Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,424 members, 7,911,051 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:12 AM

Nigerian Police Force Is Under Equipped/funded To Curtail The Incesant Robbery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Force Is Under Equipped/funded To Curtail The Incesant Robbery (4106 Views)

What Nigerian Air Force Is Planning To Do To Stubborn BH Terrorists / A Soldier With A Rifle Cannot Claim To Be Under-equipped- Badeh / Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Police Force Is Under Equipped/funded To Curtail The Incesant Robbery by Mamajama(m): 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2007
thunder74 Nice analogy. The issue of leadership start with IBB, he squandered Nigerian money stupidly and stole lots of it too. we need to find a way to boost the morale of this policemen is we demand results
Re: Nigerian Police Force Is Under Equipped/funded To Curtail The Incesant Robbery by naijaway(m): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2007
they don't only need funds. Their scale of preference should be technological equipments first, training in everything from social relations on duty to intelligence gathering, then funding.
Is not everytime, someone calls the police they are ready to ask unnecessary questions eg How many dem(robbers) dey?, which kind gun dem carry?, etc; and the worst part is their response time and finally their handling of situations.
Re: Nigerian Police Force Is Under Equipped/funded To Curtail The Incesant Robbery by thunder74(m): 9:39am On Aug 30, 2007
@ Naijaway: I wish to disagree a little with your position on how the situation should be solved though with due respect to your opinions, how do you expect a man who is not properly encouraged and motivated to listen to whatever training you are given or how will he use the so called suphisticated weapon you are purchasing? I think the reform should be wholistic in nature but I suggest that their morals should be boosted first. Why do many Nigeria want to work in an Oil companies and Banks today? Is it because of the Long working hours or the risk of kidnapping or the danger attached to exploiration? I think when you look at the welfare you will not consider the risk and the stress you give to the job. Back to Police, if we are able to guarantee our Officers that; if you die while in active service your family will be adequately compensated and taking care off, anybody then can go ahead and put his life in danger bc he knows that his death will not be in vain and his family will not suffer. Why do you think that people are enlisting everyday to be a suicide bomber in Iraq or world over today? I guess the welfare package in encouraging but in Nigeria, the so called "take home" will not follow you to the road how much more your home because you must settle your last monthsssssss debts. As a lawyer I have had reason to interact and relate with Police and I know what I am talking about. On their response to distress call, we need to pity them at time all still boarder on availability of vehicle, manpower and weapons. You may be suprised to see that even the Police station you are calling may not have any single vehicles, few Officers attached to the stations who are not on duty or gone for some other assignments while the police attached to some of our govt official and their cronies are in many cases more than the ones attached to a whole Police station. How many Policemen and SSS are attached to the Governors of a state alone? How many do you think Adedibu have? We need good leadership in this country
Re: Nigerian Police Force Is Under Equipped/funded To Curtail The Incesant Robbery by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2009
The police are a disgrace to themselves. Their main problem is not funding or equipment but the fact that most of them have no sense of civic responsibility

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Urges Tribunal To Declare Him President / Fashola Hands Over Fifth Maternal And Child Care Hosp In Gbaja, Surulere. Pics / Most Beautiful Vagina Contest, Winners’ Reward Will Leave You Speechles (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.