Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,689 members, 7,879,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom (29624 Views)

2023: We Will Kneel, Beg Wike Not To Dump Our Party – PDP / Wike: We Have Kicked Out Godfatherism In Edo State / Wike: We Can’t Accept Expired Rice, Hunger Won’t Kill Us - Governor Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by GboyegaD(m): 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2022
nairamaniac:

No one has successfully answered this my question;

Was there an agreement before the primaries that if Atilu wins, Ayu would step down as CHAIRMAN?

Some even say it was an open-agreement.

Ayu said he will step down should a Northerner win the primaries. That said, same rule applied when Jonathan became the president after Yar'adua's death.

I am wondering why you asked this question though.
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by HRMK: 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
begging wike?all these pdp members must be deaf and dumb!what he wants is ayu to quit as pdp chairman and replaced by a southerner!!
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by nairamaniac: 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
GboyegaD:

Ayu said he will step down should a Northerner win the primaries. That said, same rule applied when Jonathan became the president after Yar'adua's death.

Ayu said, where and when?
Is there any source or video to back up this?

Cos some people claim they have seen the video awhereby he said it.
I'm feeling maybe you have a source you can direct me to.
A source with a date preceding the primaries election date.

You shouldn't wonder why I asked.
I'm curious like everyone else to know why Ayu wouldn't keep to an agreement that was made very openly. So openly that you sef if aware of it.

This selcenerio is completely different from what happened with Goodluck.

Very very different.
In this case, it's like Wike altered the arrangement to zone the ticket to South east and North-east, so he too could be in the equation.

Besides you need to point to one reason ayu should step downm

Should he step down becos IT HAD BEEN AGREED BEFORE THE PRIMARIES?

or

HE SHOULD STEP DOWN BECOS SAME THING HAPPENED DURING GOODLUCK'S TIME?
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by nairamaniac: 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2022
GboyegaD:

Toooo many people have said this same thing you said here. That AYU SAID.

But not one person has said *see the link to the video over here*.
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by GboyegaD(m): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
nairamaniac:

Ayu said, where and when?
Is there any source or video to back up this?

Cos some people claim they have seen the video awhereby he said it.
I'm feeling maybe you have a source you can direct me to.
A source with a date preceding the primaries election date.

You shouldn't wonder why I asked.
I'm curious like everyone else to know why Ayu wouldn't keep to an agreement that was made very openly. So openly that you sef if aware of it.

This selcenerio is completely different from what happened with Goodluck.

Very very different.
In this case, it's like Wike altered the arrangement to zone the ticket to South east and North-east, so he too could be in the equation.

Besides you need to point to one reason ayu should step downm

Should he step down becos IT HAD BEEN AGREED BEFORE THE PRIMARIES?

or

HE SHOULD STEP DOWN BECOS SAME THING HAPPENED DURING GOODLUCK'S TIME?

Both are sufficient grounds for him to step down. You can't have an intending number one and the national chairman from the same region. We don't need to deceive ourselves that we are that developed to avoid the regional divides.

In addition, here are a few links that suggests Ayu made the statement;

https://m.facebook.com/punchnewspaper/photos/a.219576771413826/5910601612311285/?type=3

https://www.thecable.ng/rewind-in-2021-ayu-promised-to-resign-if-pdp-produces-a-northern-presidential-candidate/amp

In the second link, he said he would should the party ask him to, he will and he is willing to sacrifice everything for the success of the party. Is he doing that now knowing some sect are aggrieved and that there is a precedence where the presidential candidate and party chairman were from the same region and the party prevailed on the then chairman to step down and he did?
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by nairamaniac: 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2022
GboyegaD:

Both are sufficient grounds for him to step down. You can't have an intending number one and the national chairman from the same region. We don't need to deceive ourselves that we are that developed to avoid the regional divides.

In addition, here are a few links that suggests Ayu made the statement;

https://m.facebook.com/punchnewspaper/photos/a.219576771413826/5910601612311285/?type=3

https://www.thecable.ng/rewind-in-2021-ayu-promised-to-resign-if-pdp-produces-a-northern-presidential-candidate/amp

In the second link, he said he would should the party ask him to, he will and he is willing to sacrifice everything for the success of the party. Is he doing that now knowing some sect are aggrieved and that there is a precedence where the presidential candidate and party chairman were from the same region and the party prevailed on the then chairman to step down and he did?

This your reply is the exact same reply they all say whenever I ask for an evidence that he said it.

Is WIKE the PARTY?

Is WIKE and the Other 4 Governors the whole of PDP?

HOwever give me like an hour to open the links you pasted here.

I just opened your link. You see the problem I have with Nigerians.

Before you said AYU SAID.

You said it like you may have been there as a witness or you have a video whereby he said it.

I pressed further to ask you for evidence or a video.

Then you show me a link whereby WIKE SAID AYU SAID.

Why didnt you just say if from the beginning that "Wike said Ayu said"?
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by GboyegaD(m): 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2022
nairamaniac:

This your reply is the exact same reply they all say whenever I ask for an evidence that he said it.

Is WIKE the PARTY?

Is WIKE and the Other 4 Governors the whole of PDP?

HOwever give me like an hour to open the links you pasted here.

Trying to understand your argument, in the face of a precedence when it happened in the South, no one should ask him to before he does that honorably if he's for the interest of the party. Anyways, I have said what I need to on this issue.
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by nairamaniac: 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
[/b]
GboyegaD:

[b]Ayu said
he will step down should a Northerner win the primaries. That said, same rule applied when Jonathan became the president after Yar'adua's death.

The bolded should have been "wike said, Ayu said".

Not AYU SAID.

After all the links you sent to me meant that "WIKE SAID AYU SAID".

If you are not a direct witness to what someone said Always always reveal the source of your information.

The source of your info in this case is WIKE(thru Facebook and other media links)
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by GboyegaD(m): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
nairamaniac:
[b][/b]

The bolded should have been "wike said, Ayu said".

Not AYU SAID.

After all the links you sent to me meant that "WIKE SAID AYU SAID".

If you are not a direct witness to what someone said Always always reveal the source of your information.

The source of your info in this case is WIKE(thru Facebook and other media links)

Go listen again to the video in the link and stop whinning.
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by nairamaniac: 12:17am On Dec 01, 2022
GboyegaD:

You sent 2 links. One of them was a statement made by wike accusing ayu of promising to step down if atiku won.

That one alone discouraged me from opening the other one.
Coupled with the length of that video.

It's over 30mins.

Meaning I would have to watch and listen to the entire video to absolve your point.

Let's both hope it's going to be worth my time, data and stress.

Cos that other link was a complete contradiction of all you said from the beginning.
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by nairamaniac: 10:38am On Dec 02, 2022
GboyegaD:

I have listened to the entire video.

It was even at the beginning part of the video that Ayu said what we are debating about.

He said "if the PDP says he should step down, he would do that".

Same thing is said somewhere here.
1. Wike and his fellow band members are/is not the entire PDP.
2. IF it was a constitutional law within the party that "as long as someone emerges as the presidential candidate from a region, the chairman MUST step down if he comes from that same region". Then Ayu would never have said what he said above.

He should have said *it's a mandatory rule of our party, that as long as the presidential candidate in this upcoming primaries comes from the north, i(as chairman) must to step down from my current chairmanship position”.

3. Arise Tv just like you did, twisted Ayu's statement and facts.

Find attached why I said this in the screenshot below. In this screenshot it said "AYU PLEDGED to step down after a Presidential candidate emerges and happens to be in the north".
My brother at what point did this happen from that video in this very link you sent to me?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT A PLEDGE IS?

This is simple English&Semantics.

Brother saying "I would step down if party says I should due to someone coming from the north" is different from
"I would step down as soon as someone emerges from the north".

These are 2 very very very different things?

Or are you saying they are the same thing?
Please kindly answer this very simple question I just asked you here.

4. Bear in mind that wike had lost his credibility enough not to be seen as PDP as he once was.
There was a point that PDP was Wike and Wike was PDP, but he has pushed his chances&powers just toooooooo far.

Only wike had been directly involved in placing and discharging the last 2(at least) national party chairmen

Only wike went against the agreement of majority of the party that *the presidency should be zoned to the sounth east or north east*.
Only Wike, then others followed.
Then he threw himself into the equation.
He had completely lost credibility

It was due to this that majority of other party stake holders stood behind Ayu and against Wike.

That sums it all.

I appreciate your intellect and communication.
That you also sent as far as giving me the links and videos as evidences. But those links and videos brought us both to the same dead end.

Lastly, I am neither Pdp or APC in this election. They can both get burnt for all I care.

But I don't support lies and accusations even against my enemies.

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by GboyegaD(m): 11:01am On Dec 02, 2022
nairamaniac:

I have listened to the entire video.

It was even at the beginning part of the video that Ayu said what we are debating about.

He said "if the PDP says he should step down, he would do that".

Same thing is said somewhere here.
1. Wike and his fellow band members are/is not the entire PDP.
2. IF it was a constitutional law within the party that "as long as someone emerges as the presidential candidate from a region, the chairman MUST step down if he comes from that same region". Then Ayu would never have said what he said above.

He should have said *it's a mandatory rule of our party, that as long as the presidential candidate in this upcoming primaries comes from the north, i(as chairman) must to step down from my current chairmanship position”.

3. Arise Tv just like you did, twisted Ayu's statement and facts.

Find attached why I said this in the screenshot below. In this screenshot it said "AYU PLEDGED to step down after a Presidential candidate emerges and happens to be in the north".
My brother at what point did this happen from that video in this very link you sent to me?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT A PLEDGE IS?

This is simple English&Semantics.

Brother saying "I would step down if party says I should due to someone coming from the north" is different from
"I would step down as soon as someone emerges from the north".

These are 2 very very very different things?

Or are you saying they are the same thing?
Please kindly answer this very simple question I just asked you here.

4. Bear in mind that wike had lost his credibility enough not to be seen as PDP as he once was.
There was a point that PDP was Wike and Wike was PDP, but he has pushed his chances&powers just toooooooo far.

Only wike had been directly involved in placing and discharging the last 2(at least) national party chairmen

Only wike went against the agreement of majority of the party that *the presidency should be zoned to the sounth east or north east*.
Only Wike, then others followed.
Then he threw himself into the equation.
He had completely lost credibility

It was due to this that majority of other party stake holders stood behind Ayu and against Wike.

That sums it all.

I appreciate your intellect and communication.
That you also sent as far as giving me the links and videos as evidences. But those links and videos brought us both to the same dead end.

Lastly, I am neither Pdp or APC in this election. They can both get burnt for all I care.

But I don't support lies and accusations even against my enemies.

What lie are you referring to here? I do not know about their constitution however, there is a precedent and that should be followed. The very reason he acknowledged if hes asked to, he will. I wish him and his party luck a d for us the people, I wish us whatever we think is best for us.
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by nairamaniac: 11:23am On Dec 02, 2022
GboyegaD:

What lie are you referring to here? I do not know about their constitution however, there is a precedent and that should be followed. The very reason he acknowledged if hes asked to, he will. I wish him and his party luck a d for us the people, I wish us whatever we think is best for us.

Any precedent that carries several-IF's was never a precedent. Also factor in the person(s) in question that would ask him to resign.
If that person was wike whom wasn't meant to be in the equation from the begining and caused Atiku to enter the equation as a contender, then Ayu should not be a casualty of Wike's loss.

Ordinarily atiku wouldn't have entered as a contender if wike didn't throw the candidacy open to anyone from any region.
Don't you understand?

So if this same wike that made atiku to enter the race and lost to the same atiku later says Ayu should resign, do you think majority of the party member would take him seriously?

Therein are the reasons THE ENTIRE PARTY OR MAJORITY DIDNT JOIN WIKE AGAINST AYU&ATIKU.
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by nairamaniac: 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2022
GboyegaD:

I have attached the screenshots so you know even your source, Arise TV twisted it all up to get people (you inclusive) all confused which is quite evil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Saraki Turned Emir Of Ilorin Into ‘houseboy’ / Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS / Gloomy Outlook For States As Federation Account Falls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.