Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,955 members, 7,873,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:24 AM

Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho (4088 Views)

'cristiano Ronaldo Has Made Messi A Better Player' - Kluivert / Lionel Messi; A Direct Descendant Of Goliath The Philistine / Top Ten Smoking Footballers: Jack Wilshere, Lionel Messi And More Seth Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by passy: 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2006
Last Wednesday when Lionel Messi wrapped up the whole of Chelsea's midfield and defence, it was so unimaginable as the top striker Etodinho intellegently ask for Larson and Ronaldinho to send the ball across so he could make the diffrence and that was it. I mean the only actual goal in that match.

We'll this is not the end says Eto'o i still have the return league. Which I hope w're going to make it. Do we all agree that this combination of Eto'o-dinho, Ronaldinho, and Messi is a great one? Hay hay, eto'o-dinho because the guy plays brazillian kind of football cheesy.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by Akolawole(m): 3:34am On Feb 28, 2006
Can you please re-phrase your piece, its not clear enough.

Similarly, You can't type the whole lot with capital letters. (Thank you)
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by passy: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2006
Hi Akolawole'
Never meant to write in caps but i believe this makes sense .If you are our moderator "kudus" for being so cautious

Last Wednesday when lonel messi wrapped up the whole of Chelsea’s midfield and defense, it was so un imaginable as the top striker etodinho intelligently ask 4 Larson and ronaldinho to send the ball across so he could make the difference and that was it. I mean the only actual goal in that match.

we'll this is not the end says eto'o i still have the return league. Which i hope we’re going to make it. Do we all agree that this combination of Eto’odinho, ronaldinho, and messi is a great one? Hay hay, Eto’odinho because the guy plays Brazilian kind of football .
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by Akolawole(m): 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2006
passy:

Hi Akolawole'
Never meant to write in caps but i believe this makes sense .If you are our moderator "kudus" for being so cautious

I am not the moderator but just telling you the rule.

Messi is not a suprise package to Jose in fact Jose say the number of free-kicks and penalty advantage Barca gets via Messi.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by babaragold(f): 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2006
hay passy,
                i'll comment first on yr caption to me, very well understood i mean that guy messi was actually a surprised pack for Morinho if not to the whole of chealsea and it's fans i must copliment.coz to be honest ,we expected other barons in the Barca team to create wonders but Messi actually took upon the responsibility to worry their openents to the xtent of causing a 10 against 11 play. so this actually made those of us who where previllaged to watch the match live at least for once in london to be so surprised and shocked at this messi of a player. coz all along we chealsea fans out here from Africa thought of those football 'jujus' like; Fils, Dinho, and the Decos but again i must confess that Messi was a surprise to us b/c even their team spirit and play style improved coz DEL was lacking in the pitch and even Jerimi and Drogba's presence could not change anything. and so Barca had an ample advantage over my team and that was due to a hard tackle against Messi coz the guy had almost beatten all of chealsea's defence and DEL could not support the challenge so he just had to do what he did but justice was prevailed.
           Anyway, i like soccer and i hope w'll be on an long as possible but we are going to beat Barca at home though it's going to be a vvv tough game but i'm optimistic abt it. grin
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by Akolawole(m): 12:35am On Mar 02, 2006
@Babaragold

Messi may be a suprise for you, he's not a suprise to me neither he is a suprise to Jose Morinho.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by nightrider: 3:49pm On Mar 02, 2006
ha ha ha ha ha ha aha aha ahaa

Messi wasn't no surprise, we all knew he was going to destroy chelsea's defence and he didn't disappiont.
I'm proud of the lil dynamo. barca needed Messi to Mess the chelsea defence and he did just that.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by passy: 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2006
yeap akolawole,
                         we accepting it or not, messi surprsed morinho alot because he had prepare a good stratagy as to how the other strikers like eto'o and ronaldinho would be tackled but no special eye was put on lil messi u saw that these chelsea guys were forgeting messi and consentrating more on eto'o and  ronaldinho. untill messi surprinsingly distracted the tight defence of chelsea such that instead of going for the ball, delhonor prefered to go for messi untill he took his ticket that qualified him to sit on the bench and watch the match. thereafter, morinho's plans were shatered. so surprised, and confused he was. all because of leonel messi's ditsabilising morinho's line up and play style.
       so, like no like, messi was a special package full of surprises to jose. if u care send yr own surprise pack to richkard and we woun't avoid accepting that it was a surprise pack for us. no matter the outcome.      rendevous, le retour sera chaud a nou camp. cool
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by Idekeson(m): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2006
I knew that boy is up to no good since after what he did to our team at the WYC. I just love to hate that guy. It maybe jealousy, but I'm loving it.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by c0dec(m): 3:49am On Mar 04, 2006
c'mon messi? a surprise? are u just hearing about the boy? he's barca's most dangerous player (even capello said that). quit watching premiership. la liga and serie a are better leagues.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by elten: 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2006
"Lionel Messi" ie the Lion that messes Morinhos Life.YES indeed, he was a surprise pack to all Chelsea fans and Morinho imparticular.He has to consult his juju.Messi showed Morinhos weakness,Is that the best coach?The surprise has just begun ,In Barcelone it will be bitter to consume.Please go on ur knees and Pray if possible fast cus Chelsea dream of winning the champion league is over.Barca their nightmare.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by Akolawole(m): 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2006
@Codec

Thanks, may be they are just seeing the boy play for the first time. Every proper football fan knows him.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by prettyH(f): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2006
Akolawole:

@Codec

Thanks, may be they are just seeing the boy play for the first time. Every proper football fan knows him.

See beef.

Akolawole i understand its difficult to comprehend that chelsea can be beaten and truely sad indeed. But men Barca messed your team up sha. Your boys were just running around the field aimlessly. Upon all the all man defence tactic they lost. Eya
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by cabali(m): 11:09am On Mar 05, 2006
this is obnoxious; barca started having waves done when chelsea lost a defender after the dramatic pretence show of messi.

if not why couldnt they score before the defender was gone. huh?

chelsea wouldve pumped more goals if barca had played with a deficit of a defender! but y'all wont see that now, would ya?
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by Akolawole(m): 8:06pm On Mar 05, 2006
@PrettH

Long time, How are you?

@Everyone

I just pray Barca underrate Chelsea then,
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by pie1ect(m): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2006
@Cabali

There's no denying the fact that Barca controlled the match from beginning to the end, 1-man deficit or not.

Bottomline is Barca are overall a betterteam than Chelsea, like it or not.
And by the way, you boys are over-blowing the Messi incident as if you would have done anything against such an efficient Barca side even with 11 men.

Wake up and smell the coffe or Latte', Chelsea are almost definitely out of the Champions' league because they met a far better team.
But you won't accept that, would ya?
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by Akolawole(m): 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2006
@Pie1ect

Na so you people say when Chelsea score 3 goal against them in 20 minutes last season.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by pie1ect(m): 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2006
Nah, the thing is Barca have moved on and you can see the amount of venom Barca have brought into this match, from the way Eto'o celebrated his goal at the Bridge. Obviously, Barca are a better team now and a better team than Chelsea are. Of course y'all know that and you definitely know, there is no way you can repeat that crazy 20 mins (of last year) at the Nou Camp on tuesday.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by Akolawole(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2006
@Pie1ect
They are far better position to qualify but i wish they underrate Chelsea, they will definitely meet their waterloo.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by pie1ect(m): 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2006
@Akolawole
I don't suppose there is any danger of Barca under-rating Chelsea. Barca seem to be taking this match like the CL final, because of the theatrics of last year. I doubt they'd approach a match against Juve in the same way.

Somehow the Lion that Mourinho created out of Barca last year has come back to haunt him. I'm looking forward to tuesday. Going to be real exciting.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by cabali(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2006
@pie1 barca did not control from the start just answere my question before u talk much, why did they not score before del horno was removed, huh>

and if barca had a one defender out wud they have played that well as well? if u cant answere the first question right then seal the lips, at least for now
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by sage(m): 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2006
Barca had over 60% possesion in the first half. Chelsea just had a little over 30% even with delhorno on the pitch sooooooooooo
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by cabali(m): 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2006
u pple dont hear english, what is 60% possession? I asked why they did not score when it was 11 men complete and u tell me possession, does possession win games?

if u had 60% possession without a goal tells that is all u r doing, possessing the ball instead of scoring!

una sef!!!
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by pie1ect(m): 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2006
@Cabali

You are lucky you have something to use as an excuse. You and I know fully well that Barca had the upper hand through-out the match. You either admit it or you don't but it doesn't change the fact that chelsea lost 2-1 at home to a superior Barcelona team.

One minute you guys are blaming Messi, the very next minute, it's the referee or something from your thuts.

Your goal was not even scored by a chelsea player, so what's the point of your argument?
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by cabali(m): 2:43am On Mar 06, 2006
english o!!!!!

why did barca not score at the time the defenders were complete, simple! why! start ur next post to me with "we did not score because, "

dont tell me what happened in the game; i saw the game myself if u r so convinced with what happened pls answere the question or it then ends here
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by pie1ect(m): 5:23am On Mar 06, 2006
The point of the question being what?

Are you trying to prove something here? because if you are, I would find that very amusing.

FFS, it was still only the first half when Del Horno got himself sent off. So it would be safe to say Barca did not score because they still had plenty of time to do that (which they did in style by the way). And whala' your boys just happened to make things a lot easier for them.

Happy now?

You really are shocking, my friend. Why can't you accept the fact that they are a superior team?
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by Grizzly(m): 6:53am On Mar 06, 2006
We miss da beast from GHANA. If Essien was to be around, that kiddie-time lice: messi, wont be able to run outside d pitch, let alone inside. he will simply get crushed down, in exchange for a mild yellow. n e wayz, mess! been checked, hose called me up yesterday n told me. as for ronaldinho, and eto'o, , tuesday, nou-camp, 8:45pm.
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by cabali(m): 8:50am On Mar 06, 2006
okay! pie that was just what i wanted, an answere so, if u say so then its cool meanwhile am not ur friend my friend smiley
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by pie1ect(m): 11:37am On Mar 06, 2006
angry cool grin
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by passy: 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2006
hi guys,
      we need not talking much anylonger u know tomorrow is so near infact i appreciate the way u have all looked at this isue. see u all again on this forum after sending chelsea back to where they came from. bravo barca. it's true that chelsea made 3 goals last year. yes  we had nothing to say coz we are not like chelsea who do not accept defeat. anyway, that was then football evolves this year is ours we are going to beat chelsea allez et retour see ya after the game.

remember we got a new surprise pack this time arround for morinho not messi again so chelsea fans don't be afraid ohhhhhh. grin
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by prettyH(f): 4:17am On Mar 07, 2006
Kai chelsea supporters are sore losers , see them giving excuses. Anyway that is past tense now, chelsea lost the 1st round. Now the second leg is on today i believe, so lets watch and see who the better team is, Barca or Chelsea.

@Akolawole

I'm alright. Been busy alot though. Hope you are okay?
Re: Lionel Messi: A Surprise Package For Jose Mourinho by Akolawole(m): 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2006
@PrettyH

I am good but we are not accepting that members are busy o grin
All of us are very busy yet we visit the forum.

(1) (2) (Reply)

English FA Cup Semi-Finals: Chelsea vs Liverpool / Bolton Football Club is building a Sports Academy In Owerri / ₦50,000.00 What Of Merrybet Pin & Etisalat Data Will Be Shared Among #100#1st C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.