Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,465 members, 7,881,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:25 AM

I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It (7324 Views)

Bandit Leader, Kachalla Baleri, Flaunts Redesigned Naira Notes / EndSARS Protesters Raise Funds To Buy A Protester Prosthetic Leg (photo). / Flooding: We Need Noah's Ark In Lagos, But Who Will Build It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by viceddy95(m): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2022
Where do you live? Like how much are you looking at ….
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by ruggedtimi(m): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2022
PureMe01:
This one will not work in Nigeria. Sorry bro.
na lie
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 10:35pm On Nov 29, 2022
wirinet:
You scaling is wrong. Comparing the people to the bus shows the bus is huge.

Furthermore, that's not the way to present a prototype design. You need to show the front, side views and plan.

Alright thanks for your suggestions I will do a better prototype design next time and also include a plan
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
[quote author=viceddy95 post=118784190]Where do you live? Like how much are you looking at ….[/quote

I live in utako abuja.with 1 million naira am certain I can build one nice prototype.
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Goldmynemaniac: 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2022
sweetonugbu:
Fourcycle.
TetracyleTM
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2022
Lifestone:

Have you done your prototype?

I need funds to build the prototype for now I just have the designs.
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Yankee101: 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
It's one thing to design on paper and another to try it out in real life

1. Have you tested a prototype?
2. Can the single motocycle engine pull this?
3. Accident prevention measures?
4. Capitulation?
5. Capacity?
6. Air drag?
7. Comparative Cost?
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Nicepoker(m): 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2022
Poor aerodynamics abilities
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is good for mobile ads not for human and goods transport. The aerodynamics is poor and will be slow and consume more fuel.
The high centre of gravity is the only thing you have worked on. This is no pod and vpod sounds like 5 passenger seater. It has 4 tyres yet big so it takes engine like that of korope so competing directly with them but luxurious korope.
The design will be good for mobile ad and nothing. They move slowly and ad can be seen from all angles. You do not need loan money.
Just pitch to outdoor advetisers and they place order so use their money to build then collect balance when you deliver or build 1-3 with your savings and rent to outdoor advertisers etc

Thanks That's actually a good idea you think really differently than normal people shocked I will think more on what you said regarding the use case and I will pitch it to advertisers.

1 Like

Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by fkj950ax(m): 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hafeez5000:

I will check it out.hyperloop is very expensive to build even just the infrastructure of hyper loop is expensive hyper loop is for rich people vpod is a comfortable means of transport for the common man.maybe my design is anomaly and that's why it will succeed

Cool.
I'd recommend you get into Product Development field and focus on automobile design.
That way you can bid your time and build industry equity.
Nigeria is not an environment for these things so look beyond Nigeria. Join online forums and groups and projects as a voice. Share your thoughts there, work on projects with them.
Forget raising funds to build it currently while in Nigeria. Even Rickshaws in India and Asian countries where they developed have improved more than the models sold in Nigeria/Africa. Join those groups involved in that and all.
I'd recommend finding people or students or workers in these places who are passionate about design. Find the groups they are part of on LinkedIn, Quora and other online sharing platforms (preferably the CLOSED GROUPS) and join.

1. College for Creative Studies: Detroit
2. Hochschule Pforzheim University: Baden-Württemberg, Germany
3. Royal College of Art: London
4. ArtCenter College of Design: Pasadena, Calif.
https://www.engineeringforchange.org/solutions/product/mellowcabs/

If you read an article on product design and development or automobile design, note the names of the people in it, the organisations or schools. Find them and join as an enthusiast. You'd be surprised the knowledge sharing you will be invited to be part of.

Even NEPAL is using a better rickshaw than Nigeria

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0c/Electric_Rickshaws.jpg/1024px-Electric_Rickshaws.jpg

Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by logicalhumour: 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hafeez5000:
I redesigned keke napep to make it more comfortable and safe.i want to build it but I know all the components required to build it but I don't have funds to build it.how do I raise funds to build it?
Are you an engineer? Because hmm... I see so many wrong things/flaws in this you design. Nice concept sha.
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2022
Goldmynemaniac:
TetracyleTM

Or just tetra for short or tera
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2022
Nicepoker:
Poor aerodynamics abilities

True but this is the first design the next design will be more aerodynamic
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by tommy589(m): 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2022
wirinet:
You scaling is wrong. Comparing the people to the bus shows the bus is huge.

Furthermore, that's not the way to present a prototype design. You need to show the front, side views and plan.

It has more space than conventional mini buses,even one of the passengers conveniently stands in the bus
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Irupetepete: 11:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hafeez5000:
I redesigned keke napep to make it more comfortable and safe.i want to build it but I know all the components required to build it but I don't have funds to build it.how do I raise funds to build it?
it won't serve the purpose Keke napep is supposed to serve.
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Goldmynemaniac: 11:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hafeez5000:

Or just tetra for short or tera
Tera is not cool.

Tetra means four. Following the naming tradition( bi for bicycle, tri for tricycle) tetra is just apt.
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by FarahAideed: 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hafeez5000:

Where is will the driver stay ?
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
fkj950ax:

Cool.
I'd recommend you get into Product Development field and focus on automobile design.
That way you can bid your time and build industry equity.
Nigeria is not an environment for these things so look beyond Nigeria. Join online forums and groups and projects as a voice. Share your thoughts there, work on projects with them.
Forget raising funds to build it currently while in Nigeria. Even Rickshaws in India and Asian countries where they developed have improved more than the models sold in Nigeria/Africa. Join those groups involved in that and all.
I'd recommend finding people or students or workers in these places who are passionate about design. Find the groups they are part of on LinkedIn, Quora and other online sharing platforms (preferably the CLOSED GROUPS) and join.
College for Creative Studies: Detroit
Hochschule Pforzheim University: Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Royal College of Art: London
ArtCenter College of Design: Pasadena, Calif.

If you read an article on product design and development or automobile design, note the names of the people in it, the organisations or schools. Find them and join as an enthusiast. You'd be surprised the knowledge sharing you will be invited to be part of.

Thanks bro for your unique insight.i will try my best to find and join them as a enthusiast I really appreciate your effort.by the way just curious did you study abroad ?
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
FarahAideed:

Where is will the driver stay ?

No need for driver it will just follow a line grin
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by FarahAideed: 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hafeez5000:

No need for driver it will just follow a line grin

cheesy
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2022
logicalhumour:

Are you an engineer? Because hmm... I see so many wrong things/flaws in this you design. Nice concept sha.

Am not.I studied business administration I am just fascinated by machines.today was the first time I used the software that I design the vpod am a newbie at 3d design smiley

1 Like

Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:26pm On Nov 29, 2022
Yankee101:
It's one thing to design on paper and another to try it out in real life

1. Have you tested a prototype?
2. Can the single motocycle engine pull this?
3. Accident prevention measures?
4. Capitulation?
5. Capacity?
6. Air drag?
7. Comparative Cost?

I just have the idea I am not a engineer I need a engineer to help me perfect it grin

1 Like

Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
tommy589:

It has more space than conventional mini buses,even one of the passengers conveniently stands in the bus

Oh alright In the next design iteration I will reduce the size thanks for your observation
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
Goldmynemaniac:
Tera is not cool.

Tetra means four. Following the naming tradition( bi for bicycle, tri for tricycle) tetra is just apt.

Sha I just think tetracycle is kinda long that's just my thought.you should think of a better and shorter name
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Lifestone(m): 11:48pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hafeez5000:

I need funds to build the prototype for now I just have the designs.
Is the engineering design completed?
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:56pm On Nov 29, 2022
Lifestone:

Is the engineering design completed?

No not really I literally got the idea for vpod today for now I just have design.but I will complete the engineering design soon
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Hafeez5000: 11:58pm On Nov 29, 2022
FarahAideed:

cheesy

But a automatic safety system will be added to it just case it glitch not follow the line
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by cobby14(m): 12:35am On Nov 30, 2022
Build a prototype first or at least start building it.
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Lifestone(m): 12:37am On Nov 30, 2022
Hafeez5000:

No not really I literally got the idea for vpod today for now I just have design.but I will complete the engineering design soon
That's critical before pitching and you should be able to achieve this if you are an Engineer otherwise you need to engage with those who are ready to invest sweat equity but you must not relinquish control over the project. Once you get your engineering design, you must proceed to Trade mark and obtain patent right for it to protect your intellectual property.
I believe your concept will work if you are focus and create some unique capabilities in your designs
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Goldmynemaniac: 12:40am On Nov 30, 2022
Hafeez5000:

Sha I just think tetracycle is kinda long that's just my thought.you should think of a better and shorter name
Thinking is expensive. Can you afford my thoughts?

#Thinkingcompany
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by fkj950ax(m): 1:17am On Nov 30, 2022
Hafeez5000:

Thanks bro for your unique insight.i will try my best to find and join them as a enthusiast I really appreciate your effort.by the way just curious did you study abroad ?

I live in the US.

I highly recommend "Creative Engineering With Mark Rober" online course. It's very insightful and a good entrance into engineering, product and project development. You can watch his videos on YouTube even before taking the course.
Re: I Redesigned Keke Napep How Do I Raise Funds To Build It by Ofodirinwa: 1:57am On Nov 30, 2022
Hafeez5000:

Getting the funds to build your prototype is difficult but here are some ideas.

1. Start a corporation.
If you can get others to believe in your vision allow others to be investors. Say you need 2 million naira, sell shares. Then convince the people around you and beyond you to come invest.

As proof of work, use the money they are investing to buy parts piece by piece. You can tell them that if the prototype isn't finished by X amount of years or months you can sell the parts and the will get the same percentage back.

Have monthly meetings with investors to assure them the project is still on track and to encourage them to invest more. Study what corporations are and how they work. Don't try to cheat or cut corners like an idiot because you will only cheat yourself and your stomach. Reach out to relatives abroad as well.

2. Get a job, buy parts piece by piece - But the parts piece by piece and partner without someone who has the technical expertise to get the job done. Of course pay them for their labor. If you don't have money your next best currency is transparency followed by honesty and reliability. If you have these three things you can do anything because pp will trust you with their time and money. If you lose these things or are willing to sell them like a lot of Nigerians, enjoy poverty.

3. Get a new product. Invent something that you can afford to build as you are. Once that is done and you are able to sell it, use that money to return to this project.

Forget all the negative stupidity in this thread. You can do this but you have to understand that money is not the only currency. If you are reliable, consistent, honest, and persuasive you can make money do what you need money to do.

but I would build a prototype first by sources the pieces one by one. For now, forget getting enough money to buy them all. But if you save, buy one, save a little more, buy two, you will be in good position.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(pictures) Governor Chibuike Amaechi / Rivers State Declares For G Jonathan 2011 / Possible Solution To Nigeria's Health Care Problems / Ondo Is No Longer An Oil Producing State Just Like Crossriver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.