Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,052 members, 7,909,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 02:06 PM

Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege (1028 Views)

The Dog That Walks Like A Human (Video, Photos) / Hero Saves Drowning Dog Only To Be Immediately Bitten By The Dog (pictures) / Meet Dexter, The Dog That Loves Playing Piano (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by TimeArena1(f): 10:02am On Nov 27, 2022
Some years ago, we found a stray female dog in our compound. It was always minding its business and immediately it noticed we were coming into the compound, it will run to either the back or hide.

It was usually very scared and didn't pose a threat at all so allowed it to stay.

It didn't leave the compound for weeks so we sometimes put out bones and leftover rice for it.

We named it spikey.

One day, I brought up the issue of the dog during dinner and my sister said the day the dog came into the compound, she noticed its tail was cut off and it was bleeding.

We all wondered where it came from and what its story is.

Even animals have their stories, sadly.

Fast forward to many months after, Spikey started behaving like a witch.

She first started by digging everywhere in the compound and trust our African mothers na.

My mum started complaining and shouting that every pit the enemies are digging through Spikey will swallow them cheesy

We were still dealing with Spikey's digging exploration when one night we heard a howling sound.

That was our first time hearing such a sound and it sent chills and goosebumps all over our bodies.

We all woke up and were wondering where the wailing is coming from.

While we were still dealing with our confusion, Spikey howled again and we all shouted 'Spikey' it was past 2 AM but my mom opened the gate and chased spikey out of the compound.

The next morning, I found her in her favorite spot, sleeping.

I didn't have a problem with her so I put out my clothes to Dry and went my way.

Midday I decided to take a quick nap as I didn't go out for my hustle when the howling sound came again.

Believe me, no matter how deep a sleeper you are, spikey cries must wake you up, and that too with chills

I acted my mother's role and chased her out of the compound

I guess she noticed we weren't comfortable with her cries so she didn't cry for weeks.

As long as she wasn't crying, we have no problem with her staying.

About a month later, the cries resumed so we reported to our then Landlady and she said she was planning an ambush for it. The plan was to have some kids whip her so she will never come back to our compound as the cries signify danger.

While making the plans for the ambush, we also started asking questions to see if we can get her owners to come to take her instead of dealing with her.

For some reason, I feel there was more to the dog and I didn't want her whipped.

We later found someone who told us Spikey's story.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by Hezzyluv: 10:03am On Nov 27, 2022
Waiting for season2

1 Like

Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by TimeArena1(f): 10:42am On Nov 27, 2022
Spikey has always been a lone dog.

She came into the area pregnant.
She later found one uncompleted building belonging to one mentally unstable man and camped there.

She goes out everyday to hustle for food and goes back to the building whenever she wants to rest.

She stayed there till she delivered her 5 puppies.

Upon discovering that Spikey had delivered, the mentally unstable man went into spikey's space, took the puppies amidst her barking and set all 5 on fire.

While Spikey was still barking, the man carried a machete and cut off her tail.

It was on the day Spikey lost her kids and tail, she ran to our compound.

Oh, my! Poor dog has seen shege in this world.

TBC...

Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by lilvicky68(m): 10:44am On Nov 27, 2022
Just hope say the shege spikey see go later carry her enter pot of peppersoup make the story sweet abeg.
Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by Abfinest007(m): 10:46am On Nov 27, 2022
Dogs don't just cry for nothing been it local or foreign dog.do u know dogs see what human can't see
Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by TimeArena1(f): 10:48am On Nov 27, 2022
lilvicky68:
Just hope spikey will later end up in pot of peppersoup make the story sweet abeg

You are Mean cheesy
Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by TimeArena1(f): 10:50am On Nov 27, 2022
Abfinest007:
Dogs don't just cry for nothing been it local or foreign dog.do u know dogs see what human can't see

True! And it was because of the cries we chased her out. No be our house she go take see danger cheesy

The story continues.
Stay tuned
Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by TimeArena1(f): 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2022
We managed to chase out spikey from our compound precisely because of the chilly cries but she returned after some time, pregnant grin

This dog sha! Who don give you belly again?

Having her back kinda put a smile on my face so I told my mom to let her stay since she was pregnant.

We made it a point of duty to make sure we put out food for her.

Sometimes, she will eat other times she won't. Pregnancy wahala, I guess.

My sister and I legit started planning how we were gonna sell the puppies grin

I agree we were selfish but We made sure Spikey had food and water anticipating her delivery date.

Suddenly, spikey disappeared cry

We didn't see her for months and we started asking around but no one saw her.

A few months later, Spikey returned with a flat tummy.

Where are your children? We asked angrily.

Of course, She couldn't answer so we forgot about her completely. Stupid dog!

One day, some kids came to throw out our garbage and saw Spikey. They said, "na here you run come?"

I asked if they know her and they said she came to their compound pregnant and after she gave birth, she ate all 6 Puppies.

Jesu! shocked
This dog dey ment?

Hearing she ate her kids made us feel hate for her.

We stopped giving her food till we finally moved out of that compound.

Dog lovers, what could have made Spikey taken this violent and unpleasant decision in her second pregnancy?

Was she still dealing with trauma from her experience?

Is it normal for a dog to eat her puppies?

Kindly tell us what you think.

Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by ghettochild(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
Im waiting for responses from dog rearers
Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by TimeArena1(f): 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
ghettochild:

Me too o. I always remember the adage which says,

"dog no dey chop dog" so I don't know how Spikey was able to eat her own.
Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by harmargedon: 8:27am On Nov 29, 2022
ghettochild:
yep, for some reasons best known to them. Even most well trained dogs do. That's why it's important that you're present, to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Spikey, The Dog Who Saw Shege by TimeArena1(f): 9:56am On Nov 29, 2022
harmargedon:
yep, for some reasons best known to them. Even most well trained dogs do. That's why it's important that you're present, to avoid stories that touch.

Wow! Doesn't look normal at all.

(1) (Reply)

3 Month Old Malr Anf Female Puregsd / Rare Animal About To Be Created / If U See This 3mnths Female Slant Back Gsd,u Will Shout Halleluyah....4sale..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.