Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:26 AM

Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria (289 Views)

2023: Buhari Delivered His Promise On Credible Polls – Lai Mohammed / Nairaland Online Polls For 2023 Presidential Election (Pictures) / Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by ExAngel007(f): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari says sustenance of
democracy and rule of law should be a “norm” in
ECOWAS member nations.

According to a statement by Femi Adesina, presidential
spokesman, Buhari said this on Monday at the opening
session of the 2022 second ordinary session of the
ECOWAS parliament in Abuja.

The president said Nigeria is committed to peace and
political stability in the sub-region, adding that the country
will support efforts that will lead to the restoration of
democratic governance in Mali, Guinea and Burkina Faso.

“We are convinced that the sustenance of democracy and
the rule of law should remain the norm in this promising
region,” Buhari said.

“There will be multiple political activities in some ECOWAS
member states, including Nigeria, where general elections
are due to be held in February and March 2023.

“Let me seize this opportunity to reiterate my commitment
to free, fair and transparent elections and smooth
transitions.

“This is one legacy that I want my administration to
bequeath, not only to Nigeria but to the region as a whole.

Buhari added that Nigeria will support any country in West
Africa in conducting credible elections.

“The vision of the founding fathers of ECOWAS was to
have a West Africa that is integrated economically with
harmonised policies, enjoying the free movement of
persons, goods and services, as well as the seamless right
to establishment,” Buhari said.

“We must continue to strive harder to attain those
objectives.

“Let us take advantage of existing mechanisms and our
enterprising population to turn our dreams into reality.

“We have the capacity to do so. Let us collaborate more
and remove our outdated physical and psychological
boundaries and other colonially-inspired differences so our
region can fully attain its full potential.”

Buhari said he supports the election of members of the
ECOWAS parliament provided that it is conducted with
minimum or even at no cost to the community.

“I believe that the membership of the ECOWAS parliament,
not drawn from serving members of parliaments of
member states, would be a good step towards injecting
our regional integration with new energy and initiative,” he
said.

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-i-want-to-leave-legacy-of-credible-polls-for-west-africa-not-only-nigeria/amp
Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by LogicBomb8: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lol
Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by PureMe01: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2022
Is Pastor Femi Adesina OBIdient afterall?
Hope I don't sound stupid?
Oya agbado urchins,attack! grin grin
Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by God1000(m): 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lol, the only thing he will be remembered for is that he made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2022
Shots fired at EscoBAT again.....!!

We shall see
Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by dedonfranco(m): 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2022
Osun state is one of them.
Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2022
Atiku is coming
Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by mbaboy(m): 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2022
Meaning you don't want Tinibu to win which is fair enough
Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by Emperormartin(m): 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2022
He's struggling to leave one legacy that Nigeria will use and remember him
Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by ganisucks(f): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2022
All this is for Tinubu
Translation: I'm not helping anybody in my party rig any election. You stopped me from getting third term; now, I'll stop you from getting first term.
Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by ComeHappy(f): 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2022
This sounds disappointing to some people.
Re: Buhari: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Credible Polls For Africa — Not Only Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2022
Always copying GEJ!

(1) (Reply)

: Adeleke Fires 12,000 Workers And Puts Appointment Of 3 Obas On Hold / Breaking: Labour Party Women Leader Shot Dead In Kaduna / My Fellow Obidients Are Complaining About Lack Of Visibility, Wetin Dey Sup???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.