Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,471 members, 7,891,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:24 PM

Running Water And Electricity Constant In Libya - What Happened To Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Running Water And Electricity Constant In Libya - What Happened To Nigeria? (1034 Views)

REPLY: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area.Why?what Happened?by MizMyColi / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Running Water And Electricity Constant In Libya - What Happened To Nigeria? by blacksta(m): 2:13pm On Aug 25, 2011
Still Constant even when the country is going through a civil war - I think this proves that the mentioned services are intentionally being sabotaged in Nigeria

Re: Running Water And Electricity Constant In Libya - What Happened To Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2011
blacksta:

Still Constant even when the country is going through a civil war - I think this proves that the mentioned services are intentionally being sabotaged in Nigeria

It only proves we are richer than libya grin grin grin

1: Running Water from Public Utilities is now Secondary source (very unreliable)- We can afford Sachet Pure Water and Mai-Ruwa
2: Electricity from Public Utilities is now Secondary source (very unreliable)- we can afford Petrol Generators 24/7
Re: Running Water And Electricity Constant In Libya - What Happened To Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
Was that supposed to be funny?
Re: Running Water And Electricity Constant In Libya - What Happened To Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2011
afam4eva:

Was that supposed to be funny?

It is called Rhetoric - a sad (but true) irony don't you think smiley
Re: Running Water And Electricity Constant In Libya - What Happened To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
How will importers of generators,petrol and diesel make their money if everything is working fine in naija ?
Re: Running Water And Electricity Constant In Libya - What Happened To Nigeria? by KnowAll(m): 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2011
[b]The technology behind the supply of these basic necessities of life is about 300 years old, in case of water and about 200 years old in case of electricity. The absence of this services in Nigeria is an indictment on our leaders, Our leaders today have been emboldened in recent times when compared with what happened in the early days of our Republic, when 10%centers was the golden rule to outright theft where contracts going into billion of dollars would be awarded without an iota or a grain of sand shifted to the site.

This trend began with IBB sorry to say. If Félix Houphouët Boigny
of Cote de Voire can wake up one day and build the largest church in the world, I see no reasons why our Government cannot wake up one week and supply her citizens with these basic services. However this comes at a price, if they provide this service it would hit the ‘projected revenue stream’ or mis-appropriated revenue our leaders have pencilled down for themselves over a 4 year period.

The fact is electricity and water is not a priority in Nigeria, if it were, you would have it tomorrow.[/b]
Re: Running Water And Electricity Constant In Libya - What Happened To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2011
It means that Ghadaffi is better than all our clueless presidents both military and democratic. . .
Re: Running Water And Electricity Constant In Libya - What Happened To Nigeria? by KnowAll(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2011
It means that Ghadaffi is better than all our clueless presidents both military and democratic

No it does not mean that, both set of countries have different priorities. Gaddafi made it a cardinal developmental point, but our recent leaders have a different view since they can always buy generators and dig bore holes behind their houses. When I was growing up all the houses I lived between 1970 and 1975 in Kano City had hot water tubs and light was constant, so the pains we have today are negligence of our recent crops of leaders starting from IBB obviously they had a different priority.

(1) (Reply)

Justice Ayo Salami's Successor Reshuffles Presidential Election Tribunal / Enugu And Ebonyi Borders Should Look Like This Right Now / Nigeria Arrests Boko Haram 'head' Muhammed Hamza Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.