Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,944 members, 7,873,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

A Fiction Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Fiction Story. (258 Views)

The Badboy Diary / Fiction Story / The Genesis (A Flash Fiction Story By Kayode Odusanya) / A Lesbian Story (How It Became To Pass) – A Fiction Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Fiction Story. by blenndan8(f): 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2022
The missing children cases in our community was alarming.

My husband and I just packed into the vicinity when we began to hear stories about missing children.

That day, we were sleeping when one of our neighbours raised an alarm.

She shouted, screamed, rolled on the ground as she narrated how she couldn't find her only son.

We all looked at her in amazement and helplessly.

She had thought her son was in the room with her, only to find that he wasn't in sight.

This was the woman who received us coldly the day we packed into the house.

But we ignored it.

Her son's body was never found.

We began to suspect the landlord because he was usually the last person to stay back at nights.

Then, again, a young girl who lived two houses from us was confirmed to be missing.

The girl was actually playing with her friends when she thought she heard someone called her name.

So, she followed the man and that was how she went missing. It was her friends that narrated this to the hearers.

"Can you recognize the man? "I asked.

The girls shook their heads negatively. "No, he was far. "

I began to get scared and worried because I didn't want my unborn child to get kidnapped, too.

I tried to convince my husband, Kelvin to make us relocate, but he refused vehemently.

"No, we can't pack. We just moved in. God will help and save us from any impending evil. "he prayed.

Though I wasn't still comfortable, yet, there was nothing to be done but to watch.

That night, I was cooking a delicious food when I heard disturbing noises.

"He is the kidnapper! He took Amanda away. I know him. "a girl said firmly.

When I reached there, I looked at the kidnapper. It was my husband.

His clothes had been torn into pieces and had been beaten.

As soon as they saw me, they grunted.

I looked at my husband who wasn't really my husband, and smiled.

He didn't listen to me when I suggested we leave because I heard our landlord saying we were suspects.

We were kidnappers, not couple.

We used the kids to make money for ourselves. We sold them out.

He didn't listen, now he was to face the punishment alone.

Since he refused to confess his deeds, they burnt him up into ashes.

He tried to tell them I was also guilty, but they hissed and poured more fuel on him.

They wouldn't have believed him if he had told them everything, because to them, I was just his innocent pregnant wife.

The pregnancy wasn't real.

©Blenn Dan

(1) (Reply)

Tricked Into Marriage - Feather's Stories / Competent Romance Ghostwriter Needed / Where Can I Buy Any Type Of Books From Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.