Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,190 members, 7,967,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 05:05 PM

Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match (36606 Views)

Remote Controlled Car Delivers Match Ball At Euro 2020 Opening Match (Photos) / Women's World Cup 2019: France Scores Fastest Goal In Opening Match (Photos) / World Cup 2018: Russia Prepared For World Cup Opening Match Against Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by SugarGirl44(f): 6:50am On Nov 22, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

As Iran's anthem played on, television cameras showed the country's players tight lipped.

Just as Nigerian players should do at any international event, cos Nigeria is not a nation, it’s unity is a forced one.

British people are more interested in the fake unity than the indegenous people.

This is what this fool tweeted yesterday.
The audacity of him to ask for Nigeria to stay as one!

1 Like

Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 22, 2022
who cares! nonsense and ingredients
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by oluwaseyi0: 7:23am On Nov 22, 2022
Dalil8:
Virtue signalling.

They should not be allowed entry into Iran. Traitors!

You surely don't know what's going on presently in Iran

Ladies are been killed for not wearing hijab

1 Like

Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Dalil8: 8:05am On Nov 22, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

You surely don't know what's going on presently in Iran

Ladies are been killed for not wearing hijab

Are black people not killed everyday by cops in America just for being black?
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by fmonigent(m): 8:25am On Nov 22, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
shut up your dirty mouth,women are treated poorly in that country,due that wicked religion and you call virtue signal ,a woman was tortured to death all because the force man felt she didn't put on her hijab properly, leading to protest ,women are standing up for themselves in that country, meanwhile cowards like just throw new lingos around

Leave the yeye foul
Dash am shikini sense abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by papajingolo(m): 8:33am On Nov 22, 2022
If I may ask boss how can they make it attractive [/color][color=#000000]
nazicartel:
Who sponsored them to Qatar nah?... I was asked by an NFF scribe about how to develop our league. I told him total privatization. He went mute for sometime. Then I asked him why he's not saying anything and he told me that people ain't showing interest in venturing into sports in Nigeria. Then I told him they can make it attractive.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Elsueno: 8:34am On Nov 22, 2022
Kobonaire234:

The Iranian government could have avoided this by putting the guy who hit Masha on trial, and either suspending or sacking him from work . Instead they tried the coverup game. The more they do not sort out things like this, the more they set unnecessary problems for themselves.

Simple & easy

Iran seems to also forget the U.S & Israel thoroughly want thier demise, especially d U.S, they want those natural resources underground. What's making me laugh is d Iranian protesters thinking all d western support for women to dress naked, some to d extent of showing boobs Infront of mosques is cool & trendy..... I tend to have dis sick feeling, when western nations fully support chaos in other countries to throw out established norms, it always ENDS UP WORST 4 D PEOPLE EVENTUALLY....Countless examples abound already
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Ckonnet: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2022
Kobonaire234:
All I am going to say is this..

In the USA, which Iran hates, four policemen put a man by the name of George floyd in a position where he died. (Now, I am not here to retry the case, or determine who was evil...so don't disturb me). All the policemen were arrested, and jailed. Yes there were protests, but at the end, no one called for the US government to be removed from power.

Iran, a girl is arrested for breaking the law. (Note: I am not here to discuss whether Hijab is right or wrong. or do the usual discussion on Islam). The cops in essence beat her to death. Beating her to death was not part of their job...they should have arrested, processed her, got her to court and done the usual sentencing. Instead, one of the cops decided to play tough guy, and hit her badly.

What the Iranian government should have done is simple. Investigate, arrest the cops involved, sack some people , make the people directly involved undergo some punishment, and who knows, they would have been hailed today. Yes, some protests, but not to the extent where they are calling for the government to be removed.

But no, they instead tried to cover it up. As a result...a lot of angry people, and mass protests. Yes they will fizzle out. But that;s another reservioir of anger for tomorrow.

The problem with Iran is not their religon, or the fact that they have 'restrictive' laws on women(I believe that Iran could benefit from a secular government, but for now, they have the form of government most of them appear to want. And anyway, I am making a point here..). It is the fact that at the end, when injustice is done by the people supposed to enforce justice, there is a cover up instead of admitting mistakes were made, and no one gets punished. As a result people get angry.

In the USA...for many years , people were subjected to police brutality..especially blacks. When the anger exploded in the 1964-68 period...where whole parts of cities burned and burned...that's when the government sat up and started implementing changes. Of course it did not change overnight...but today, be a Arrow as a law enforcement officer...and you get punished.

The Iranian government could have avoided this by putting the guy who hit Masha on trial, and either suspending or sacking him from work . Instead they tried the coverup game. The more they do not sort out things like this, the more they set unnecessary problems for themselves.

You are not far from the truth but I believe the young's lady death was just a catalyst. Their has been several protest in the past for change of system of government which gives ayatollah the supreme power and not even the elected president and Iranians despite their religious belief are more liberal at heart than any other moslem country.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Havertz10: 9:57am On Nov 22, 2022
Iranians government is as nationalist as they come, they have been fighting against American interference in their society for decades. Stupid players dancing to the tune of their puppet master.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Buliwyf: 10:24am On Nov 22, 2022
Dalil8:
Virtue signalling.

Dumb mugu that just throw about words they hear on the internet and don't even know the best time to use it. Maybe they don't even want to go back to that shit hole country anyway
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by LogicnReason: 10:28am On Nov 22, 2022
They are protesting racism in the world which has not yet gone away. Racism in Qatar where your black brothers are treated like slaves;racism in America, in UK their own coun try and everywhere else. An idi.otic mum.u like you is so daft that I see the rest of your life wasting if you don't dump your bigotry. Those white boys have nothing to lose. They show support for their black teammates. Mum.u
OLAADEGBU:
The England team should be ashamed to be kneeling down in front of the Iranians who themselves were protesting against their own regimes. I wonder what England are protesting for since the Americans who their are mimicking have long forgotten about it since the rogue police had been locked up. undecided
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 22, 2022
Ckonnet:

You are not far from the truth but I believe the young's lady death was just a catalyst. Their has been several protest in the past for change of system of government which gives ayatollah the supreme power and not even the elected president and Iranians despite their religious belief are more liberal at heart than any other moslem country.

Well, most iranians are generally content with the govenrment as it is...and there is some limited democracy.

But like you said....there have been many incidents under the government where people have been mistreated, and everyone kept quiet because 'complaining about it means you are attacking the govenrment and supporting the Western imperialists'. Meanwhile, anger builds up

Whereas, if a policeman who had hit several citizens for nothing in Iran several years ago...had been punished, sacked and disciplined...and jailed...people won't be so angry.

Don't want to be overthrown? Punish the cop who shot someone for nothing instantly. No one would call for a coup.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 22, 2022
Dalil8:

Are black people not killed everyday by cops in America just for being black?

Yes, but the big difference is

1.Many cops who shoot people for nothing get punished for their crimes, shooting black people included.

2.In Iran, do the same, you won't get punished. And it has happened so many times that people are too angry to care anymore.

3.In America, it used to be much worse for black people. Till they exploded in 1964-8. Then things changed.

Geroge Floyd and Philando castiles's killers are in jail now. As are many others.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Juleeee: 10:40am On Nov 22, 2022
Dalil8:
Virtue signalling.

You have no idea what is going in Iran ok, so shut the f up
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 22, 2022
The best way to prevent goverments being overthrown is to punish the policeman who beat up a pickpocket till he died because that is not what he was meant to do.

Little injustices always add up.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by IamPlato(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2022
Kobonaire234:
All I am going to say is this..

In the USA, which Iran hates, four policemen put a man by the name of George floyd in a position where he died. (Now, I am not here to retry the case, or determine who was evil...so don't disturb me). All the policemen were arrested, and jailed. Yes there were protests, but at the end, no one called for the US government to be removed from power.

Iran, a girl is arrested for breaking the law. (Note: I am not here to discuss whether Hijab is right or wrong. or do the usual discussion on Islam). The cops in essence beat her to death. Beating her to death was not part of their job...they should have arrested, processed her, got her to court and done the usual sentencing. Instead, one of the cops decided to play tough guy, and hit her badly.

What the Iranian government should have done is simple. Investigate, arrest the cops involved, sack some people , make the people directly involved undergo some punishment, and who knows, they would have been hailed today. Yes, some protests, but not to the extent where they are calling for the government to be removed.

But no, they instead tried to cover it up. As a result...a lot of angry people, and mass protests. Yes they will fizzle out. But that;s another reservioir of anger for tomorrow.

The problem with Iran is not their religon, or the fact that they have 'restrictive' laws on women(I believe that Iran could benefit from a secular government, but for now, they have the form of government most of them appear to want. And anyway, I am making a point here..). It is the fact that at the end, when injustice is done by the people supposed to enforce justice, there is a cover up instead of admitting mistakes were made, and no one gets punished. As a result people get angry.

In the USA...for many years , people were subjected to police brutality..especially blacks. When the anger exploded in the 1964-68 period...where whole parts of cities burned and burned...that's when the government sat up and started implementing changes. Of course it did not change overnight...but today, be a Arrow as a law enforcement officer...and you get punished.

I don't know Bout Iran but you see America you talked about, that is exactly what they want you to know...

Go and look for the documentary called The greatest lie ever sold and you will be shocked.

Go on YouTube and listen to people like Candace Owens, Ben Shapiro, Conservative Twins, Lou Valentino, you will be shocked as to how much American government fooled you all.

Black's are not the victims, there are just many lazy fools in the black Community that don't want to carry the cross of their foolishness.

Black lives matter is a scam...

Go and learn the truth... The police man didn't kill George Floyd...

Don't allow American government fool you, the liberals have messed up America so bad
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2022
IamPlato:
I don't know Bout Iran but you see America you talked about, that is exactly what they want you to know...

Go and look for the documentary called The greatest lie ever sold and you will be shocked.

Go on YouTube and listen to people like Candace Owens, Ben Shapiro, Conservative Twins, Lou Valentino, you will be shocked as to how much American government fooled you all.

Black's are not the victims, there are just many lazy fools in the black Community that don't want to carry the cross of their foolishness.

Black lives matter is a scam...

Go and learn the truth... The police man didn't kill George Floyd...

Don't allow American government fool you, the liberals have messed up America so bad

Well, at teh end of the day, the American system prevails because they have learned to punish the policemen who attack citizens for nothing.

If the Iranians did the same, no one would be thinking of removing them at all.

Even if the evil American system is removed and overthrown, at the end if a lawmam kills someone for nothing and nothing is done under your new system, people are going to keep getting angry.

Revolutions don't start because someone came along to lead the masses. They start because of several little injustices that were not dealt with at the local level
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Ckonnet: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Well, most iranians are generally content with the govenrment as it is...and there is some limited democracy.

But like you said....there have been many incidents under the government where people have been mistreated, and everyone kept quiet because 'complaining about it means you are attacking the govenrment and supporting the Western imperialists'. Meanwhile, anger builds up

Whereas, if a policeman who had hit several citizens for nothing in Iran several years ago...had been punished, sacked and disciplined...and jailed...people won't be so angry.

Don't want to be overthrown? Punish the cop who shot someone for nothing instantly. No one would call for a coup.

I believe most of them are not really cool with the system, from policy to the strict control of individuals. Even their branch of Islam is more liberal also, they just wanted a normal free society.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Truthday: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
shut up your dirty mouth,women are treated poorly in that country,due that wicked religion and you call virtue signal ,a woman was tortured to death all because the force man felt she didn't put on her hijab properly, leading to protest ,women are standing up for themselves in that country, meanwhile cowards like just throw new lingos around

Women are more educated than men in islamic republic of iran.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by IamPlato(m): 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Well, at teh end of the day, the American system prevails because they have learned to punish the policemen who attack citizens for nothing.

If the Iranians did the same, no one would be thinking of removing them at all.

Even if the evil American system is removed and overthrown, at the end if a lawmam kills someone for nothing and nothing is done under your new system, people are going to keep getting angry.

Revolutions don't start because someone came along to lead the masses. They start because of several little injustices that were not dealt with at the local level
. What ever injustice is not commit on one particular race of people like the way black Americans portray it.

Police brutality is everywhere... And most times it was not police brutality, it was just the media twisting stories to create conflict and earn money
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by Igbodicool(m): 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2022
Just like British Niger area anthem is banned in the East till further notice.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36am On Nov 23, 2022
guywitzerogal:

this protest is America Oriented, Iranian shouldn’t allow there country turn to the next Libya

Iranians knows the difference between freedom and bondage. They've tasted freedom before the tyrants took over.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by guywitzerogal(m): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Iranians knows the difference between freedom and bondage. They've tasted freedom before the tyrants took over.
please which freedom? Because last I checked Sanctions on Iran is the reason they are the way they are….just like Russia.
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
guywitzerogal:

please which freedom? Because last I checked Sanctions on Iran is the reason they are the way they are….just like Russia.

What Iran Looked Like in the 1960s and 1970s, before the Islamic Revolution.

https://www.atchuup.com/iran-in-the-1960s-and-1970s/

Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by guywitzerogal(m): 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

What Iran Looked Like in the 1960s and 1970s, before the Islamic Revolution.

https://www.atchuup.com/iran-in-the-1960s-and-1970s/
and you really believe this picture?
Re: Iran's Players Refuse To Sing National Anthem Ahead Of World Cup Opening Match by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
Dalil8:
Virtue signalling.

[b]They should not be allowed entry into Iran
. Traitors![/b]

Why not?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neymar Celebrates 27th Birthday In Style Despite Nursing Injury (photos) / Kenneth Omeruo's Daughter Wearing His Medal / 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.