that have to do with Christ says it all.

3. Although you claim to be a medical doctor I have serious reservations about that because your vocabulary is just above secondary school level. Doctors are amongst the most well read individuals. Probably only your husband is a doctor but you have claimed his certificate as your own on Nairaland. LOL

You say you wanted to marry a doctor for Japa things. Why would a doctor be looking to marry another doctor for Japa things. Couldnt you get to UK with your own certificate? Abi you were so certain you were incapable of passing PLAB yourself?

4. You are a deceiver who did not tell your poor husband that you hate sex while courting. Now you masturbate to get satisfaction. Perhaps you were raped as a teen which might explain your hatred for men and sex. Who knows?

5. Deep down you are hoping your husband does something to end the marriage so you will be free. You don't want to end it yourself cos you don't want to look like a bad person.

But you are a bad person so do the needful and let the man find a woman who will love him for himself and not for his certificate and japa..

There are more observations but let me stop here for now.

Are you done?

Jobless you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by 900warriorz: 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2022
miyagi01:
My addiction is loving BAT too much and not seeing that stop anytime soon smiley
Shaa no carry Ebola come Naija again oo angry

BAT has never been associated with good things cheesy

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by steryj(m): 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2022
Stupid desire for sex
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Socratiz: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2022
Every addiction is used as a coping mechanism for trauma.

Trauma is an emotional response to a terrible event such as abuse (physical or emotional), sexual violence (rape,) natural disaster, bad accident etc.

Long-term emotional response may include mood swings, relationship challenges, flashbacks, addictions, anger, social anxiety etc.

It is important to seek professional help from as psychologist or psychiatrist or psychotherapist.

The solution is not to assume God would overlook any of these problems but to seek for help
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Brownshoe: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2022
May God deliver you from it,
wiseone28:
Making money everyday
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by steryj(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
Sniper101:
Dicking somebody's wife grin
stairway to heaven or hell
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Agbemiga27(m): 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
Sport betting dats my biggest problem

1 Like

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Leogreat5: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
Mine is brokeness ....Wanna break away from that Chain

1 Like

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2022
Socratiz:
Every addiction is used as a coping mechanism for trauma.

Trauma is an emotional response to a terrible event such as abuse (physical or emotional), sexual violence (rape,) natural disaster, bad accident etc.

Long-term emotional response may include mood swings, relationship challenges, flashbacks, addictions, anger, social anxiety etc.

It is important to seek professional help from as psychologist or psychiatrist or psychotherapist.

The solution is not to assume God would overlook any of these problems but to seek for help

It does not work joor. Mine started preaching the Holy Bible to me as if I was some possessed devil.

I have since given up as I believe it's a way of life. Trauma will find you even if you don't look for it.

We will all be done some day. None will be alive by year 2150.
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Prophet777: 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2022
Comrade, I hail ooo!
NOETHNICITY:
Mine is beautiful women

It was easy for me to give up alcohol and smoking.

But whenever I’m driving and I see a very beautiful womam I apply my breaks without thinking.
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Mamijoh(f): 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2022
Christane:
I was ashamed to say it but it is masturbation and blue films
cry cry cry cry
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Mamijoh(f): 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
KUKUNASE
Which one be KUKUNASE? grin
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by CakesToolsOvens(f): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nothing really except i would call using my phone for social media business post and addiction.

Honesty i am grateful to God that there is no vice or habit i am addicted to.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Fuckallmods: 4:43pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Are you always busy? (Do you have work that takes most of your time?)
why ona dey talk like mumu... U go work 24 hrs a day? Masturbation takes minutes from ur spare time and it has nothing to do with ur engagements

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by MDK777: 4:43pm On Nov 20, 2022
SportBettinGS
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Bigbenn(m): 4:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
MaryJane. I really want to stop cry cry
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Socratiz: 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2022
[quote author=litigator post=118545370]

It does not work joor. Mine started preaching the Holy Bible to me as if I was some possessed devil.

I have since given up as I believe it's a way of life. Trauma will find you even if you don't look for it.

We will all be done some day. None will be alive by year 2150.

You must have related with an untrained counsellor.

The truth is that pastors give advice, they don't counsel.

Counseling requires training.

I have had 5 years training to become a certified Counsellor and I still do lots of Continuous Professional Development courses

If you work with a certified Counsellor, you will discover that it is helpful.

I help people recover from all forms of addictions and also do marriage counseling.

Please approach a qualified counselor and you will see the difference.

By the way, anyone who is not registered with Counselling Association of Nigeria is not a qualified counselor.
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Imansportzcasmi: 5:00pm On Nov 20, 2022
spiceadole:
Masturbation...

I don't even enjoy my husband touching me.

I prefer to touch myself
for real
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by judedwriter(m): 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
What is that habit or addiction that you have been battling or battled for long, with almost every of the resources available to you, but it still looks like the habit is winning, that you can't go awhile without engaging in it? and that sometimes, you wish God could just be overlooking it and not count it as a sin against you?

Mine is WRATH
Supposing, I was given the opportunity to see God face-to-face to make a request, and God asked me to choose a habit/sin that I would want to be deleted from the list of sins, without batting an eyelid, I will immediately choose WRATH.

Anger is one habit that has held me down for long, which I've battled with almost all the resources available to me, it's sometimes causes a great issue between me and the members of my family or the public, most of the time, I'll curse the hell out of my wife, family member or any person, at a slightest provocation. I lost a great contract deal at one time as a result of this issue of anger because the client said what I didn't want to hear.

Sometimes, I would be tempted to engage in activities that would help me stay away from things that cause one to be angered and be happy at all times such as womanizing, alcoholism and gluttony, but as God would have it, I've controlled myself not to indulge in such types of activities as they reduce one to a piece of bread.

Please house, for those that have been and successfully gotten out of this issue, how did you do it? What magic did you you apply to overcome it?

Please help a brother.

By personality you are a choleric. You are driven by anger and a result oriented person.

People given to anger are avoided even by family members because of their sarcastic statements and abusive words. Such people are very manipulative as well. They use people to get their goals.

To overcome anger, be filled with God's presence and the Holy Spirit by spending time in prayers, praises and Bible study.

You need the fruits of the Holy Spirit, especially love, self control, meekness, etc.

I would commend a book written by the late Tim LaHaye : Spirit controlled temperaments.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by seanwilliam(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2022
Anger
Rescinding decision
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by apache22b: 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2022
What's up

spiceadole:

What for?

You think you have seen a foolish woman?

Smh
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Imoksp(m): 5:59pm On Nov 20, 2022
Can someone here teach me this masturbation? I don't know how to do it and I am very much interested in it. Send me a Whatsap message if you are in Lagos and willing to teach me for free. LOL. 08165807578. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Iliveforever(m): 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2022
spiceadole:

The marriage can go to hell anytime.
The most important thing is I have kids and a source of income.
I don't enjoy sex..that's it

Can you please open up to your husband?
Re: What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook by Itstemi10: 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From Helen Oritsejafor's Birthday Celebration / Kukah To Buhari: Nigerians Didnt Vote You To Blame Jonathan / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.