Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,425 members, 7,917,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:25 PM

'the Time For Ibaka Seaport Is Now', Oba Tells Oro People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'the Time For Ibaka Seaport Is Now', Oba Tells Oro People (472 Views)

Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. / Why Ibaka Deep Sea Port Was Relocated To A New Site / Ekere Promises To Build Ibaka Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'the Time For Ibaka Seaport Is Now', Oba Tells Oro People by Naijapromoter: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2022
*As Engr. Uwe Akan defects with over 5,000 PDP/APC members to the YPP

Senator Bassey Albert Akpan, CON, the governorship candidate candidate of the Young Progressives Party (YPP), has rekindled the expectations of the Oro people towards having a well-built seaport sited in Ibaka, just as he received 5,000 decapees into the YPP fold.

While receiving the defectors led by Ulap (Engr.) Uwe Akan, former International President of Oro Union Youth Wing on November 27, 2022, OBA condemned the series of deceptions by the present PDP government on Oro people and assured them that his administration will be different.

"Now is Oro’s time. Now is Ibaka Seaport's time. One prayer I've always prayed is God please open the ears and eyes of our youths, elders and women. I have known the truth and the truth has set me free. Know the truth and the truth shall set you free. If I say I will build Ibaka Seaport, I mean it. If this Government continued from where we stopped under Gov.Akpabio, Ibaka Seaport would have been a reality today. Go to Uyo and Abuja, Ibaka Seaport is only on billboards”, he said.

The senator reiterated his commitment to see the project through to fruition. “The seaport would employ the youths even at construction stage. This is time for Ibaka Seaport. Stand up and support the YPP. The economy in Oro can make life better for the Oro people. We will transform Oro", the lawmaker assured.

"In 2019, Udom went to Urue Offong Oruko and promised roads, fish processors and jobs. Has he done? Last week, Umo Eno went back and made the same promise, claiming continuity. They are fighting me because of you. They don't want you to know the truth, but you will know the truth. I will exceed your expectations", he pledged.

While speaking, the deputy governorship candidate of YPP, AIG Asuquo Amba (rtd.) said there is hunger in Oro, despite huge amounts that accrue to the state.

He said that the powers-that-be in the state deliberately make things difficult for the people and promised that when OBA assumes office, things will change for better.

Speaking earlier, Ulap Uwe who led the defectors told the lawmaker that Oro people, who have long been marginalized by the present government, have decided to support OBA for governor, come 2023.

"Today is a clear indication that Oro is YPP. I am here to communicate the message of Oro that come 2023, we will send you to the Hilltop Mansion. While you were Commissioner, you tried for the entire Oro. Your blueprint also is the reason we are here today".

Uwe complained of lack of development in the area and made a formal request for Ibaka Seaport and slots for commissioners.

"The place where the serving house member is from, there is no transformer. If there is anything Oro people need, it is Ibaka Deep Seaport. Oro people will be pleased with you if you graciously give Oro Nation five commissioners", he said.

He further gave reasons why he and thousands of others decided to follow OBA

"What motivated me to follow you is because with you the hope of Akwa Ibom is guaranteed. That is why this crowd of both PDP and APC members decided to defect and join you", he added.

Re: 'the Time For Ibaka Seaport Is Now', Oba Tells Oro People by incandescentena: 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
cheesy
Re: 'the Time For Ibaka Seaport Is Now', Oba Tells Oro People by saintkeppy(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2022
This present Government under Gov.Udom have been politicking Ibaka DeepSeaport, & nothing to show for after obtaining approval.

Oro people are saying its Senator Bassey Albert Akpan for Governor.
OBA&AMBA anyday anytime.

Mynd44,
please move this to front page for Young Progressives Party (YPP) Guber Candidate, Akwa Ibom State.

(1) (Reply)

Svalbard The Land With No Sunset But Has One The Stongest Democracy In Europe / In High Level Visit To Vietnam, Osinbajo To Meet President, Vp, Prime Minister, / Have You Used Enaira? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.