Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,868 members, 7,962,831 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:54 PM

Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? (2782 Views)

"It’s Islamic" – Kwara Cleric Justifies Brutalisation Of Arabic Students / Islamic Group Demands Replacement Of French Language With Arabic In Kano Schools / Why Does A Dead Body Float In Water, While A Live Body Sinks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by Venerable612(m): 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2022
BobbieZion:

The old Testament was written in Hebrew, the New Testament in Greek and some parts in Aramaic that was spoken by Jesus.
The Bible was translated into English and later into hundreds of languages so people who speak different languages can understand.

If you don't know something don't make assumptions.

But your logic is still flawed.

Vast majority of Christians in different parts of the country don’t read and write in English. And English is certainly not a language exclusive to Christians.

There is absolutely no justification for those Arabic inscriptions on the naira notes other a Northern/islamisation agenda.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by IamAsiri: 1:06am On Nov 24, 2022
Abrahamweb:

Arabic is the language of Islam as English is the language of Christianity, should they remove English from naira?

This is really funny grin grin grin.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by IamAsiri: 1:10am On Nov 24, 2022
Abdullah36:

I don't know for other tribes.

And you don't care too?
Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by IamAsiri: 1:14am On Nov 24, 2022
fk001:

Lol dream on.

Do you know that Nigeria is more like an Islam country?

President
Senate
Speaker
Deputy Speaker
Chief judge
COAS
iGP

Head of

Immigration
Custom
Drug Agency
EFCC
Correctional service
FRSC
Civil defence
NNPC
Attorney General

In fact I'm tired of listing names they are just endless

Nigeria ARMY insignia is written in Arabic "Nasarulminallah" meaning victory is from Allah alone.

And to nail the coffin

Your next president for the next 8 years will be Muslim either Tinubu or Atiku you can't escape it

If it is Tinubu then after his 8 years it will be either Shettima or Elrufai for another 8 years that's 16 good years. You guys were held by the balls.

So Mr man you are your ancestor and you are your children since all this is ongoing under your nose.

It's not an Islamic country; it's just that Hausa/Fulanis are in power and are always bigoted when it comes to sharing formula for positions of power.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by Acidosis(m): 7:28am On Nov 24, 2022
...because Southern politicians are weak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by Nova1988(m): 7:43am On Nov 24, 2022
jeromestarks:

I am not my forefathers. My children aren't me.
Look around you, Islam is fading. It will fade.

islam is fading? lol! it’s the fastest growing religion on earth. it’s christianity that is fading. more than 80% of people who call themselves christians don’t practice it.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by Nova1988(m): 7:45am On Nov 24, 2022
Venerable612:

Vast majority of Christians in different parts of the country don’t read and write in English. And English is certainly not a language exclusive to Christians.

There is absolutely no justification for those Arabic inscriptions on the naira notes other a Northern/islamisation agenda.

it was the british that put it there. so you are trying to say the british is trying to islamize nigeria??
Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by Oyiboman69: 8:17am On Nov 24, 2022
Maynman:

Isn’t that same for every tribe in Nigeria?
the Arabs came,conquered northern Nigeria. The north is powerful and they believe they own Nigeria and dictate whatever going on here as you can see today. that is why you see the Arabic sign in the naira. remove it and face the wrath of the northerners... Arab is where their God came from and the are ready to die for it....
Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by BobbieZion(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2022
Venerable612:

Do you read and assimilate at all?
Did you read the person's comment that I mentioned?
Or you just dived to reply........
The person was justifying why Arabic is on the Naira because it is the language which Qur'an was written and I said that the Bible was not written in English.
So I had to let him know that the Bible was not written in English rather Hebrew, Greek and Araimic, but was later translated.

Next time read to comprehend and not to reply......
Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by Venerable612(m): 9:00am On Nov 24, 2022
Nova1988:

it was the british that put it there. so you are trying to say the british is trying to islamize nigeria??

The British?

I do not know how true that is - but even if it were so - I think it’s fairly common knowledge that the British favoured, and indeed left, a largely northern government because they are predominantly uneducated and easier to manipulate…. And see where that got us!
Re: Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? by Peterzoom20: 6:52pm On Jul 20
Don't let them hear you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wesley College Of Science Old Boys/girls / Polytechnic Of Ibadan 2011/2012 Part-time Form Is Out / University Of Ibadan 2013/14 DIPLOMA / DLC Online Registration Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.