Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:13 AM

What Is So Special About The iPhone? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is So Special About The iPhone? (15694 Views)

15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone / What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. / Samsung Sues Apple Over The Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by stunna2(m): 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2011
Let all the hatterz be talking their heads off while i wait for the release of iphone5!!
if you have no computer at home with highspeed internet connection, then the iphone is not for ya, aiiight!!

if cost is an issue for ya, then iphone is not for u as it is a status phone or used to be anyways!!

, i skipped the iphone4 because i hated the idea of a very restrictive facetime only with another iphone4 and only over a wifi network and was also thinking that the iphone5 would naturally follow a year latter as usual but it did not and im running our of patient now, n if at the end of the year there is no iphone5 umma just get the iphone4 n manage it till 5 comes out!!

you can use an iphone anywhere but dont forget to unlock it 1st and it should cost about $50 to do so, !

iphone is a lifestyle tech device, men who use iphones cheat more, n women prefer the blackberry to the iphone here in da tdot but some my closest female friends have had a change of heart and switched
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Acidosis(m): 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2011
I nor fit laff. Its obvious that most peeps posting craps on this thread don't even know a thing about the works of a symbian phone (version 3 and 5). If I'm to start by listing the functionality of the apps I have on my E71, C5, most of u will end up selling your so called iphones. Someone even made mention of an app that locks iphone and all its apps. .come on dummy, this is sometin an ordinary N70 will do 4 u (when u try usin d phone, it ll simply tell u stuffs lyk ''drop my phone, thief!'' dependin on ur settings.
Mayb I shuld tell u more. I have an app dat repels mosquitoes. . Its left 4 u 2 bliv!
Call recorder
touchticker (a slide show of feeds, news update dat moves on d home screen @less dan 2naira per day. I get d latest news on nairaland, cnn etc.,
Internet radio (som BB users re ignorant, so they feel dis app is meant 4 'only' a BB)
screeshot app
there is dis app dat makes u use ur phone as a remote control 4 ur T.V, c.d player etc.,
flipfont.: allows u to change ur font. (d one m usin nw is an artistic handwritin, very fine) . .can a iphone do this? ?
tell me any phone dat has a quarter of d themes available for nokia fones.
I can't jst list dem all. All dis re exceptn of 'endogenous' apps lyk: quick office (excel, powerpoint, word), adobe pdf, flash player, GPS facility, WLAN, video calling, landmarks, etc.,
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Texther(m): 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2011
dnt be frustrated if u cant afford itno b by force. We wey get am no d value after jailbreaking it. LOL!!!
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Acidosis(m): 12:02am On Aug 28, 2011
Texther:

dnt be frustrated if u cant afford itno b by force. We wey get am no d value after jailbreaking it. LOL!!!
and what is d value of something dat is value-less?
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by amblors(m): 12:11am On Aug 28, 2011
Acidosis:

and what is d value of something dat is value-less?

lol @ valueless.
IMO no Nokia fone touches the Iphone based on all round specifications alone.
i think the Iphone's OS is better and sleeker.
the hundreds of reviewers might be wrong by saying its a very good phone,
still the hundreds shelling out money to buy it, and staying with it year in and out attests otherwise, its a good fone.
a very good one.
based on specs there are few phones better notably the Samsung Galaxy.

IMO most, if not every smartphone can do the "necessary" function of a phone and some extras.
the Iphone does tend to do that and more of the extras.

Its from the same company as the Ipod, so if you do use/love the Ipod,
dissing the Iphone is pointless.
its a mobile device + media centre combined
from a tested and trusted vendor, for those that have used and continue using it.

let the issue drop, the phone is more special than most phones.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 28, 2011
Acidosis, get one IPhone 4, bring it and I'd help you love-vendor it in a way you'd hate your nokia, I used to be a very big fan of Nokia until I came across an IPhone, now the only nokia phone I can use it 1280 because it's better to have a nokia phone with nothing than touch light than having a symbiam phone that would make me feel am consoling myself because I cannot afford an iPhone. I've used Nokia phones, 2BBs , and the only IPhone I would own and I can tell the difference. Believe it or leave it, of all the things you've listed above, an iPhone would do it even in a better way
When you are ready to have an IPhone experience let me know.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 28, 2011
amblors:

lol @ valueless.
IMO no Nokia fone touches the Iphone based on all round specifications alone.
i think the Iphone's OS is better and sleeker.
the hundreds of reviewers might be wrong by saying its a very good phone,
still the hundreds shelling out money to buy it, and staying with it year in and out attests otherwise, its a good fone.
a very good one.
based on specs there are few phones better notably the Samsung Galaxy.

IMO most, if not every smartphone can do the "necessary" function of a phone and some extras.
the Iphone does tend to do that and more of the extras.

Tell him

Its from the same company as the Ipod, so if you do use/love the Ipod,
dissing the Iphone is pointless.
its a mobile device + media centre combined
from a tested and trusted vendor, for those that have used and continue using it.

let the issue drop, the phone is more special than most phones.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by whobemumu(m): 12:58am On Aug 28, 2011
some of these guys are dull sha , nobody said iphone no good

what most of us saiid is that the cost benefit ratio on i phone is nowhere near any other phone

in other words apple is taking your money without giving u much

in other words u are all apple slaves ( nothing worse than a slave who does not know he is a slave )

make una no worry shebi september go soon reach them go release iphone 5 una go buy again ?

any gadget is only as valuable as ppl are willing to pay for it

see wetin happen to hp touchpad ? once they dropped the price to 150 dollars many people bought

iphone at 200 dollars i will buy for everybody in my family but for them to think i go pay more than 600 dollars , they should think again
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by moonraker(m): 1:46am On Aug 28, 2011
Acidosis:

I nor fit laff. Its obvious that most peeps posting craps on this thread don't even know a thing about the works of a symbian phone (version 3 and 5). If I'm to start by listing the functionality of the apps I have on my E71, C5, most of u will end up selling your so called iphones. Someone even made mention of an app that locks iphone and all its apps. .come on dummy, this is sometin an ordinary N70 will do 4 u (when u try usin d phone, it ll simply tell u stuffs lyk ''drop my phone, thief!'' dependin on your settings.
Mayb I shuld tell u more. I have an app dat repels mosquitoes. . Its left 4 u 2 bliv!
Call recorder
touchticker (a slide show of feeds, news update dat moves on d home screen @less dan 2naira per day. I get d latest news on nairaland, cnn etc.,
Internet radio (som BB users re ignorant, so they feel dis app is meant 4 'only' a BB)
screeshot app
there is dis app dat makes u use your phone as a remote control 4 your T.V, c.d player etc.,
flipfont.: allows u to change your font. (d one m usin nw is an artistic handwritin, very fine) . .can a iphone do this? ?
I can't jst list dem all. All dis re exceptn of 'endogenous' apps lyk: quick office (excel, powerpoint, word), adobe pdf, flash player, GPS facility, WLAN, video calling, landmarks, etc.,

Hehehe, i laugh in jabulani

Case u didnt knw, there is an app for that on the app store.

You knw wat yur problem is??

You do not understand the concept behind the iphone.

The iphone is the future of smartphones. it is based on an app society.

Apple will not install crap on your phone like nokia does. its allows you to

download apps that u did personally use. enuff said,

whobemumu:

what most of us saiid is that the cost benefit ratio on i phone is nowhere near any other phone

in other words u are all apple slaves ( nothing worse than a slave who does not know he is a slave )

make una no worry shebi september go soon reach them go release iphone 5 una go buy again ?

see wetin happen to hp touchpad ? once they dropped the price to 150 dollars many people bought

iphone at 200 dollars i will buy for everybody in my family but for them to think i go pay more than 600 dollars , they should think again

I get it. But you know what?? It did be difficult explaining stuff to u with regards to the iphone if u havent used one, or have you used one??

There are alot of comments here on this thread that spits ignorance.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by whobemumu(m): 2:34am On Aug 28, 2011
no i havent used one steady but have played with all the phones bb , android , i use a symbian now ( which was a big mistake as it was contracted to me by t mobile just b4 android became popular)

i do like the i phone i just dont agree to payy that much for it as it wont add much value to MY life

it may add to somebody else but not me

so i dont see why i should get it , i dont play phone games anymore , dont use apps like that as almost always with my laptop so little benefit to me ,

if i were to buy a new phone it will be between the androids or a blackberry( makes it easier to communicate with friends )

but for now , not interested at all
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by moonraker(m): 2:41am On Aug 28, 2011
whobemumu:

no i havent used one steady but have played with all the phones bb , android , i use a symbian now ( which was a big mistake as it was contracted to me by t mobile just b4 android became popular)

i do like the i phone i just dont agree to payy that much for it as it wont add much value to MY life

it may add to somebody else but not me

so i dont see why i should get it , i dont play phone games anymore , dont use apps like that as almost always with my laptop so little benefit to me ,

if i were to buy a new phone it will be between the androids or a blackberry( makes it easier to communicate with friends )

but for now , not interested at all

Right, now your making sense, You see, one reason why smartphone were created in the first place was to replace laptops

in a stylish way, so atleast i know ur reasons. there are alot of commentors on this thread that have absolutely no idea of what

they are talking about,
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by whobemumu(m): 5:39am On Aug 28, 2011
true , my gf hardly touches her laptop , maybe once in two weeks , she has a very good android phone
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 28, 2011
well i know i said some really important stuffs earlier. I never said there was anything wrong with the iphone. I only noted somethings that i felt if the iphone had would make it the perfect phone. And some1 was going so insultive. I used it for 3weeks so i know what am talking about. Its a great phone.

On the price of iphone4. Well yahoo boys have flooded computer village with the iphone4. U can get a new one now or a few weeks old one for between 45k and 70k. It depends on seller and buyer negotiating skills.

well i know i said some really important stuffs earlier. I never said there was anything wrong with the iphone. I only noted somethings that i felt if the iphone had would make it the perfect phone. And some1 was going so insultive. I used it for 3weeks so i know what am talking about. Its a great phone.

On the price of iphone4. Well yahoo boys have flooded computer village with the iphone4. U can get a new one now or a few weeks old one for between 45k and 70k. It depends on seller and buyer negotiating skills.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Suntemi(m): 7:49am On Aug 28, 2011
Acidosis:

I nor fit laff. Its obvious that most peeps posting craps on this thread don't even know a thing about the works of a symbian phone (version 3 and 5). If I'm to start by listing the functionality of the apps I have on my E71, C5, most of u will end up selling your so called iphones. Someone even made mention of an app that locks iphone and all its apps. .come on dummy, this is sometin an ordinary N70 will do 4 u (when u try usin d phone, it ll simply tell u stuffs lyk ''drop my phone, thief!'' dependin on your settings.
Call recorder
screeshot app
there is dis app dat makes u use your phone as a remote control 4 your T.V, c.d player etc.,
flipfont.: allows u to change your font. (d one m usin nw is an artistic handwritin, very fine) . .can a iphone do this? ?

Check these snapshots for answer.

Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Merc: 7:51am On Aug 28, 2011
I-phone is the best and so special because it support so many applications. The phones are so good i can't imagine mysellf without one. The problem is if you are not the 'techie' type you may not enjoy your i-phone.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by mjay(m): 8:43am On Aug 28, 2011
Wht abt he synchronization of accounts of ipod, iphone and ipad. All you need is just one account and your access is TOTAL.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by lalaboi(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2011
whobemumu:

Cost benefit my arse, .

The only phone closer to the iphone in terms of functionality is samsung galaxy II and guess how much that beauty sells for? rrp £499 . . . That phone sells at almost the same price as the iphone and has a huge fanbase already. I dont see no one calling people who use it "slaves of samsung". .
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by White007(m): 10:59am On Aug 28, 2011
The Retina display on iPhone 4 is the sharpest, most vibrant, highest-resolution phone screen ever, with four times the pixel count of previous iPhone models. In fact, the pixel density is so high that the human eye is unable to distinguish individual pixels. Which makes text amazingly crisp and images stunningly sharp.

When creating iPhone 4, Apple designers and engineers didn’t start with a clean sheet of paper. They started with three years of experience designing and building the phones that redefined what a phone can do. iPhone 4 is the result of everything they’ve learned so far. And it’s all contained in a beautiful enclosure a mere 9.3 millimeters thin, making iPhone 4 the world’s thinnest smartphone.

The iPhone 4 introduces a gyroscopic sensor that detects 3-axis angular acceleration around the X, Y and Z axes, enabling precise calculation of yaw, pitch, and roll. The gyroscope complements the accelerometer, a sensor that has been present since the original iPhone, which detects the device's acceleration, shake, vibration shock, or fall by detecting linear acceleration along one of three axes (X, Y and Z). The combined data from the accelerometer and the gyroscope provides detailed and precise information about the device's 6-axis movement in space. The 3 axes of the gyroscope combined with the 3 axes of the accelerometer enable the device to recognize approximately how far, fast, and in which direction it has moved in space.

Can any smartphone beat this?
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nsonaso(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2011
Guys before you post comments try to read other peoples comment cos i have told you why iphones are very expensive. if you dubt me check it out at solt limited in lagos state Nigeria or if you are at yanki check it out nd prove me wrong. NOKIA 8800 Gold Arte price is between125k and above. (with it low feature) so guys iphones whote the price.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nsonaso(m): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2011
Guys before you post comments try to read other peoples comment cos i have told you guys why iphones are very expensive. if you dubt me check it out at solt limited in lagos state Nigeria or if you are at yanki check it out nd prove me wrong. NOKIA 8800 Gold Arte price is between125k and above. (with it low feature i.e 2.0 inch screen size, No touch screen, No Wi-Fi, No Gps, Not even a Symbian phone) nd it is been sold costly because of the titanium casing. Then talk more of iphone with titanium casing nd so many feature. so guys iphones wot the price.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by whobemumu(m): 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2011
lalaboi:

Cost benefit my arse, .

The only phone closer to the iphone in terms of functionality is samsung galaxy II and guess how much that beauty sells for? rrp £499 . . . That phone sells at almost the same price as the iphone and has a huge fanbase already. I dont see no one calling people who use it "slaves of samsung". .
[

there is a certain level of cost that gives you a good phone

YOU MUST NOT BUY THE HIGHEST GRADE

i know for a fact that u can get a new good android for 250 dollars in usa

can u do that with iphone ? new running latest software ?
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by lekside44(m): 8:57pm On Aug 28, 2011
well, we need an expert computer scientist to examine the ios operating system with respect to others like android, etc
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 29, 2011
hmmmmm. i cant shout. i love this thread. Anyway when u guys change ur minds after knowing what the iphone can do, contact me (08053250698) cos i deal ONLY on iphones. Thats all i av to say.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by EEVICTOREE(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2011
tumababa:

hmmmmm. i cant shout. i love this thread. Anyway when u guys change your minds after knowing what the iphone can do, contact me (08053250698) cos i deal ONLY on iphones. Thats all i av to say.

Lolzz, grin I see u
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by texazzpete(m): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2011
Acidosis:

Call recorder
screeshot app

LMAO!
Every single one of those apps is on the iPhone and they all look 100x better and perform 100x better than those ancient .sis and .sisx file you're proud of. I had that anti-mosquito app on my ancient Nokia 6600 way back in 2005.
When you are ready to move to the 21st century, scrape up the money to buy an iPhone or a decent Android phone.

I'm still laughing here, I cannot believe you're trying to brag here with Symbian. This ain't 2009 bro grin
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Wexelion(m): 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2011
How much can i get iphone 4 or iphone 5 and where,i need to see this goodies
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by moonraker(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
Wexelion:

How much can i get iphone 4 or iphone 5 and where,i need to see this goodies

check well ard here, cheapest iphone 4 i hv seen on this site is abt 70k.iphone 5 isnt out yet shocked grin
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by amblors(m): 1:12am On Aug 31, 2011
I hear apple is working on a cheaper Iphone 4
or am i mixing it with Samsung galaxy? not very sure.

All smartphones can do almost the same things,
some do it better than others.
I think Android has the highest number of apps
then Iphone.

Ovi store for nokia is horrible.
Apps are kinda wack.
I don't care much for apps on my nokia sef.
the WEb browser is horrible, HORRIBLE.
i used to think it was aite, until i used the one a TINY android.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by N101: 2:11am On Aug 31, 2011
I've seen the iPhone 3 and 4. Played with them even (my cousin has 4). It doesn't really get my attention.

Yeah it looks nice and sleek, good looking apps etc but I can't justify shelling out for one. I'm old fashioned, I don't believe in using my phone as an MP3 player, I've always separated the two(and no, never owned an iPod).

One of my problems is with iTunes. I just don't like any software on my system that I have to process everything through.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by McDogget: 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2011
it's because u don't have one, u think u can rubish iphone. the truth for me brother "they aint no phone like iphone". or do you want to bad mouth apple's imac or ibook (laptop). brother numpsie, their products are to bad. i'd advice you to go for apple products, if you have the money. joo!
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 03, 2011
This is a classic example of people driving the chrysler 300 creating the illusion in their head that they are in a rolls royce phantom.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!how To Change 4rm Chinese 2 English Language In Nokia / Java Phone Can Minimize Trust Me / Glo Launches Cheaper Calls To 30 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.