Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? (564 Views)

Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" / AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) / Melaye’s Children Sleep In Darkness After Police Refused AEDC To Reconnect Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by 9jagood4: 1:09am On Nov 23, 2022
Hello guys .

I had some AEDC guys come to my house to inspect meter so i allowed them the next thing they said they want to change my meter and if i refuse they would make sure am not able to buy token for my meter number ,lo and behold about 9 hours later my light went off ,so as usual i log online to accesspower where i usually buy units paid with my debit card i was debited and i did not get my units .
My question is this ,is it right for them to just come and change meter we bought with our money 2014 for 45 or 35k can't remember now for a 3 phase meter way back without some form of payment? because it's obvious to the blind that they want to use the new meter for effective billing or tariffs, their claim is that our meters are obsolete .

I need advice on the best steps to take in resolving this issue.
Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by 3verblazing(m): 1:29am On Nov 23, 2022
If you ask me, I think they are on their right, provided they are not charging you a new fee for the new meter.

It's a private business now, and it's all about effective profit making. If they feel that is being jeopardized by your current metre they can decide to change it.

However, be sure that it is truely an officially approved meter.

2 Likes

Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by youngbabaj(m): 1:29am On Nov 23, 2022
Go to there office and not nairaland

1 Like

Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by Urheadmaster(m): 1:34am On Nov 23, 2022
youngbabaj:
Go to there office and not nairaland

He feels nairaland will provide solutions to his problem tongue

2 Likes

Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by Holybaddo: 1:54am On Nov 23, 2022
Tomorrow morning baff and go to their office
After Police Nepa are the second thief in uniform

1 Like

Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by Urheadmaster(m): 2:01am On Nov 23, 2022
Holybaddo:
Tomorrow morning baff and go to their office
After Police Nepa are the second thief in uniform

E be like say NEPA done show you shege tongue.

2 Likes

Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:15am On Nov 23, 2022
They don't like those old metres because people bypass them with wires or changeover switch and use 2k card for a year
Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by Freestainworld(m): 4:01am On Nov 23, 2022
Better start using solar for peace of mind.
Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by Obidient4life2: 6:11am On Nov 23, 2022
9jagood4:
Hello guys .

I had some AEDC guys come to my house to inspect meter so i allowed them the next thing they said they want to change my meter and if i refuse they would make sure am not able to buy token for my meter number ,lo and behold about 9 hours later my light went off ,so as usual i log online to accesspower where i usually buy units paid with my debit card i was debited and i did not get my units .
My question is this ,is it right for them to just come and change meter we bought with our money 2014 for 45 or 35k can't remember now for a 3 phase meter way back without some form of payment? because it's obvious to the blind that they want to use the new meter for effective billing or tariffs, their claim is that our meters are obsolete .

I need advice on the best steps to take in resolving this issue.

Sue them immediately. You just got an avenue to make cool cash. Don't even allow it pass today.
Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by booblacain(m): 6:33am On Nov 23, 2022
Obidient4life2:

Sue them immediately. You just got an avenue to make cool cash. Don't even allow it pass today.

Lol, you think say na America you dey.
Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by Obidient4life2: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2022
booblacain:

Lol, you think say na America you dey.

See, a friend of my made me understand that Nigerians are served poorly because we don't fight for our right !

This guy has gotten a lot of issues that took some times 6months resolved under 4days just by writing petitions to the right authority or suing!

Cooperate bodies don't like going to court, it costs then a lot!
Re: Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? by maasoap(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2022
Obidient4life2:

See, a friend of my made me understand that Nigerians are served poorly because we don't fight for our right !

This guy has gotten a lot of issues that took some times 6months resolved under 4days just by writing petitions to the right authority or suing!

Cooperate bodies don't like going to court, it costs then a lot!

I don't think he has a case here. He's clearly hiding which is very obvious

(1) (Reply)

Soludo Discovers A Trapped Slum Community In Awka Capital, Approves Construction / Re: I've Not Lost Election Before - Tinubu / Tinubu Novelty Match In Kano Vs Obi's Presidential Campaign In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.