Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,734 members, 7,965,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 08:24 PM

Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal (858 Views)

How Can You Develop And Build Up Yur Site To Attract Members / Mobile Apps In Africa – How To Develop And Market Your Apps Business In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal by thompsob(m): 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2011
im currently working as portal administrator/liaison officer . i dont have any IT knowledge. i only represent the company in the school.
these are my duties:

1)to report any error made by students as regards registration

2) upload courses on the portal

pls i really need to learn how to develop a portal and act as a support to the portal , pls what and what do i need to learn to make me a real portal administrator?
Re: Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal by joomlaman(m): 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2011
@ thompsob,
To develop and maintain/Manage a College Portal, you need the following:
1. A computer
2. Internet service
3. A domain name
4. Hosting space
5. Web design skill (CMS skill is Ok)

If you need help in setting every thing up, call me on 08039508010.
Enjoy!
Re: Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal by theagent: 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2011
All you need is a good web deign and hosting company like: www.nigerianwebhosts.com they provide everything you need.

domain name
hosting with email
Website design
website maintenance

If you need more information contact Nigerian Webhosts: info@nigerianwebhosts.com or sales@nigerrianwebhosts.com

Thats all there is to it.
Re: Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal by divinetalent(m): 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2011
Good Day,

Been programming for long now and hacks too, to develop a portal, you just have to learn a server and client side programming language like php, aspx, java applets,perl, python, css, html, javascript, ajax and a database like Mysql, oracle, Sql.

However, you can check my work @ www.talkem.com , an online forum 100% coded by me where you can post topics, comments and even upload pictures and also my company websites www.idigitgs.com.

I can do anything we it comes to web applications. Have so many web applications yet to be launch in my local host.

Will be glad to work with you. Thanks

You can calll me through 08030716751 or
email me @ igweze@live.com
Mr Igweze Mark E
Re: Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal by mamosville(m): 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2011
you cant do it alone, you need help
Re: Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal by yamakuza: 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2011
@op:
it seems the portal is already in place and your job is to manage it?

In that case, training from the portal suppliers or a good IT school around you is what you need.

Or you can specify your location and see if anyone here close to you can give you one on one coaching.
Re: Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal by CyberGuru1(m): 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2011
To manage a successful school portal requires lots of technical know-how which cannot even be discuse here. First the portal architecture/development shall be handled by a web proffessional. I have years of experience on school portal development. Call me on: 08067068238 to send the documents to you!
Re: Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal by thompsob(m): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2011
thanks all for your replies, now lets assume the portal will be develop by a professional, what about the management ? for example along the semester if there are errors on the portal ,do i always consult the professional for everitin ? then what about the pin code generation, do i aslo have to always consult the professional say for example a pin is not paying etc?
pls i need ur urgent reply
Re: Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal by CyberGuru1(m): 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2011
@OP: Remember that u mentioned 'management' and not 'Development', and that makes you a 'manager' not 'developer'. The act of correcting error shall be carried out by you and the developer depending on the gravitity of the error.
Re: Pls What And What Do I Need To Develop And Manage A College Portal by CyberGuru1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2011
@OP: Remember that u mentioned 'management' and not 'Development', and that makes you a 'manager' not 'developer'. The act of correcting error shall be carried out by you and the developer depending on the gravitity of the error.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Receive Adsense Check To My P.o.box Via Secured Express Delivery? / Problem In Installing Linux Red Hat V8.0 On Vmware For Windows Workstation / Neo Generation Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.