Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,520 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:13 PM

Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship (12734 Views)

Governor Caleb Mutfwang Of Plateau State Wins At Tribunal / Tinubu Wins President Buhari Polling Unit / Anambra Wins First Position In The President's Schools Debate Championship (phot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by BanyXchi: 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Firstly, you think everyone that comment against the lie peddle about certain issue is Igbo. Please erase that one from your mind.
Let me also quickly correct this. The highest form of education constitutionally is secondary education and not tertiary education. Stop deceiving people.
Meanwhile, this is ordinary statistics, I know it is a difficult thing to understand and that is why you're embarrassing yourself up and down. That 10 people passed a certain exam in south west and 6 passed in south east, that doesn't make south west better than south east, because the percentage of pass will be calculated based on the number that sat for the exam.
So the number you're peddling about cannot help any state government to make informed decisions to plan for her education policy, because he may think with the number of pass alone without the overall percentage passed, the state is doing well but the reverse is the case.
Until you understand simple arithmetic and statistics before you know you're just showcasing ignorance here to deceive people.
Let me even help you with simple arithmetic to clear your ignorance of statistics.
If for example 30 people sat for NECO exam in south west and 18 passed. The percentage pass mark would be:
18/30 * 100 = 6*10= 60%
If for example 20 people sat for the same NECO exam in south east and 14 passed. The percentage pass mark would be:
14/20 * 100 = 7*10 = 70%

Yes, many students passed in south west but what was the percentage pass mark in relation to the number that sat for the exam?
I hope you now understand simple statistics.

The 2021 statistics shows that south west recorded the second worst results after north west. I have posted the link and I am reposting it here again.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/news/article/south-south-south-east-outshine-north-west-south-west-in-waec-performance/
Your argument that south west has more number that passed is untenable in policy making and stop embarrassing yourself on that.
I am from south west and I know that during our time, no region outperform us in education and agriculture but why the reverse nowadays?
Let us start telling ourselves the truth, the standard of education in south west has gone down and need to be revamped, before we become like northern region.
Besides, the news is about secondary school education, you're the one that brought in tertiary education standard. This is how you guys like derailing thread, instead to focus on the topic at hand. Learn to stay within the bracket of the topic.
why are you miscreants always ashamed of your ibo identity, you're not Yoruba and you claiming us will not stop BAT as your next president.
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by Maliqcious: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2022
jeromestarks:
All these Obi people will come and make noise now.
yes na no be people from outside they develop Lagos abi na lie
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by Maliqcious: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2022
ManofgodJnr3:
Future ipob members
I rather be an IPOB to a fool
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by Maliqcious: 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2022
BanyXchi:
why are you miscreants always ashamed of your ibo identity, you're not Yoruba and you claiming us will not stop BAT as your next president.
you an irritating dumbo spit
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by Godpowerike(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2022
This is an allegory to 2023 elections.
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by Elemosho478: 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Firstly, you think everyone that comment against the lie peddle about certain issue is Igbo. Please erase that one from your mind.
Let me also quickly correct this. The highest form of education constitutionally is secondary education and not tertiary education. Stop deceiving people.
Meanwhile, this is ordinary statistics, I know it is a difficult thing to understand and that is why you're embarrassing yourself up and down. That 10 people passed a certain exam in south west and 6 passed in south east, that doesn't make south west better than south east, because the percentage of pass will be calculated based on the number that sat for the exam.
So the number you're peddling about cannot help any state government to make informed decisions to plan for her education policy, because he may think with the number of pass alone without the overall percentage passed, the state is doing well but the reverse is the case.
Until you understand simple arithmetic and statistics before you know you're just showcasing ignorance here to deceive people.
Let me even help you with simple arithmetic to clear your ignorance of statistics.
If for example 30 people sat for NECO exam in south west and 18 passed. The percentage pass mark would be:
18/30 * 100 = 6*10= 60%
If for example 20 people sat for the same NECO exam in south east and 14 passed. The percentage pass mark would be:
14/20 * 100 = 7*10 = 70%

Yes, many students passed in south west but what was the percentage pass mark in relation to the number that sat for the exam?
I hope you now understand simple statistics.

The 2021 statistics shows that south west recorded the second worst results after north west. I have posted the link and I am reposting it here again.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/news/article/south-south-south-east-outshine-north-west-south-west-in-waec-performance/
Your argument that south west has more number that passed is untenable in policy making and stop embarrassing yourself on that.
I am from south west and I know that during our time, no region outperform us in education and agriculture but why the reverse nowadays?
Let us start telling ourselves the truth, the standard of education in south west has gone down and need to be revamped, before we become like northern region.
Besides, the news is about secondary school education, you're the one that brought in tertiary education standard. This is how you guys like derailing thread, instead to focus on the topic at hand. Learn to stay within the bracket of the topic.

Sokoto might have 1000 students for example and maybe 800 passed with 5 credits.

Then they will compare that to Lagos who have 19000 students that 18000 passed and they will be saying Sokoto is better than Lagos students

You can post whatever trash you like but the significance of South west having highest numbers of students that sat and passed WAEC means South west will always have the highest numbers of graduates in the future getting corperate jobs, dominating so many professions etc.

You can keep celebrating percentage and continue living in delusions and please stop saying you are from South West, you are not from the west.

You have lesser numbers of students that sat for the Exam and lesser numbers of students that passed, but according to your skewed logics you are the better one lol.

Secondary school is the highest according to your delusional mind, Google know better. I wonder why all the top companies in Nigeria are not employing secondary school graduates? because according to you "professor" secondary school is the best and highest lol. You are really delusional

Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by peculiar2233: 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by kelly72: 9:07pm On Nov 25, 2022
Nobody will accuse them now of "Special centre". When these same students are announced as the best in WAEC and JAMB, you will see losers will start making noise about special centre.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by DukeofUmueri247: 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2022
Elemosho478:

You can post whatever trash you like but the significance of South west having highest numbers of students that sat and passed WAEC means South west will always have the highest numbers of graduates in the future getting corperate jobs, dominating so many professions etc.

You can keep celebrating percentage and continue living in delusions and please stop saying you are from South West, you are not from the west.

You have lesser numbers of students that sat for the Exam and lesser numbers of students that passed, but according to your skewed logics you are the better one lol.

Secondary school is the highest according to your delusional mind, Google know better. I wonder why all the top companies in Nigeria are not employing secondary school graduates? because according to you "professor" secondary school is the best and highest lol. You are really delusional

The guy have decimated you and you are now calm grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by searchlight: 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2022
Okoyeeboz:
Obi will be made Minister of State for Education when Tinubu wins.

Minister is too much for him self, he will be in charge of Nomadic education.
Tinubu can never be president. He can only be life president of Lagos
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by OgatheTop: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2022
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by kingyakos: 12:35am On Nov 26, 2022
BanyXchi:
Is it possible for you Ibos to not project your inferiority complex on us? Because I don't understand why you call westerners envious and bitter while the reverse is actually the case. This news does not involve Yorubas but your fellow tribesman had to mention the tribe that he wish he was born in. I replied and I'm the bitter one?? Everyone knows the envious, bitter, children of hate are y'all.

Still exhibiting their same character even while trying to deny it. Backstabbing, bitterness and gross hate in seeing other regions or tribe makes progress most especially the igbos.

Live and let others live
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by Elemosho478: 5:42am On Nov 26, 2022
DukeofUmueri247:

The guy have decimated you and you are now calm grin grin grin grin

Decimated me how?

Maybe to a gullible like you that think upside down, everything he said was fallacy

Sokoto might have 1000 students for example and maybe 800 passed with 5 credits.

Then they will compare that to Lagos who have 19000 students that 18000 passed and they will be saying Sokoto is better than Lagos students

Sokoto would be celebrating percentage because it is better than that of Lagos, tell me is that not delusions and Propaganda?

I don't have time to waste on delusional people like that, keep living in lala land and keep thinking upside down
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by IfnobeGod20: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2022
BanyXchi:
Many of you that think you're Yoruba, you're just Yoruba but not Omoluabi because the way some of you throw jab and denigrate perceived 'enemies' up and down online it baffles the real Omoluabis.
Just because of politics, you classified people as "miscreants". This is the height of ignorance of the highest order. Repent!
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by BanyXchi: 8:05am On Nov 26, 2022
kingyakos:

Still exhibiting their same character even while trying to deny it. Backstabbing, bitterness and gross hate in seeing other regions or tribe makes progress most especially the igbos.

Live and let others live
continue to project.
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by IfnobeGod20: 8:25am On Nov 26, 2022
Elemosho478:

Educating some of you sometimes it seems so difficult because you think you know something but rather know nothing.
On the issue of my yorubaness. I can bet you, I am more Yoruba than you because the seed of Omoluabi is in me than you because the real Omoluabi stand for justice and equity. As I have said, all this bitter politics that you guys are playing will only hurt you guys, thinking any Yoruba man or woman that doesn't align with Tinubu is not Yoruba. What a delusional mind.
On the real issue, just continue rigmaroling on crystal clear issue and be talking on abstract issue that doesn't correlate on the matter at hand. I am cog sure, you don't know the parameter to measure education performance in such large statistical data. Have you heard about the best method of measurement of central tendency in statistics? That's the only method used for policy making and not your kind mode process. Learn.
Even the blind know that Igbo doesn't favourably dispose to working in public or civil service but prefer their personal enterprises. You can see an Igbo with two or three masters inside his own shop but will never use his certificate looking for validation for job. This is a known fact unlike we Yoruba that believe without government job, we cannot become anything.
I know some of my mates that we finished together in university that are Igbos but now well established in their personal businesses while today some of us are working for government. That's just the Igbo nature.
Meanwhile, you can continue blindly still toiling same line of thought that are not in correlation with government statistics, even after books had been opened to you. Measurement of performance is not done the way you are doing it but you don't want to take to correct.
On the issue of qualification. Tertiary education qualification is just an additional qualification in Nigeria. The minimum qualification as prescribed by constitution to gain employment or be voted for into any civil or public service is secondary school certificate. Section 133 of Nigerian constitution explicitly stated this. Your B.Sc, Masters, P.hd is just an addition to help you attain higher in civil service.
May be you don't even know that some aspirants vying for various positions today only tender their school certs as qualification, not because some of them doesn't have higher one. I know Ogbeni Aregbesola submitted only WAEC during his time not because he doesn't have HND.
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by Igbojew: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2022
LadyRosa:
Good.

There was a time when the Yorubas are more educated. They envied the wealth of over ambitious igbos because we shun education, trade and as well push drugs tongue tongue

Now, the Yorubas are full time skull miners,while the igbos are doing better than them in education.
Shout it louder Incase they are deaf and dumb.Enviness have made them loose out completely to great Igbos............... I am that Igbo Jew
Re: Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship by IfnobeGod20: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
Okoyeeboz:
Obi will be made Minister of State for Education when Tinubu wins.

Minister is too much for him self, he will be in charge of Nomadic education.
If Peter Obi becomes president in 2023, Tinubu will be made Director for FIRS because he is a good tax collector, even though his boy that collected the tax for him during his tenure failed woefully in the same office, Tunde Fowler.
Nigeria state is too much for him because the issue of governance is not only about tax collection.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uju Kennedy Threatens To Sue UN Over ‘unremitted Donors’ Funds’ / Aisha Buhari Visit To America Is 2016 Best Scam. Photos / 'Moving To APC Makes You A Saint' Theory Is No Longer True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.