Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,404 members, 7,978,275 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:30 AM

Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . (2558 Views)

Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari / Jonathan Is A Good Man, But Cannot Lead Nigeria- Father Mbaka Admits / Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead By Pius Adesanmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by PointB: 8:37am On Aug 28, 2011
Gbawe:

My friend , the truth objective adults can admit is that Jonathan ,or at least the Defense Minister, NSA and IGP , should have stepped down over this continuous and repeated security failings. It is up to us to decide whether we want Nigeria to make progress and become the sort of Country where leaders are held to account and replaced if incompetent. Ordinary phone hacking scandal cost the UK's top Policeman , an otherwise outstanding officer, his job recently. Go and find out.

In Nigeria, it is the other way round .Incompetent leaders not only keep their job but ordinary Nigerians dare not question their actions. Like someone said earlier , Jonathan is our servant not our boss . Him and others should be answerable to us.

We have a country where nothing works . Jonathan has not acquited himself well at all over the Boko haram issue. He has not inspired confidence, unity and a sense of purpose in Nigerians whether via speech or action.

Charity begins at home;
Many people will start taking you serious when you begin to hold Aregbesola, and many of the clueless ACN lots into account. Your selective crusade against GEJ/PDP portrays you as very hypocritic, and totally bias individual.

All you do daily is to condemn PDP/GEJ and praise ACN/Tinubu/Aregbesola and rest of the goon. Stop your hypocrisy! Those who come to equity must come with clean hands! Enough said!
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 28, 2011
the october 1 bombings highlighted the incompetence of the gej administration for those not blinded by ethnic and religious jingoism

mend issued advance warning of their intent to bomb the venue. a warning that was circulated to other countries

as a result of this, foreign dignitaries gave the event a wide berth (an indication of their opinion of the competence of our security apparatus)

the government solution was to push for a misguided raid on the premiss of okah, a man on the other side of the continent. what this was supposed to achieve is beyond me. they also chose to go on with the event WITHOUT WARNING NIGERIANS OF THE DANGERS or even preparing for them. there were no ambulances / emergency services on standby.

GEJ is squarely responsible for the deaths of nigerians that day. what makes it even more sickening is the fact that he was aware of the danger. imagine me throwing a party , being warned that my party will be attacked, and still going on without warning my family, all the while ensuring i am adequately shielded/protected.

the aftermath was even more disgraceful. an barefaced attempt to rope in IBB and dokpesi. where are ben jessy and chima orlu?
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by ugbo(m): 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2011
I would say the insecurity issue lies at the door of our politicians, which GEJ represents at the top. The insecure environment in which we live did not start with GEJ; the decay that is seen in all aspects of the Nigeria polity is also evident in the area of security. Boko Haram bombings only served to bring it to the fore. A nation were armed robbers operate with impunity, with no existing mechanism or framework to respond to such crimes, cannot fight terrorism.

Although I completely hold GEJ responsible as the president, but the current state of affairs is not his making, it is something that has been since independence. No past government did anything to ensure proper security. They only try to fortify their personal security by building high wall fences, hiring ma guard etc, forgetting that a hungry ma guard poses an immediate and imminent security risk to them. My point is, a hungry and highly impoverished people is an insecure nation especially when a few appropriate the wealth to themselves and their cronies. Those who are most afraid are the big men. Obasanjo embarked on a bombing campaign of Odi, instead of addressing the root causes, he allowed sharia governments, rather than addressing it as it rears it's ugly head.

I am afraid that somehow there is no solution to Nigeria; I strongly believe that Nigeria is a failed state, and I do not apologize for that; people like obasanjo, Atiku, babangida, gowon, anenih, ibori, igbinedion, the entire arewa, afenifere, ndigbo, and their niger delta/south south counterparts bodies have, over time, sacrificed the lives of Nigerians for their personal benefits. When there is an accident that results in death, remember that the money meant to build/fix the road was stolen by anenih; when a child or someone dies from common curable diseases due to lack of proper health care, remember all the past ministers of health, they stole the money meant to fix the health system; when you sleep with mosquitoes and no electricity at night, remember the all past ministers of power and energy, they have sacrificed your comfort to finance their luxury. Bottom line, when you are experiencing poverty and insecurity, remember the causes are the politicians, whom GEJ current represents.
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by Pukkah: 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2011
This matter is as clear as daylight. Who's really surprised about Mr Jonathan's faltering steps and lack of decisiveness? Didn't we see it coming and say it?

It's as lawyers say, 'nemo dat quod non habet'- no one can give what he does not have. Where will Mr Jonathan get the sudden burst of ideas and spine to tackle these critical issues from? Where?
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by aljharem3: 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2011
PointB:

Charity begins at home;
Many people will start taking you serious when you begin to hold Aregbesola, and many of the clueless ACN lots into account. Your selective crusade against GEJ/PDP portrays you as very hypocritic, and totally bias individual.

All you do daily is to condemn PDP/GEJ and praise ACN/Tinubu/Aregbesola and rest of the goon. Stop your hypocrisy! Those who come to equity must come with clean hands! Enough said!

TAAAA!!!! stop that rubbish u are writing

since when has PDP been in power ? 1999 nothing to show for it

since when ahas GEJ been in power febuary 2010,.,.,.,. going to 2 years

now

when did ACN get to power ?

when did aregbesola get to power ? 2 months ago

so what charity are u talking about. ? or is fashola and ACN governor not know WORLD WIDE for his achievemnt in lagos already without finsihing his tenure.

now where is the comparison. a beg shut up if u do not know what to say
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2011
GEJ is very wise. He knows what he's doing
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by Pukkah: 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2011
^^^In what specific and unambiguous ways can you clearly demonstrate that he knows what he's doing? Prove his wisdom please.
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by Gbawe: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2011
alj_harem:

now

so what charity are u talking about. ? or is fashola and ACN governor not know WORLD WIDE for his achievemnt in lagos already without finsihing his tenure.

Abi OOO . Let him go and preach the same hollow message to Femi Falana and the many undoubted "good guys" who are highly critical of the PDP and GEJ. Let us not forget that Falana et al took to the the street for democracy , with GEJ benefitting , while the current AGIP buddies of Mr. President hid away.

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/beyond-condemnation-un-house-bomb-attack%E2%80%8F-femi-falana

Beyond The Condemnation Of UN House Bomb Attack!‏ -Femi Falana
Posted: August 28, 2011 - 18:00

We join the government and people of Nigeria in condemning the bombing of the United Nations Building in Abuja last Friday. We also sympathize with the bereaved families of the deceased and others  who were injured in the dastardly attack.

It is a national shame that some of the injured survivors have to be flown abroad for treatment since the National Hospital in Abuja is ill equipped to treat them . After 12 years in power the peoples democratic party led federal government should explain what has happened to all the funds allocated for the refurbishment of the National Hospital that it  has no pint of blood in its  bank.

However, beyond condemnations Nigerians should  take the bomb blast as a challenge to protect themselves since President Goodluck Jonathan has confessed that he himself is not safe! Since Nigerians have become cheap targets in the hands of assassins,kidnappers,armed robbers and terrorists the National Assembly should as a matter of urgency comply with section 220 of the Constitution which states that "The Federation shall establish and maintain adequate facilities for carrying into effect any Act of the National Assembly providing for compulsory military training or military service for citizens of Nigeria".
-Femi Falana.
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by friedrice1: 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2011
oyb:

the october 1 bombings highlighted the incompetence of the gej administration for those not blinded by ethnic and religious jingoism

mend issued advance warning of their intent to bomb the venue. a warning that was circulated to other countries

as a result of this, foreign dignitaries gave the event a wide berth (an indication of their opinion of the competence of our security apparatus)

the government solution was to push for a misguided raid on the premiss of okah, a man on the other side of the continent. what this was supposed to achieve is beyond me. they also chose to go on with the event WITHOUT WARNING NIGERIANS OF THE DANGERS or even preparing for them. there were no ambulances / emergency services on standby.

GEJ is squarely responsible for the deaths of nigerians that day. what makes it even more sickening is the fact that he was aware of the danger. imagine me throwing a party , being warned that my party will be attacked, and still going on without warning my family, all the while ensuring i am adequately shielded/protected.

the aftermath was even more disgraceful. an barefaced attempt to rope in IBB and dokpesi. [size=13pt]where are ben jessy and chima orlu?[/size]
they've been granted amnesty, sent to US for training grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by PointB: 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
alj_harem:

now

look at this one? So you still the gut to pop up here? Is not your brothers and friends from Kanuri that are causing this problem in the the name of Allah and Mohammed? Are the bombing in my name or GEJ name? Is not Allah Akbar they shout when the detonate their bombs? Even the state the nation find itself is due to what the atrocities your brother from IBB to Abacha to Abdusalam and Yar Adua committed during their times? Nigerians are dying because people like Alj boko harem from kanuri and hausaland are killing them!

The question now is should GEJ bomb Maiduguri to stone age like Obasanjo did in Odi (and what was name of the town in Benue?) That question will be answered I believe in short time.

Keep basking in spilt blood Ahj Boko Harem!
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by aljharem3: 10:48pm On Aug 28, 2011
PointB:

look at this one? So you still the gut to pop up here? Is not your brothers and friends from Kanuri that are causing this problem in the the name of Allah and Mohammed? Are the bombing in my name or GEJ name? Is not Allah Akbar they shout when the detonate their bombs? Even the state the nation find itself is due to what the atrocities your brother from IBB to Abacha to Abdusalam and Yar Adua committed during their times? Nigerians are dying because people like Alj boko harem from kanuri and hausaland are killing them!

The question now is should GEJ bomb Maiduguri to stone age like Obasanjo did in Odi (and what was name of the town in Benue?) That question will be answered I believe in short time. 

Keep basking in spilt blood Ahj Boko Harem!

rubbish talk

why should GEJ bomb maiduguri ?? is it the people of miaduguri that are doing the bombing ?

u see where your sense is

Boko haram is supported by the people that work for GEJ. this people are close to him

this what I HAVE BEEN SAYING ON THE FORUM. haba

why kill the innocent.

ODI is different, it was the indigenes that were fight unlike Boko

moreover. u were talking of ACN and aregebsola and that is why i said stop posting rubbish here because there is no comparison between ACN and PDP
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by Roland17(m): 11:11pm On Aug 28, 2011
As far as am concerned based on facts and figures of the economy, security and sustainable development in Nigeria ODECHUKWU is a big failure,
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by PointB: 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2011
alj_harem:

rubbish talk

why should GEJ bomb maiduguri ?? is it the people of miaduguri that are doing the bombing ?

u see where your sense is

Boko haram is supported by the people that work for GEJ. this people are close to him

this what I HAVE BEEN SAYING ON THE FORUM. haba

why kill the innocent.

ODI is different, it was the indigenes that were fight unlike Boko

moreover. u were talking of ACN and aregebsola and that is why i said stop posting rubbish here because there is no comparison between ACN and PDP

My friend shattap there!
You talk like a mumu; now u want to blame foreigners for what is happening in maiduguri. are u saying you dont know your people and they blood crazy religion? Keep pretending

Everyone know that boko haram is an islamic agenda, by the North.
And these bombers are people like you kanuris, living in maiduguri and causing problem all over the place. The best thing to do is to send soldiers to conduct house to house search in maiduguri and arrest all those potential terrorist lurking around the place.

Perhaps starting from you. You dont act different from them.
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by Johndoe100(m): 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2011
alj_harem:

rubbish talk

Yes, boko haram is a borno production. Who do you think you are fooling?
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by aljharem3: 12:09am On Aug 29, 2011
PointB:

My friend shattap there!
You talk like a mumu; now u want to blame foreigners for what is happening in maiduguri. are u saying you dont know your people and they blood crazy religion? Keep pretending

Everyone know that boko haram is an islamic agenda, by the North.
And these bombers are people like you kanuris, living in maiduguri and causing problem all over the place. The best thing to do is to send soldiers to conduct house to house search in maiduguri and arrest all those potential terrorist lurking around the place.

Perhaps starting from you. You dont act different from them.

Lol boko haram = northern muslim agenda

what happened to the south or yoruba/edo/ijaw are not long muslims

again i say u keep saying rubbish my friend.

i am done with u
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by aljharem3: 12:11am On Aug 29, 2011
Johndoe100:

Yes, boko haram is a borno production. Who do you think you are fooling?

who is fooling who

PDP co-hugs are there bombing nigeria etc u are saying we are fooling

boko haram is a nigerian problem and GEJ needs to tackle it before it gets very problematic
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by nduchucks: 1:22am On Aug 29, 2011
What do you call a government which does not hold a single person accountable, after the country's capita is attacked by bomb blasts for the fouth time in less than one year??

This is truly sad and disgraceful.
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by aljharem3: 2:08am On Aug 29, 2011
ndu_chucks:

What do you call a government which does not hold a single person accountable, after the country's capita is attacked by bomb blasts for the fouth time in less than one year??

This is truly sad and disgraceful.

a beg tell them ooo

yet this people are calling ACN and aregesola to this like ribadu na president
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by Beaf: 2:15am On Aug 29, 2011
^
Oga, what are your people fighting for? What does boko haram want from civilised people?
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by aljharem3: 2:25am On Aug 29, 2011
Beaf:

^
Oga, what are your people fighting for? What does boko haram want from civilised people?

again and time again I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF BOKO HARAM or any group that kills people. I am sure I made that clear since on this forum

Definately Jonathan or the authorities need to something about it either way it must stop. they are fighing for there own pockets and not the north nor borno nor Islam

lastly u can get better info by flying to borno and ask them
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by Beaf: 2:32am On Aug 29, 2011
alj_harem:

again and time again I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF BOKO HARAM or any group that kills people. I am sure I made that clear since on this forum

Definately Jonathan or the authorities need to something about it either way it must stop. they are fighing for there own pockets and not the north nor borno nor Islam

lastly u can get better info by flying to borno and ask them

Its as if you hate me sha! embarassed
How can I fly to Borno that even the indegines are running away from? Can you go to Borno even though that is where you come from?
Guy, I'm just asking you about boko haram in case you know somebody.
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by aljharem3: 2:41am On Aug 29, 2011
Beaf:

Its as if you hate me sha! embarassed
How can I fly to Borno that even the indegines are running away from? Can you go to Borno even though that is where you come from?
Guy, I'm just asking you about boko haram in case you know somebody.

ha ha i no hate you o grin

No i can not go to borno now infact all my family are not staying in lagos and others abuja

I don't know any boko haram. although i am sure GEJ knows them. ask him hard enough i am sure he would tell ur there oga ( i mean boko haram oga)

or how else would u explain the reason for his in action on this issue other than send the military there only who are just killing the innocent
Re: Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead . by EkoIle1: 4:58am On Aug 29, 2011
Some people are just mentally bleeped up. What's Aregbeshola got to do who the UN bombing? Is he the president of Nigeria?

This is why you can't and shouldn't pay attention to these clowns, Nigerians are getting boomed every day and useless and incompetent people we elect to protect us  are too dangerously lazy and too to lift a finger, but these idiots are not even concerned or feel like there is any need to hold these useless leaders  accountable, all they want to do is defend these worthless and incompetent people and blame other Nigerians for GEJs and his incompetent security people and their crimes of negligence and abdication of responsibility. In any non corrupt and sane society, GEJ won't have a job, the IG should have been fired, the security adviser should be looking for another job, but even firing these people for letting us down is too much work for this useless and worthless president. What a freaking shame.

You people are scum bags to me, you are mentaly deficient just like the worthless people you are defending.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma / To All Igbos In Nigeria! / 2014 Prophesies Coming To PAST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.