Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,171 members, 7,916,418 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:00 PM

CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs (1908 Views)

Wike: I Am Happy Makinde was One Of Those Who Actualised Southern Presidency / Wike, G5 Govs Embarrassed As Crowd Chant "Atiku" At Ibadan Rally (More Videos) / CJN, Olukayode Ariwoola: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by Islie: 7:00am On Nov 25, 2022
Emmanuel Addeh in Abuja

The Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Olukayode Ariwoola, appeared to have delved into the political arena yesterday, expressing joy that the Governor of his state, Mr Seyi Makinde, had continued to support Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers in the coalition of five governors, now known as the Integrity Group.

The group of five include Governors Wike, Makinde of Oyo state, Samuel Ortom of Benue, Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu state.They have been at daggers drawn with the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, accusing him of reneging on his alleged promise to ensure that if both the party’s standard bearer and National Chairman, now Iyorchia Ayu, emerged from the same region, the chairman would be forced to resign.

The quintet has refused to either endorse or support the campaigns of PDP’s Atiku, maintaining that for peace to return to the opposition party, Ayu must go.But aside backing Makinde’s membership of the group, Ariwoola, joked that Makinde was being held to ransom by Wike by threatening to withdraw his sister (Makinde’s wife), who he said is from the South-south state, from the Oyo governor.

“That is why we should not be scared to have these men of the integrity group and I am happy that my own governor is among because he would try to imitate his friend and in-law because we came here to marry for my governor.“So, Governor Wike will always threaten that he will call back his sister if my governor fails to play ball. That is why you see him following his Excellency (Wike) because my governor is afraid of his wife being recalled,” he joked.

He acknowledged the presence of the group of five governors at the gala night and judiciary project inauguration which held in Rivers, stressing that they had been similarly present when Makinde held a ‘lavish’ reception to celebrate his appointment as CJN some months ago.He added that whether people like Wike or not, he was leaving a legacy for generations unborn, stressing that his record will be hard to beat by any other public official.

The CJN explained that Wike had said it on several occasions that he will continue to inaugurate projects until his last day in office, assuring that the governor was an example that humans can always do better if they set their hearts to do it.While lauding Wike profusely, he maintained that nobody, whether as an individual or as a group has supported the judiciary the way Wike had done since he became governor.

“I was telling somebody that his Excellency started far back as a local council chairman and the lordship saw in him his son that is worth raising. I have no doubt that the sky is still the limit for your excellency.

“The whole world has seen what you are doing and what you can do and we want this replicated,” he told Wike.While thanking his supreme court contemporaries as well as past members for their presence , he stated that it was heart-warming that after being honoured outside the state, Justice Mary Odili was being honoured by her own people.

He expressed satisfaction with the governor’s performance in office, pointing out that Wike needed to be emulated by his colleagues.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/11/25/cjn-im-happy-makinde-is-among-g5-govs/

Nlfpmod
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by samuelgodson(m): 7:03am On Nov 25, 2022
Which one be G5 again undecided undecided undecided
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by Massiveglory: 7:03am On Nov 25, 2022
AA, Saraki, tambuwal and others have no moral reason to be angry with the G5 governors. They should take whatever they see in good faith as they are reaping what they sowed during GEJ presidency.

Hate wike or love wike, the man has done wonders in rivers state.
Wike has set a high standard in rivers state.
The man has also played his political card well.

The rivers state governorship election will be interesting and quite a close one btw fubara and abe . but with the high standard of governance set by wike, fubara might take it.

2 Likes

Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by EbukaTheDrugLor: 7:06am On Nov 25, 2022
This CJN no wise o!

You don't talk in favour of or against any politician, be it a joke or otherwise as the Chief Justice of the country. People can use it to concoct any theory that suits their narrative and it will make sense

5 Likes

Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by Moh247: 7:10am On Nov 25, 2022
cool

CJN na Oyo State man, same as Makinde, both support Jagaban

CJN was former Odua group director, and he had links to Tinubu hence why Buhari quickly approved him to do the lord's work

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by nairavsdollars(f): 7:12am On Nov 25, 2022
Slave Seyi Makinde
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2022
samuelgodson:
Which one be G5 again undecided undecided undecided
Nah Togo you dey?
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by Massiveglory: 7:20am On Nov 25, 2022
You de whine and console yourself ni?
Don't be shocked to see that the cjn is an admirer of Peter obi.
The people are tired of the failed system.
Moh247:
CJN na Oyo State man, same as Makinde, both support Jagaban

CJN was former Odua group director, and he had links to Tinubu hence why Buhari quickly approved him to do the lord's work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 25, 2022
Hmm
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by ChiefS(m): 7:22am On Nov 25, 2022
This is wrong. The CJN should not be seen to wine and dine with politicians. Yesterday's event was quite shocking. Well, this is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by madridguy(m): 7:26am On Nov 25, 2022
No be only peter obi na joshua obi.

Massiveglory:
You de console yourself ni?
The people are tired of the failed system. If

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by Naira20: 7:39am On Nov 25, 2022
Moh247?
1923t:
is that why you raped your nephew and mother
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by 35824L: 7:50am On Nov 25, 2022
Seyi Makinde did the right thing to support Bola Tinubu. He would lose his reelection if he doesn't. Even the erudite CJN has heaved a sigh of relief that Makinde took the right path.
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by Toluwanise247(m): 7:50am On Nov 25, 2022
Wahala no dey finish. 5G .
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by jkpbestseries: 7:52am On Nov 25, 2022
No talk much before others will see it as a support
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by VoteObi2SaveNai: 7:53am On Nov 25, 2022
Wike the strong man. Dude will enter the history book as one of the major factors that destroyed Atiku's ambition cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by TimFisher2: 7:54am On Nov 25, 2022
lipsrsealed

Tinubu media and propaganda

Please they should leave this man alone.

They want to stylish know where his aligence lies so as to know whether to remove him or not

It seems APC want to bank on election tribunal.
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by Moh247: 7:54am On Nov 25, 2022
Massiveglory:
You de console yourself ni?
The people are tired of the failed system. If

You no like Mikel Obi

7 Likes

Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by ALTERNATEID: 7:55am On Nov 25, 2022
It was just a joke a nothing else. No need reading political meaning into this.
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by sonature1: 7:58am On Nov 25, 2022
VoteObi2SaveNai:
Wike the strong man. Dude will enter the history book as one of the major factors that destroyed Atiku's ambition cheesy cheesy

Don't be so sure until after the 2023 elections.
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by shegzbillionz(m): 8:01am On Nov 25, 2022
1923t:
is that why you raped your nephew and mother
grin grin grin grin
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by Ancestortinubu: 8:47am On Nov 25, 2022
BATstad urchins will always fabricate lies to cheap favor their dying old cargo.
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by KUNZEH(m): 8:49am On Nov 25, 2022
Just a joke
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by Indispensable85(m): 9:02am On Nov 25, 2022
ChiefS:
This is wrong. The CJN should not be seen to wine and dine with politicians. Yesterday's event was quite shocking. Well, this is Nigeria.

E shock u. Lol......
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by ajekpaks(m): 11:33am On Nov 25, 2022
Wikepedia
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by iokpebholo: 11:33am On Nov 25, 2022
I only blamed Ibos who are not supporting peter obi,this election has since become a tribal affair and it's only ibo leaders that are behind..Some one said makinde is supporting Tinubu cos of Ayu and I laughed,he is simply supporting Tinubu cos of Yoruba unity
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by slivertongue: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2022
Tactically endorsing Makinde
Re: CJN: I’m Happy Makinde Is Among G5 Govs by treesun: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Easterners! they Can Still Feel Your Impact If You Do This... / 5 Most Powerful Players In Bola Tinubu's Government / Wike Vs Fabura: PDP Governors Summon Emergency Meeting Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.